The Best Things in Ashford, Kent*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Ashford.
The Best Things
- The designer outlet is amazing. I've been there 3 times and the toilets are actually hygienic unlike the ones in the town
- The train station's quite easy to get to if you want to escape to somewhere nicer. Like Beirut.
- JIM CALNAN (GANGSTA)
- THE PRINCE ALBERT-ASHFORD- I HEAR IS TO BE TAKEN OVER BY NEW OWNER ...I HEAR ITS GONNA KICK WITH GOOD FOOD DRINK AND ATMOSPHERE, GOT TO BE SEEN
- Liquid lol i work there on the vip bar. love it
- boy racers
- My family, the cinema, sports opportunities, employment opportunities.
- The road out.
- The best thing about Ashford is um ... that's a hard one.
I'll get back to you on that ...
- The view from the train as I head home in the knowledge that I no longer live there and have only been visiting people who do.
- I think ASHFORD could be entering a new age. I know we all hate the refugee/Chav problem but that is everywhere in the UK (barr the very rich areas) and we shouldnt moan but just let them get on with their lives. They like wearing the god awful clothing and talking in a tounge I have never head so let them do it. I think Bar 27, Bar Three Zero and The Sauce Bar are pretty cool venues. If you think your cool then hang out with your cool mates. Im a snobby bastard when it comes to thing yet Ive never had a run in with a chav simply because I dont get myself into that situation. How many of you that actually bitch here have written formal complaints to our MP asking for the youth of Ashford to have a voice in what happens here. I can take a bet at NONE. Seriously if you dont like it that much, fuck off to another town. I can guarantee you dont earn enough to live in Tunbridge Wells and youll find Medway even worse than here. Accept the fact that Ashford will never have the nightlife of London or the money of Surrey. Ashford is Ashford and will forever be.....ACCEPT IT AND ENJOY YOUR LIFE
- Kate wilkinson....
- In ashford? you gotta be joking! their either roma gypsies, wannabe roma gypsies, general rude boy twats with soveriegn rings and corsa's or pregnant 12 year olds with beer breath and hairy top lips. i guess i covered it with gypo's really didnt i?
- the unda 18s venues - wen its not over run wiv chavs.
- the tarts who r alwasy up 4 it!!!
- Eureka business park - cool cinema, take aways and sweet health club.
- the moterway to get out of here.
- Ring road racers - smashups r fun
- I actually love the ring road. It is quite different from any other provincila ring-road I have encountered. A few boy-racers give it a bad name - Ashford town centre would be just like Canterbury's clogged streets without it.
- occasional jazz at oranges. 'the warren' - local wooded area. view from 'the downs' at wye. very easy to leave via rail
- Ashford Ring Road - don't get rid of it - it is something totally distinctive to Ashford. What other town has a four-lane free-for-all right around its centre, no they have jams instead!
- The beautiful countryside and the original locals that are so polite and good natured.
- The surrounding villages.
- So near to everywhere of interest.
- there appears to be less chavs a the moment but loads of sad little wannabes
- ABSOLOUTLEY NOTHING.
- There arent any
- The Halfway House at Challock for its food & Beers - & bar staff!!
- oh just my mates, plenty of ganja and Wayne Poynter
- If you don't like it, at least it's handy for other towns
- my mates, the illegal parties only the cool people know about (no gold please) some wicked, underrated djs, for example TENGO!!! Phils pony tail and some of the funniest people you'll ever meet.
- Best Things - I thought we was talking about Ashford???????????????
- the pikey birds that think they cool, but they just slappers..
- the chavs racing round the ring road of an evening and then parking up in vicarage lane carpark seeing if they can park 1 inch next to each other. i mean they can't simply go and socialise in a pub, no thats far too normal.
- Cales and ne1 who slags it off will get beatings
- the cool cars the boy racers take into the town centre on friday and saturday nights
- 3 MCDONALDS,GOOD ACCESS TO PLACES,RICHARD RECORDS,THE OUTLET,AND THE MUSIC ROOM
- M20 out of ashford , CAles ,jumps
- all of the pubs rahnd here sell lager
- Sitting in the County for hours on end, drinking and playing quiz machines.
- Loads & loads of dealers!
- Are you ready? Ring Road, Ring Road Racers, Bowling alley, Charter House, Chavs, Gold Clowns (if you live in Ashford ou now what I mean), Gold Earing (big hoops with a little cluster of glittery shit hanging off them), Low wages, no nightlife, narrow minded people (some of them have never been to Maidstone!), filth, Ashford Borough Council, Ugly children, Not being able to go out without knuckle dusters and finaly here's one to try: Go to the Jet service station on Hythe and try to talk to the staff.
