Pubs in Ashford, Kent*
The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Ashford.
- Half these pubs are gone. Well done Cameron. Booming economy hey?
- ALBERT AND VOLLIE
- Oranges is good, Swan's not bad (used to be better). County's a weatherspoons so self explanatory....Your best bet is definately out of the town centre- village pubs.....
- the county is good, and is a wetherspoons.
- JIM CALNAN (GANGSTA)
- You must visit Worlds Wonder if you are in the Ashford area. Its a real traditional looking English pub that has just changed management. It has a great atmosphere. We felt very welcome by the new landlord and his family - food good too.
- The Swan in town is one of the best pubs to go to. The staff are great and the landlady is just a diamond. And yes Dean, your great too!!!!
- THE PRINCE ALBERT-ASHFORD- I HEAR IS TO BE TAKEN OVER BY NEW OWNER ...I HEAR ITS GONNA KICK WITH GOOD FOOD DRINK AND ATMOSPHERE, GOT TO BE SEEN....LETS SEE WHAT THEY HAVE TO OFFER FROM WHAT I HEAR THE NEW OWNERS NO WHAT THEY ARE DOING !!! AND KNOW HOW TO PARTY
- The Pikey pub in Hothfield is no more. What used to be the crappy Olde Kings Head/Thanet Arms has been cleaned up, made "no-smoking" and now serves decent food and beer. No fruit machines, jukeboxes or pool table.
- The Halfway House in Challock is now under new management, and i think that the review on your website, (Halfway House at Challock the best Restaurant & Bar around. Real food no frozen rubbish. Real Ales - what a pint of Green King IPA!!!) no longer applies. I used to work there, and have noticed a massive drop in the quality of food that is being sold, and some of the drinks that they have introduced are not that good either. Also it would seem that a lot of the food is now frozen. So the Halway House, no longer a nice place to go!
There is a far better pub, which is The Wagon and Horses, in Charing which is just a couple of miles up the road, which has a very wide range of good drinks available, and the homemade food is the best in the area by far!
- Prince Albert, Oranges, Source Bar, The Swan, Man of Kent. Nuff Said!!!
- El- County
- Bar 3 zero has some brilliant DJs (especially on a Thursday), decor is funky in there too
- dont go 2 pubs u old sad freak! go 2 a grave!
- Has to go to Weatherspoons (County) as cheap - but no tunes playin - was that all 'bout???
- The county.... is there any where else worth wile?
- The Prince Albert on New Street near Lidl supermarket - no divs or kids and open until 2 o clock in the morning every weekend
- Duke's Head, Hamstreet offers pool, juke box, big screen football, machines and accomodation. Woolpack, Blue Anchor, Worlds Wonder and White Horse are all within two miles and all different experiences. Come down and do a crawl, but no drinking and driving please!
- Duke's Head, Hamstreet - lively bar with big screen football, juke box, pool and darts. More secluded restaurant area serving quality food. Accomodation too. Open all day. The Woolpack a mile up the road in contrasr has a dark wooden interior lined with hops. The steaks here are terrific. The other side of Hamstreet, we have the Blue Anchor (light wooden interior, food and pool) and the White Horse (stone floor, huke box, food, pool), the Stonebridge in Woodchurch is also pretty far out at weekends with disco/karaoke - a marked contrast to the place on a weekday. But the prize goes to the Red Lion in Snargate - no other pub like it, it could be the 1920's, real ale, candle-light, terrific!
- COUNTY IS CHEAP AND GOOD ATMOSPHERE
- THE GEORGE GREAT LANDLORD AND BAR STAFF THE PEOPLE WHO USE IT ARE ALRIGHT TO NO WANKERS
- county rox and loco, wherevers got a pool table
- QUEENS HEAD CHARING IS BLINDING!
ASHFORD PUBS SUCK,THE WORST IS THE NELSON
- The Star
- O'Briens, Flatfoot Sam's and the Vic have closed down. Where O'Brien's was is now a biggish pub called Prince Albert's or something. Not much in Ashford, better off going to the New Flying Horse (Wye) for food or staying with the county. Good Beefeater near charing (the Woolpack).
