Demolish It Now Building in Ascot, Berkshire*
Places that need to be levelled
You can tell us more about Ascot.
Demolish It Now Building
- New race course looks like a ship grounded at night from the Windsor road side.
- The Racecourse, the new building looks like an airport terminal.
- The race course's 1960 grandstand. Wait... oh my god they seem to have already done it. I wonder how long the new one will stay 'hip' looking.
- The racecourse, oh hang on they rebuilt it! Why?
- One building? There are so many that need to be demolished in Ascot, and so many that should not have been! North Ascot is the worst offender. The following estates should never have been built, nasty, boring eyesores, filled with the lowest of the low, the reasons for Ascot's gradual social decline, increase in crime, and overall downfall. All properties on Wentworth Avenue, Bracken Bank, Fernbank Crescent, the vast majority on Fernbank Road, Blackmoor Wood,and King Edwards Rise. Prince Andrew Way is bearable, but screams boring 1960's and 70's architecture. Blythewood is also responsible of this atrocity. Kennel Avenue,and the cramped houses along and behind New Road also need to be thought about again! and then of course there is South Ascot, the majority of offenders are behind the station, particularly The Bouldish Farm Estate and the two estates flanking the railway bridge built in the 1980's also need to go. Ascot High Street is also suffering. The Hermitage Parade shopping arcade, as well as the block behind the Grandstand are hideous, and need to along with the Grandstand itself. Finally, the worst offenders to hit Ascot in recent years... The New Builds. Particularly those of Mr Michael Shanley. Vast swathes of pokey, overpriced, "affordable" housing, replacing lovely old detatched houses, bringing swarms of nasty people in from Bracknell. On the opposite side of the scale, huge, tacky houses for the "Nouveau Riche" in particular the Grand regency Heights development, and Kingswood Chase, bringing in the likes of Footballers Wives and Lottery Winners, which i'm sad to say Ascot is now becomming synonymous with.
- the late shop, moldy mars bars and flat warm juice (from the fridge???!!!) at a pound a go JUST SAY NO!!!
- Ok it's more than one building but the industrial estate at the top of Lyndhurst Road. Especially because of the smell of rotting meat which often blows across the train station from there!
- Please demolish the booouldish farm estate in south ascot. its the only council estate in this posh n rich town.
- THE SWINLEY ARMS CAUSE ITS BLOODY AWFULL
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Roger Noake, x, Bella, simon, Pete Feenstra, j, Martin Ives, H, generic, donna, down-under, jodyrule, Lisa Stevens, JAZZ THRUSTER PUB ROCKER
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Ascot
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Ascot Knowhere Board