- The countryside in and around Molash its fantastic and the people there are nice too.
Its in between Chilham Castle and Eastwell Manor alongside Kings Wood blink and you have gone thru it and missed it...
- Lovely old town centre.
10" walk to the Warren
1 hour to the centre of Lille.
- street racing at 2am
- Roller disco - The Stour Centre, good reception for Laser558. The Williams Defender machine in Meal-Time.
- Its near the M20 so you can escape!
- Good Question.
- We may get our own radio station soon - Ashford FM - broadcasting from a bunker near the civic centre.
- The Memorial Park
The bowling alley
The grammar schools
- Its not near Wolverhampton
- Being able to get to anywhere really easily. France, London etc.
- Mem gardens. Ace for conkers, and summer days of lazing
- me, ben ashmond, toby, arron, john, ross, stuart, porter,
- easy transprt everywhere, even france on channel tunnel
- The Tengo Crew and the Vashish Crew...parties par excellence
- The surrounding villages. Great places (though now full of retired bankers etc).
Leaving. The motorway makes this really easy.
- Easy routes out.
- Fountaian Kebab
- Nope, can't think of any, except that it's easy to catch a train to somewhere else in Kent, London, Sussex or Europe from here...All aboard for Amsterdam, then. I think the best things in Ashford are my Dad and my friends!
- Go to Wye Downs for a panoramic view of town. Also a good pub 'The Tickled Trout' in Wye and restaurant 'The Devil's Kneading Trough'.
- The Vic. Easy to get out of. Tory's lost control. Cathy Rosson no longer Mayor.
- A couple of good pubs
- It's easy to leave by motorway or car
- I have lived in Ashford for 21 years and that must be one good thing about it. Best pub is "The Flying Horse".
- Best thing to do is head for Sissinghurst and chill out - if you can stand the crowds of the massed middle class.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: ray beaney, Howard Worton, Vic, jack rose, sean, TJ, Ian Yorston, Bob Setchup, jon, Jake, donny, Mr Russell, James Barry, Penny Hawk, Neil Andrews, Emma Briggs, Neenjah (Tengo), ASHLEY FORD, Gar, Gustav Flaubert, Jenny, E.Lewis, Allen Brooker, lauren, richard, joe anslow, Relf, adam, will, area51, IAN SHRUBB, Dave Winchester, paul fereday, Adam "ya mum has a cock" Wilkinson, phoebe butler, Buster, Kyle Huntington, Cheryl, Courtney, Nick Baker, Ted, rachel, Chris Giles, Ben Ardin, Darren, Funki, Steve Kember, mforcevirus, links, jon wicken, jess, jack, Gary Herbert, fongsan, mart, tony simons, omio, Terra Master, Cynical_Smile, joe, Alex, Jamie, Jimbo, Robert M, Jon Varley, Tom Brisco, electroboy, Keith Waterer, Sarah Lloyd, JOE GALDIES, arran+ryan, p.s. the movie trailer, tom, Francesca Broadbent, BOB, duncan, rich, Spencer, Choco, Kate, web page accelerator, ben, tracy, anastasia, Phil Kersey, JIM DAVIES, Tez, Mr Kobayshi, Baz bay, Chris King, nathan wood, potty training videos online, James Kennell, EVANS, Louisa, T Mansfield, Nick oliver, Catherine, Malcolm Triggs, Haz, james, Kelly, Claire Mason, Matt, Dan, kevin, johnthesk8er, Raymond F. Breakspear, al, carole relf, Helmet Bomb, top, TASZ, Glen Bushell, colin topley, Clare, panyarroz, Oddballgem, arc length examples, Richard Bowers, martin hannush, mitch, hog, Laura, Barny, Nick, Jade, Chloe, paul woodland, westendorp, Phil, Paul, Choices, dunny, stella gurr, molloys off licence, joe anzulu, R Oliver, nadia, Bebs, jackson county newspaper georgia, GUY, stanley garage door opener parts, ali, joseph, mr blue, Raymond, JamesStarkey, caroline bee, jim calnan, stick and his chick, Ryan, Graeme Dutch, generic, classic car prices, ed, jonathan wood, uneducated shampoo, Philip Richardson, a colton, Nick Bolton, jon stubbs, rob, Terry Russell, Ashfordeye, allison cousins, Lawrence Piddock, id lisinopril, Lewis and steve, Tom Crosby, stuart, H.Roller, Michelle, Paulie G, Dan Stanford, Suicide, Daniel Walters, Jessica, Jonathan Barton, Steve
Last updated: 2016-10-30
More stuff about Ashford
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Ashford Knowhere Board