Buskers, Street Entertainers in Ashford, Kent*
Places to find public entertainment
You can tell us more about Ashford.
Buskers, Street Entertainers
- Anyone who drinks in the Albion - most of em live down Gladstone Road near the GAP TOOFED PIKEY.
- BIG ISSUE
- our worship leader is a character, he is called herbie and is a mowrie from new zealand, and yes i know i spelt that wrong, but i cannot get my brain in gear tonight.
- some of the most unusual characters i have seen work in the local government offices, eg council, dhs, ss. they live on another planet to everyone else. they work to a different time frame, and have a different view of a budget. having dealt with all 3 departments, i have struggled to get them to understand common english, or get to grips with what is going on in th real world.
- JIM CALNAN (GANGSTA)
- will someone get rid of that mexican with the pan pipes
- jade clements crew leader she is bear fit
- We could really do with some buskers & suchlike but they'd probably get robbed as soon as people started chucking money in the hat. Or beaten up by Pikeys or Pikey imitators, "I'm a Hilden" or "I know the Hildens"
- I may have a go at this busking lark myself ...
- The punk who was outside the marks and spencers in town for a while then dissapeared. He was always wearing the same Rancid t-shirt with his leather jacket, which loads of old school punk band patches. And his dog as well?
- That goy with the curly hair and rubbish 80s leather trousers that sings the same miserable indie tosh everyday (please, go and get a REAL job, you're certainly old enough now surely?)
- Pervy Pete and Nervous Nick on the 513 to ruckinge
- wel i went up town saturday (15th nov) n bloody hell it woz lyk walkin into an over the top circus or fun fair, or woteva the hell it woz. from morris dancers, to NKS jazz band - oh the koolness. to a helter skelter n crappy little stalls. and sum1 selling normal naff balloons blown up for 50p. u can buy a pack for a pound! c'mon ashford get sum decent entertainment
- theres arron the trap who gets fings kicked @ him! poor soul!! hes fairly entertaining!!!
- Has anyone seen "Toad of Toad Hall" lately? He is also known as the fat controller and sits in county square outside Marks & Spencer watching all without blinkin.
- me nd a cuple of mates got completely shitfaced with a local tramp at the station once...the one that wears the big black beenie, but then we got chucked out and nearly arrested coz i went crazy and strted throwing beer bottles at the station monitors...........ahhhhhh good times
- ronnie the singin tramp....weekdays...5:00 till 9:00 pm
- two guys here, have formed about 3 hundred bands yet havent gotten a drummer..... Stu and nick please finaly get a proper band!(they are actualy quite good when they arent lazy asses.)
- gotta be Eric the drunk with his wooly hat...wot a guy...
also the new guy who sits with his dog and a bottle of white lightning and shouts at the dog a lot...
- stanhope buskers
- ROB LIEGH ALTOUGH HE WONT PLAY ANY BLACK SABBATH BOO
- the guy who hangs outside the post office singing the verve
- The guy with a scorpion tattoed on his face
The guy who dresses like a cowboy
- buskers r funny, especially wen theyre drunk
- Plenty of people to entertain you and I don't mean the buskers. It bothers me that a pond has been deprived of it's life somewhere.
- Too many of them. What, are we London overspill all of a sudden!!
- Only those bloody foreign beggars
- Blossom of course... comes up with some nice stories if uve got the time
- the cool old guy who sits outside burtons with his electronis keyboard thing,he has a white beard which tempts a tickle and he played 'kum ba ya' 4 me and my friends
- The Thompson twins hide behind one of those shelters in Vicky Park, and if you coo at them in the style of Ultravox, they may do an impromptu line dance
- they dont bother cuming to ashford cause its full of porpers....... not that im one...
- Outside the County ne nite after 9pm on the bench u will always find a drunk tramp out cold.
