Record Shops in Ashford, Kent*
The places where you buy your music
You can tell us more about Ashford.
- theres plenty of places to get music in ashford, sometimes you can pick up a real bargain, i miss the record fairs they had at the market.
- ummm... HMV?
- MUSIC ROOM SELLS SOME GOOD HIP HOP RNB DRUM N BASS
- The Music Room. Just opened another branch in Folkestone so they must be doing something right.
- Music Room!!!! An old friend named Neil works in there, No matter what your into - Aphex Twin, Dizzee Rascal, Libertines, Funeral for a Friend, Kelis - whatever!!! He can sort you out! (discount for that mate??)
- The Music Room Ashford - They can get hold of anything music related!
- Richards = moody
Everywhere else = no vinyl
Whattayagonnado? (worth taking the scorn and abuse really, reasonable selection of records in there)
- richards records, cash express(cd's for 3 quid!!!!!!)
- The Music room in the town centre is the best!
- the best record shop in ashford is burtons! the recorind CCTV is very good! ive always nearly been caught in there! but i still go there cos its got dicent fings 2 sell!!
- sanity in ashford town centre
- Richard's is without doubt the best in Ashford - At least they're rude to your face ! The Guys in the Music Room seem nice but treat it as a nice little earner rather than being real music fans and neither of them have any real idea about modern music styles. If you want cds slightly cheaper than Richard's go to The Music Room. If you want lots of back cat cds go to The Music Room. if you want something interesting, original and possibly even a copy on vinyl - GO TO RICHARD'S RECORDS !!!!
- sanity records
- richards r ok even though they have records dating back to around '95 in their 'new release' section(this piece written in jan 2003)! seriously though folks....they r miserable buggers in there - the football transmissions on radio 5 being far more important than customer relations. who can blame them in ashford?
- RICHARDS TOP BANANA
- Richards Records.. the music room. kick ass.
- THE NUSIC ROOM IS KOOL COZ IT SELLS SLIPKNOT YEAH MANNNNN!
- the music room rocks. the best music shop in town in the county square by the sugar shack nd near wimpys. excellent if ur a grebo but cra if ur a chav or rudeboy, (like most of the cunts in ashford), but does have sum of the most popular crappy rap music nd stuff. neway, tis worth a visit.
- Don't bother with the ones in town. Go to Asda as most of the time you can get everything so much cheaper or at least be able to match the price with that of town and do your shopping at the same time. Sam Goodys used to be really good when we had it but now it's sadly gone.
- Richard Records & Music stock all AREA 51 CD's so go buy one you will be suprised have kick ass there are....... PUNK/ROCK
- Music Room...very helpful
- Richards Records pretty cool with pretty much every type of music possible in there
- Virgin megastore
- Richards records do good records, cds, tapes, they do the lot....i go there to get a few hip hop from there, there not too bad!!!
- The Music Room is the best music shop is Ashford you can find anything Richards has for a cheaper price! It sells hoodies and t shirts as well.
- Richards Records
- Richards Records
- Richards rules
Our Price sucks
- Richards is good, but expensive. They'll order in almost any import you want, but they've never heard of Bif Naked. They like Lamb!
- The music room-it sells BLINK182,it's gotta be good.
- V SHOP IS THE BEST! Every1 keeps saying that it doesn't have a wide selection of music which i admit it doesn't but there is good reason 4 this. Incase u haven't noticed, the shop is kinda small so they can't hold a wide variety of stuff so they have the internet kiosks in the store so u can order ur fav stuff! It doesn't cost any extra and arrives within 2 or 3 days so USE THEM! Also v shop rules ova richards records cos the people in there r soooooooooooo much nicer and I would know having just dun work experience there. So, STOP MOANING!! Lastly, if u can't b bothered 2 go and collect ur ordered CD u can get it delivered 2 ur house. Wot more could u possibly want??!!
- V-SHOP RULES! CAN EVERY1 PLEASE STOP SLAGGING IT OFF. I'm doing my work experience there and the people there are the nicest people around I know! And they have won an award 4 excellence wiv work experience so u can't slag them off. Oh and lastly, they don't stock a wide variety of music cos the shop ain't big enough but u CAN order in ur CD through the internet kiosks in the shop at no extra charge! And it'll arrive in about 2 days. Richards records is naff. The bloke is rude, especially 2 women!!
- Richards is ok...........Go to Maidstone.
- tis as got to be richards records in the town, cause it sells records and they rulez......
- richards records,also known as dicks disks,is blatently the best shop in town to by music, they even sell fine acid techno!!!
