Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Ammanford.
- Yes Shaan had Rats in their kitchen and had to close down for 3 days while they eliminated the problem. This was the case about 3 months back. They are ok now.
- Spice Cube is the best indain takeaway in Ammanford. I've tried the rest but this s the best. It's opposite the computer shop. Some Fantastic dishes that no other indian does in Ammanford.
- food in tesco cafe tastes like shit
- crumbs in high st is the best place to grab lush food foe a awsum price! its a need to go palce plus the carvary rolls are da best!
- not crisp n fry
- CRISP AND FRY DO THE NICEST GRAVY AND CHIPS.... EVER!!
- dont eat out in ammanford give all your money to tesco
- LOts of pasties everywhere DONUGHTS usally stale everywhere
- poodles r us quay street
- kebab shop is wonderfull................... NOT
- kebab chunks of fatty meat ,,,,,
- SHEZAN is the ultimate restraunt for all Indian Food... No-One will ever outdo them...
If you like Chinese Food.... Manford House in Glanaman is the best :) Long live Andy.
- SHAANS INDIAN TAKE AWAY DO A MEAN CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA, ITS NEXTDOOR TO KWIKSAVE
- If you want a curry then Ammanfords your town. I think they're all owned by the same bloke too??
- Sunderban- a really lovely place- the best that has ever been in ammanford
- Windsor Cafe. Best selection in the valley and we get school prices day & night.P.S Marie,s cool.
- 50% of all the shops in Ammanford are bakers or indian restaurants. Sunderban is the place to be, providing you have time to wait for them to cook the food. I recommend a trip to Swansea during the time it takes to order, to the time you actualy see your food.
- the chippy opposite the railway gives u the best value and taste for chips than any other chippy
- Dont forget the new curry house Sundarban? aspiring city decor, spacious, more leg room for those "toe-up-the-crotch" jobs under the table.
- Kwiksave's new sandwiches rock!
- Shaan is lovely - Tesco's Cafe is ok - Ammanford's speciality is food again 0, just open your eyes and there are loads of places!
- Manford house chinease in Glanamman is very good
- there isn't much as no one can afford it
- old cross bar meals
- jonnas make the best fish and chips in wales and if u don't agree ''cer i grafi''
- Shaan Curry house is the king of curry's and now the bloke's taken over Belash as well so before long we'll be dominated by the taste of shaan!
- Shaan. That's the kiddie. As for eating out, you're spoilt for choice - a surprose round every corner, but NOTHING DANGEROUS...
- Wherever you are in Ammanford, a Curry-House is never far away! Be it Shann's, Belash or Shezan, you can always go for a Curry if you run out of places to go! Prices are more or less the same in all of them - I think they're all owned by the same bloke!
- Apparently there are rats in the kitchen of 'Shaan' at the bottom of Quay Street.
- Ammanford - Bakery Capital of the world.
- You know your social standings by which curry house you frequent from the many available to us in Ammanford.
Shezans:Upper class ie.lots of dosh.
Belash:Middle class ie.strapped for dosh
Neither:Lower class ie.saddos who dont socialise with the rest of uu humans.
- Loads of Indian Restaurants considering it's quite a small town. The best one would have to be Shezan. The service is really friendly and the food is absolutely GORGEOUS!! Also in Llandybie, which is quite close, there's a lovely place called Eastern Promise, and the owner is even more delicious than the food.
- Check out Jonas chip shop. It's lush. Best chip shop in the county.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: alex davis, megz, Stefan Jones, b price, Lowri Rhys, big balls barry, jim, oz davies, SADAM H, SCOTT WESTRON, Beth-, lowri, kelley, Dick, mered, RIK (BRYN) CARTWRIGHT, Seren Fach, Daniel, liam thomas, phileas fog, sas, Justin Trent, Alice, Clare, dave, jeth, titch, A N Other, jethro, marcus, Gareth Jones, JOHN, adam, rob thompson, God, isdneil, PHIL, Joanne, tinks, roguetrooper, heidy thomas, William Roberts, Stephen, terina rymer, birdie & mousey, Dai Rees, dexter, helen, Rebecca, j, roger, kirk mills, Bill Jeffrey, emma, aiden, barry, Mr Bart, generic, Ffiz, James Evans, Phillip Morris, Mario, tam, Richie, mathew rees, andrew ingarfield, Dea Le Bargy, annonimus, ash, nell, dex, SARAH, wendi, Robert (the) Bruce, colin, Steve, TerranceDonovan, Cathy Radcliffe
Last updated: 2009-10-05
More stuff about Ammanford
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Ammanford Knowhere Board