- The Swan
- Pubs in Ashford should be called Creche's.
- Bar 27 is the best place to go. Other than that there is the County that has lost a certain something since it changed in to a Witherspoons pub. No music!!! Does anyone remember how it used to be when the bands played out the back till late?? That was superb!!
- The Star, always a laugh and quite often sum good bands too.
- The Crusader!! (haha piss take!!) Man of Kent i spose
- Chimneys the best pub around, its in Goddington opposite Cobbs wood ind. est. no trouble there, plus theve got a quizz night on monday nights, good old drink i have there, not bad going pub, eat in there aswell, hungry, go 4 it my son!!!
- DON'T GO TO THE COUNTY HOTEL!! I once went there at 9pm one saturday and it was dead. In fact ot was bad, I would rather go to Flatfoot Sam's
- Whose idea was it to put a Wetherspoon's pub in Ashford. Sadly, I once spent an eveng in the County Hotel and I would've been better off in a funeral
- The best pub in the Ashford area is The George Inn at Molash on the A252 it has new owners and has been refurbed has a decent garden area and it is attracting all the yuppies and car fanactics.If you have a sporty or prestige or 4x4 or a classic that looks the biz call in..They sometimes have clay pidgeon shooting there and I have also seen a few Rollers in there its the dogs bo,,,,,,If that don`t suit you try Eastwell Manor on the A251..
- Fresh faced well thats the understatement of the year for Flat Foots on a Monday night!
- Hare and Hounds, Maidstone Road
- Bring back the castle, and the OLD County: for bands, crap beer and scuzz
- dont no really, the county is big and good
- all the pubs are shit unless you like being beaten to a pulp by twats.
- well, back in my day t'swan was the place to be seen on a fri and sat night before heading down to flats and stales. It was guaranteed social event with much downing of infamous house doubles.
O'Briens was also ideally situated for that lunchtime drink while at 6th form, as the swan was a bit far to leg it for 1 hr.
nowadays the county is full of muppets and chavs, not like it used to be, dodgy metal bands palying in the back room etcc. Why oh why did Weatherspoons ruin that unique atmos?!
- THE SWAN IS THE BEST BECAUSE A MORE ALTERNATIVE CROWD GO THERE,THE COUNTY IS ALSO OK BECAUSE IT IS £1 FOR A BOTTLE OF BECKS ALL DAY EVERYDAY
- If u go to the County.. remember your ID.
- go to tenterden instead.
- The County is the best pub in all England- It's true, It's true: No underage people, no old farts just good beer and fair quiz-machines.
- Get pissed at home, it costs less you don't have to stand in an over crowded stinking room and you ain't going to get your head kicked in
- Oranges on Apsley Street. Never any bother there. Open all day. Very mixed bunch of locals. Women often go in alone just for a chat.
- The Swan
- Everyone lament the passing of the Vic - the only truly interesting pub in Ashford. We're now left with the County (bland), the Blacksmiths in Willesborough (why so busy nowadays?), and that thing behind the church (forget its name), which is always filled with, erm, less old people. Oh, and some genuine old people.
- Only one worth more than a fleeting glance is 2 miles away.
- THE ALBION, Newtown is a great pub - large but cosy with friendly atmosphere, big garden, two pool tables, but most importantly a-pound-a-pint on Monday evenings (that's my favourite bit!), live music and discos. Watch out for the "think they're 18 years old brigade" though!!!
- Aren`t 18 year olds looking younger these days! It really surprises me to see how many adults cycle to "The Vic" aswell. Bizarre!!
- Man of Kent in Middle Row is always lively. O'Brien's (or is it O'Neil's, O'Paddy's, Mick....something like that) opposite David Eastons marvellous 2nd hand TV shop (how does HE stay in business?)
- im under age!
- SOUTH EASTERN RUN GRAHAM BARHAM (ie) BROMLEY GREEN FOOTBALL CLUB.
- Go out to the villages to avoid trouble, or the county is nice, but has an over 18 policy just to go in and eat.
