Places to go to see the latest releases
You can tell us more about Ammanford.
- The cinema in Brynamman is great. But I wouldn't advise to go on a Friday, It is full off the shameful ammanford-brynamman youth. They speak all the way through the film.But go any other day, I advise you it a great atmosphere.It not soo cold there now because they have put new central heating and insulation in the cinema. The stage is still great for performances, but it a bit annoying cause of the sloping stage. But I've heard they will be changing that once they have had another grant in. They have updated the place nicely. It is classy and quite up to date (not as quick as swansea uci)but still quite quick.
- brynamman but take a wooly jumper...oh i forgot they did it up. do they have central heating there now?
- Brynaman cinema is full of thugs!!
- catch a bus to brynamman,,,,but you wont get one back!
- 7 miles away from ammanford there is a lovely cinema the only bad thing about it is that you get the local Brynamman thugs kickin your chair the whole way through the film
- out of season crappy films in glanamman,,,,,,,,
- youre having a luagh,,
go to brynamman and watch out of date films!
- glanammans out of date films are usally popular,,,,,
- UGC cardiff or newport
- Good concept however, too full of kids, and by the time adult material is to be shown, all adults are sloshed in the pubs
- THE MINERS WELFARE CINEMA IS ABSOLUTELY SHIT, I'D RATHER GO DOWN TO THE UCI IN SWANSEA
- Urrmmm one day.......
- Cinema - more like a freezer. Remember to take some hoodies and gloves
- Brynamman Cinema is good.But take a coat cos I dont think they believe in central heating up there..
- 'Ammanford Cinema' can be found in a car park, round the back of the Welfare. Once every month, they have a showing of the 'latest' movie, letting you pay £5 to watch a movie that's been out on DVD for a few weeks... Seriously, I'm not making this up!
- Its a good cinema top range but the down point its near a youth club and a boxing gym loads of kids petendin to be hard
- The miners hall thing has reopened. Good if you want two watch a three year old film. Brynamman still reigns!
- Go and freeze in Brynaman
- Miners hall cinema. Real up-to-date movies. I think thier playing Gone With The Wind this week.
- The Miners Hall behind the Welfare play up-to date movies. Breakfast Club is on this week...
- oh here we go - yes AMMANFORD HAS A cinema! ha! Miner's theatre - go dressed in your finest! - whatever that may be in your case- in Ammanford it's the l'cheapo HyperValue Specials stolen from the Market or from TENOVUS charity shop.
- Hurray! The cinema is finally here. Even if the films are three months old.
- let's all go down to ammanford cinema, maybe they are showing 'gone with the wind' by now!!!
- only one in the welfare but that's smaller than my tv.
- I have heared the Welfare is openning a cinema lets see but i won't hold my breath.
- Rich - question for you - what is the cinema like?
- Richie D is solving our cinema problem as we speak. He will unveil his masterpiece very soon. So lets all go down down and support him when the time comes after he did spend 10,000 pound of his pocket money to get the bloody thing
- The new cinema in Ammanford is going to be the highest technology one of it's kind. It has superb management and a chippy nearby. It's a shame the films are so old.
- Yes - you wait you bloody cynics - the new Welfare hall will pack 'em in!!! All 50 of them!!! Tsk.
- Watch this space! The new Millenium heralds the return of the Cinema to Ammanford!
- Wow , a lame projector !
- The award for "ultimate traditional cinema experience" must of course go to Brynamman Cinema .(But please do remember the thermals, even in summer).
- Apparently there is a cinema opening in Amman Centre.
- There are no cinemas at the moment in Ammanford. However, should you pop into the Bard on a Saturday night, there are plenty of extras from Jurassic Park to talk to.
- Brynaman? Swansea? But not one single one in Ammanford.
- Go to Swansea, or if you're desperate go to Brynamman (one screen cinema).
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: alex davis, megz, Stefan Jones, b price, Lowri Rhys, big balls barry, jim, oz davies, SADAM H, SCOTT WESTRON, Beth-, lowri, kelley, Dick, mered, RIK (BRYN) CARTWRIGHT, Seren Fach, Daniel, liam thomas, phileas fog, sas, Justin Trent, Alice, Clare, dave, jeth, titch, A N Other, jethro, marcus, Gareth Jones, JOHN, adam, rob thompson, God, isdneil, PHIL, Joanne, tinks, roguetrooper, heidy thomas, William Roberts, Stephen, terina rymer, birdie & mousey, Dai Rees, dexter, helen, Rebecca, j, roger, kirk mills, Bill Jeffrey, emma, aiden, barry, Mr Bart, generic, Ffiz, James Evans, Phillip Morris, Mario, tam, Richie, mathew rees, andrew ingarfield, Dea Le Bargy, annonimus, ash, nell, dex, SARAH, wendi, Robert (the) Bruce, colin, Steve, TerranceDonovan, Cathy Radcliffe
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Ammanford
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Ammanford Knowhere Board