- Richards records
- richards records is cool - they got tons of metal and punk and stuff and its not as pricy as places like hmv either!!
- Well Richards will blatantly be the king record shop of ashford,nuts to virgin,but recently there has been a new one just open up called the music room (original huh!) and that is quite alternative too.
- oxfam wikid eye of the tiger on 7 inch
- The Music Box.. new(ish) shop.. great for people looking for anything.. esp. back logs.. don't go to Virgin if u want something right then.. go there and you're likely to have to order something if u want decent stuff. Richards Records is a good place too.. go there for festival tickets as well as music.
- Richards records has a good stock of loads of different stuff. The music room.
- Theres a new one in County square which not only sells cds at very reasonable prices but also employs two very attractive shop assistants.
- Richards Records (or Dicky's Discs??) - good selection of everything, only music shop worth bothering with - run by a grumpy looking sod with a beard
- Dicky's Disks is the only music shop worth bothering with.
- fuk the v shop. it may have a listenin booth but richards records has sum good shit
- The only good(ish) record shop in Ashford is the V.Shop (formually Ourprice)
- richard records are pretty good
- Richards Records, fuck Virgin
- Richards records is cool because it sells alot of alternative music, Metal, Hip hop Grunge etc
- Richard Records at the top of Bank Street is good for all your rare and backdated music. A very good selection of all types of new and old music.
- richards records is cool with every type of music from hip hop to nu meatl to black sabbath
- about the only good one is ourprice, its a bit small. but it stocks quite a few rock and metal albums.
- record corner in the town 1972
- there was a very good record shop in town back in 1971? it was called record corner a lot of pepole would hang out inside
- Ditto to Richards being far superios to the alternative Our Price who are rude and overcrowded with pop.
- Richards Records is the toppest music outlet in Ashford. They have lots of independent label tunes, plus they will order or lay-away things for you if you talk to them nicely!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: ray beaney, Howard Worton, Vic, jack rose, sean, TJ, Ian Yorston, Bob Setchup, jon, Jake, donny, Mr Russell, James Barry, Penny Hawk, Neil Andrews, Emma Briggs, Neenjah (Tengo), ASHLEY FORD, Gar, Gustav Flaubert, Jenny, E.Lewis, Allen Brooker, lauren, richard, joe anslow, Relf, adam, will, area51, IAN SHRUBB, Dave Winchester, paul fereday, Adam "ya mum has a cock" Wilkinson, phoebe butler, Buster, Kyle Huntington, Cheryl, Courtney, Nick Baker, Ted, rachel, Chris Giles, Ben Ardin, Darren, Funki, Steve Kember, mforcevirus, links, jon wicken, jess, jack, Gary Herbert, fongsan, mart, tony simons, omio, Terra Master, Cynical_Smile, joe, Alex, Jamie, Jimbo, Robert M, Jon Varley, Tom Brisco, electroboy, Keith Waterer, Sarah Lloyd, JOE GALDIES, arran+ryan, p.s. the movie trailer, tom, Francesca Broadbent, BOB, duncan, rich, Spencer, Choco, Kate, web page accelerator, ben, tracy, anastasia, Phil Kersey, JIM DAVIES, Tez, Mr Kobayshi, Baz bay, Chris King, nathan wood, potty training videos online, James Kennell, EVANS, Louisa, T Mansfield, Nick oliver, Catherine, Malcolm Triggs, Haz, james, Kelly, Claire Mason, Matt, Dan, kevin, johnthesk8er, Raymond F. Breakspear, al, carole relf, Helmet Bomb, top, TASZ, Glen Bushell, colin topley, Clare, panyarroz, Oddballgem, arc length examples, Richard Bowers, martin hannush, mitch, hog, Laura, Barny, Nick, Jade, Chloe, paul woodland, westendorp, Phil, Paul, Choices, dunny, stella gurr, molloys off licence, joe anzulu, R Oliver, nadia, Bebs, jackson county newspaper georgia, GUY, stanley garage door opener parts, ali, joseph, mr blue, Raymond, JamesStarkey, caroline bee, jim calnan, stick and his chick, Ryan, Graeme Dutch, generic, classic car prices, ed, jonathan wood, uneducated shampoo, Philip Richardson, a colton, Nick Bolton, jon stubbs, rob, Terry Russell, Ashfordeye, allison cousins, Lawrence Piddock, id lisinopril, Lewis and steve, Tom Crosby, stuart, H.Roller, Michelle, Paulie G, Dan Stanford, Suicide, Daniel Walters, Jessica, Jonathan Barton, Steve
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Ashford
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Ashford Knowhere Board