- it is quite entertaining kicking the homeless
- GO TO CANTERBURY FOR BUSKERS AND ENTERTAINMENT,ASHFORD HAS NONE
- OLD FRED WHO PERVS AND DRIBBLES IN THE COUNTY
- The old man who plays a weird bontempi organ thing outside WHSMiths, you can hear his groaning "Ooooh Oooooh OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH" from the bottom of East Hill
- Do Tramps count?
- SUM GOOD SHIT SUMTIMES
- The usual place for buskers in ashford is outside Marks & Spencers (obviously!)
- Listen For Rob Leigh. He's got black curly hair, he's about 35, and he plays his own stuff, James Taylor,Bob Dylan,Verve, or just about anything you might ask.
- the cruisers are the street entertainment here
- A good place for street entertainment is always outside Cales!
- The council have attempted to pay people to busk, but nobody actually wants to spend any longer in Ashford than is absolutely nessecary.
- Although not they`re not really street entertainers. Watching very drunk youngards finding it harder to walk up East Hill than down after a night on the P%&$ is highly amusing!
- Ashford is world-renowned for the birthplace of (a) South American Pan-pipe quintets (ponchos compulsory) and God-squad rockers
- some old geeza me and arron stop to chat with sometimes
- Ermm, poor standard, but the guys who sell the big issue have wicked senses of humour.. You could chat all day!
- Sometimes you can find good buskers outside the Post Office.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: ray beaney, Howard Worton, Vic, jack rose, sean, TJ, Ian Yorston, Bob Setchup, jon, Jake, donny, Mr Russell, James Barry, Penny Hawk, Neil Andrews, Emma Briggs, Neenjah (Tengo), ASHLEY FORD, Gar, Gustav Flaubert, Jenny, E.Lewis, Allen Brooker, lauren, richard, joe anslow, Relf, adam, will, area51, IAN SHRUBB, Dave Winchester, paul fereday, Adam "ya mum has a cock" Wilkinson, phoebe butler, Buster, Kyle Huntington, Cheryl, Courtney, Nick Baker, Ted, rachel, Chris Giles, Ben Ardin, Darren, Funki, Steve Kember, mforcevirus, links, jon wicken, jess, jack, Gary Herbert, fongsan, mart, tony simons, omio, Terra Master, Cynical_Smile, joe, Alex, Jamie, Jimbo, Robert M, Jon Varley, Tom Brisco, electroboy, Keith Waterer, Sarah Lloyd, JOE GALDIES, arran+ryan, p.s. the movie trailer, tom, Francesca Broadbent, BOB, duncan, rich, Spencer, Choco, Kate, web page accelerator, ben, tracy, anastasia, Phil Kersey, JIM DAVIES, Tez, Mr Kobayshi, Baz bay, Chris King, nathan wood, potty training videos online, James Kennell, EVANS, Louisa, T Mansfield, Nick oliver, Catherine, Malcolm Triggs, Haz, james, Kelly, Claire Mason, Matt, Dan, kevin, johnthesk8er, Raymond F. Breakspear, al, carole relf, Helmet Bomb, top, TASZ, Glen Bushell, colin topley, Clare, panyarroz, Oddballgem, arc length examples, Richard Bowers, martin hannush, mitch, hog, Laura, Barny, Nick, Jade, Chloe, paul woodland, westendorp, Phil, Paul, Choices, dunny, stella gurr, molloys off licence, joe anzulu, R Oliver, nadia, Bebs, jackson county newspaper georgia, GUY, stanley garage door opener parts, ali, joseph, mr blue, Raymond, JamesStarkey, caroline bee, jim calnan, stick and his chick, Ryan, Graeme Dutch, generic, classic car prices, ed, jonathan wood, uneducated shampoo, Philip Richardson, a colton, Nick Bolton, jon stubbs, rob, Terry Russell, Ashfordeye, allison cousins, Lawrence Piddock, id lisinopril, Lewis and steve, Tom Crosby, stuart, H.Roller, Michelle, Paulie G, Dan Stanford, Suicide, Daniel Walters, Jessica, Jonathan Barton, Steve
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Ashford
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Ashford Knowhere Board