- THE VIC, BY THE STATION
- Flatfoot Sams for an excellent beer garden, late night pub life and good atmosphere, excellent monday nights and live bands on sundays.
- Hooden on the Hill is too crowded nowadays to be very good (it's more a restaurant anyway). Used to be wonderful.
The best pubs are out in the villages - try the Red Lion at Charing. The Rose & Crown in Pluckley is renowned for its food.
- The Victoria Hotel, opposite the station. Possibly the last decent 'proper' pub in Ashford. (And even this they want to pull down)
- The Black Horse at Pluckley (Britain's most haunted village) is worth a visit, but suffers from a surfeit of Hoorays at the Weekend. Pluckley & area was where Darling Buds of May was filmed/based.
- The Honest Miller Is The Best Pub In The World
- The FOX Hythe road ........if you're an oldie!
- Man of Kent in town always lively. Nelson in Stanhope OK but can be rough round there - be warned! Pubs seem to be dissapearing from Ashford. The Castle is the worst loss - nowhere to go after work on a Friday now!!
- There are a couple of good pubs near-by, eg The Hooden Horse on the Hill, near the ambulance station.
- You haven't mentioned The Swan or O' Briens. Also the County Hotel has re-opened, now owned by Weatherspoons
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: ray beaney, Howard Worton, Vic, jack rose, sean, TJ, Ian Yorston, Bob Setchup, jon, Jake, donny, Mr Russell, James Barry, Penny Hawk, Neil Andrews, Emma Briggs, Neenjah (Tengo), ASHLEY FORD, Gar, Gustav Flaubert, Jenny, E.Lewis, Allen Brooker, lauren, richard, joe anslow, Relf, adam, will, area51, IAN SHRUBB, Dave Winchester, paul fereday, Adam "ya mum has a cock" Wilkinson, phoebe butler, Buster, Kyle Huntington, Cheryl, Courtney, Nick Baker, Ted, rachel, Chris Giles, Ben Ardin, Darren, Funki, Steve Kember, mforcevirus, links, jon wicken, jess, jack, Gary Herbert, fongsan, mart, tony simons, omio, Terra Master, Cynical_Smile, joe, Alex, Jamie, Jimbo, Robert M, Jon Varley, Tom Brisco, electroboy, Keith Waterer, Sarah Lloyd, JOE GALDIES, arran+ryan, p.s. the movie trailer, tom, Francesca Broadbent, BOB, duncan, rich, Spencer, Choco, Kate, web page accelerator, ben, tracy, anastasia, Phil Kersey, JIM DAVIES, Tez, Mr Kobayshi, Baz bay, Chris King, nathan wood, potty training videos online, James Kennell, EVANS, Louisa, T Mansfield, Nick oliver, Catherine, Malcolm Triggs, Haz, james, Kelly, Claire Mason, Matt, Dan, kevin, johnthesk8er, Raymond F. Breakspear, al, carole relf, Helmet Bomb, top, TASZ, Glen Bushell, colin topley, Clare, panyarroz, Oddballgem, arc length examples, Richard Bowers, martin hannush, mitch, hog, Laura, Barny, Nick, Jade, Chloe, paul woodland, westendorp, Phil, Paul, Choices, dunny, stella gurr, molloys off licence, joe anzulu, R Oliver, nadia, Bebs, jackson county newspaper georgia, GUY, stanley garage door opener parts, ali, joseph, mr blue, Raymond, JamesStarkey, caroline bee, jim calnan, stick and his chick, Ryan, Graeme Dutch, generic, classic car prices, ed, jonathan wood, uneducated shampoo, Philip Richardson, a colton, Nick Bolton, jon stubbs, rob, Terry Russell, Ashfordeye, allison cousins, Lawrence Piddock, id lisinopril, Lewis and steve, Tom Crosby, stuart, H.Roller, Michelle, Paulie G, Dan Stanford, Suicide, Daniel Walters, Jessica, Jonathan Barton, Steve
Last updated: 2016-02-11
More stuff about Ashford
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Ashford Knowhere Board