The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Ammanford.
- Old cross great night out lots happening, cracking singers every Friday. Clean off kareoke on saturdays worth a visit as now its serving till 12am. Bard lost a lot of trade to the cross. Cottage got bad manager not worth a visit (very expensive) Wine bar should of stayed closed. Railway not worth even talking about.
- don't go to da bard!!!!!!!!! thers no point its crap
- WHY DO ALL THE BOUNCERS THINK THEYER DEADHARD,,PUSSEYS SHOULD TRY NOTTS FOR SOME REAL ACTION..
- The Bard, the Old Cross, The Cottage and the Great Western. Dont be seen anywhere else and avoid the Railway at all costs... unless your a smack head, druggie scumbag!!!
- NONE, I'D RECOMMEND YOU GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!
- park bench~!
- It will be your down fall
- wouldnt bother,,,,,,,,
- dont bother waste of time!
- dont bother.....
- Due to Ammanford being a school town, all pubs should be closed til after school-leaving time as sadly this place does have more drunks per family than car tyres
- IF YOU WANT A QUIET NIGHT THEN THE WELFARE, PIC, OR GREAT WESTERN IS YOUR BEST BET. IF YOU FANCY A BIT OF A BRAWL THEN RUMOURS (WINE BAR) OR THE RAILWAY (I STRONGLY ADVISE YOU TO BE SERIOUSLY PISSED BEFORE CONSIDERING TO ENTER THE RAILWAY.) OTHER PUBS ARE THE CROSS, BARD, AND THE COTTAGE.
- The residents who drink from the fountain of youth go to The Cottage/Rumours so thats where all the unemployed 19yr old males go too!
The Bard - Cheap and cheerful, does exactly what it says on the tin
- Railway- if u want drugs, Bard- if u wanna fight, welfare- grab a granny rumours- GO HERE IF ITS STILL OPEN BECAUSE IN ABOUT 2 weeks the cops will close it.
- The 'Minors Club' lives upto it's name, and although it's reasonably prices, 'The Pic' is so insanely cheap that the inhabitants of Ammanford clearly haven't recognised the concept of currency, yet.
- Betws soccer is a good place to go tidy ppl not boring
- Way to go, The Bard was SMOKIN' in the 70's, but there's a WHOLE UNIVERSE out there to drink in....so get going!
- Who threw up all over the Bard's walls???
- Every body goes to all the bars. Remember to pay that 20p when you go in the Pick. "Who's your father boy?!!"
- Don't go in the Half Moon if you're English. Infact don't go in any pubs in Garnant, Ammanford. You might bump into my ex's mum. Not a pretty sight. The other pubs in Ammanford centre are all ok, bar the Railway. Best avoided that one. S'pose if I had to pick one though it would be The Cottage.
- The Railway has been raided yet again. Apparently they get a free doormat on thier 1,000th raid.
- i wouldent know - im a good boy.
- I came to Ammanford for the weekend from London and I can honestly say that the pubs were some of the best in the UK. Lively, friendly people, cheap as well. You couldn't awant more
- the railway is like a porthole to another world. once u step through the door your transported to a wonderfull world of flying elephants and talking fish. (ooooo! look at the pretty colours)
- betws rugby club is ok , the bard can be busy on a saturday night but also a bit nasty
- sell drink what can i say
- old cross is for grownups, makes a change, cottage is for the youngest drinkers known to man, bard is okay, railway is really relaxed with average age of 30-40
- Fresh faced crowds frequent the public houses of Ammanford. Fact. These pubs are not good taverns. Fact. People in nappies have been served in the town. Fact - we have a large elderly population.
- The Cottage Inn still reigns as Ammanford's premier pre-nightclub venue. But the Bard's recent rise as well as the recent re-opening of the Wine Bar means that there's still a decent choice of young people's pubs.
- You forgot the Legion, which is always bouncing.
- Most pubs/clubs in Ammanford are actually quite good. However, if you want to steer clear of drug pushers then avoid the Railway Inn - it will wreck your life!
- The Cottage- alright ; Railway-drug pub ; The Bard- youth club ;Welfare- pensioners ball .
- Waw!!!!Cottage, wine bar, the bard , the cross inn . Such a wide selection for pre-18 year olds.Plus theres the pic for post-65 year olds.You may be asking here are the rest of the legal, pre-"too-old-to-go-out-syndrome" adults. Well.....anywhere but Ammanford!
- The Cottage is a nice pub with a friendly atmosphere and good music. The Bard is full of either Drunks or Bums. The Cross is a bit old, but nice, and the Pick and the Welfare are full of old men. The Cricket Club does gorgeous food, and it's really cheap aswell.
- The Cottage is tidy good. The Bard was a dump but now it's been refurbished.
Rumours Wine Bar has shut, but will return soon.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: alex davis, megz, Stefan Jones, b price, Lowri Rhys, big balls barry, jim, oz davies, SADAM H, SCOTT WESTRON, Beth-, lowri, kelley, Dick, mered, RIK (BRYN) CARTWRIGHT, Seren Fach, Daniel, liam thomas, phileas fog, sas, Justin Trent, Alice, Clare, dave, jeth, titch, A N Other, jethro, marcus, Gareth Jones, JOHN, adam, rob thompson, God, isdneil, PHIL, Joanne, tinks, roguetrooper, heidy thomas, William Roberts, Stephen, terina rymer, birdie & mousey, Dai Rees, dexter, helen, Rebecca, j, roger, kirk mills, Bill Jeffrey, emma, aiden, barry, Mr Bart, generic, Ffiz, James Evans, Phillip Morris, Mario, tam, Richie, mathew rees, andrew ingarfield, Dea Le Bargy, annonimus, ash, nell, dex, SARAH, wendi, Robert (the) Bruce, colin, Steve, TerranceDonovan, Cathy Radcliffe
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Ammanford
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Ammanford Knowhere Board