Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire*
Where to go to get down
You can tell us more about Aylesbury.
Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Aylesbury's nightlife really is tragic!! There's no other way to describe it!! Let's see, where do you go in Aylesbury? How about Shitcago's? Oh it's shit, the music's diabolical and no one will talk to you, ok, how about the Lounge? oh, hang on, it's just one tiny room, the music's shit and no one will talk to you. Never mind there's still the Litten Tree, oh, hang on, the music's shit, theres no one in here over the age of 16, and no one will talk to you (Do you see a theme developing here?) Not to worry there's still St James's, lets go there, oh hang on, there's only room for about 10 people in here, and it would seem the music is shit pop rubbish again, and no one is friendly! Oh well that's our night out in Aylesbury over with. What a shit hole!
- I haven't lived in Aylesbury now for 4 years.When i come back for visits i can't find anywhere to go thats alternative.Someone has told me merlins on a tuesday night.Any ideas?
- Wakey wake Aylesbury alots going on down the footie club R & B D RUM & BASS
even Abba, So take time check it out alright!!!!
- Chicago's on a Monday night is obcsenely busy and you will have to get there before 9pm to avoid the queues and before 8pm to get a table. Yates and Hogshead play the usual chart/dance crap every night. Friendly pub is The Swan opposite the library, you can go in there looking like a tramp and it doesn't matter cos you can guarantee that there will always be someone in there looking worse than you, but its almost always a friendly crowd, some good music occasionally and pool tables!
- Chicagos, Yates, The Lounge.
- Aylesbury Vale Football Social Club Is Tops
- St James has the best house and techno tunes in Aylesbury. With some of the best up and coming DJ’s in Buckinghamshire. Check out the lighting effects on their web site www.stjamesleisure.co.uk. Although they do have pole dancing, their club nights are great.
- bottom of the market sqaure is where all this is
- A GOOD PLACE TO GO ON A SATURDAY NIGHT IS ST JAMES £5 TO GET IN AND THE DRINKS AINT THAT EXPENCIVE EITHER.... THE DJS ROCK PLAYING FUNKY HOUSE RNB HIPHOP DRUUM AND BASS BUT THE ONLY ONE BAD THING ABOUT IT IS THAT ITS FOR OVER 21S
- Limelight, lounge, hobgoblin, litten tree
- limelight and the lounge
- Well Goodnews is that the Lounge has burnt down last night. (01/02/2004)
Perhaps someone will have the balls to open a decent nightclub in it's place...
However for now London still aint't that far for a great night out.
- MNAS. AFTER 6 CLUB...the nearest thing to a yuppie scene in aylesbury-its where all the local wannabe snobs/idealists/businessmen congregate to "put the world to rights"-
- No decent ones at all
- Chicago's full of single mothers, and young lads trying to pull 'em. Music truly dire. Expensive beer apart from Happy Hour.
- hampdens is heavvy they smack it wid da music - hip hop ragga garage rnb
bare fit boys go there. and me and my mates get them all. hahahahahaha
but the bouncers there are wankas
lounge is ok in the week
- the Best place to be is hampdens if you are goodlooking and popular they have a good selection of rnb garage ragga and hip hop music mostly for the young adults which is free in the week and £2 on saturdays. in the week the best place is the lounge coz its free to get in.
- All bollocks, lounge is small with crap music, go to Bar Med if you want a mediocre time.
- The Base @ MNA'S has one of the most eclectic dj's in the area (the country), it's a good place to get some musical education whilst being entertained at the same time. If you've not been there, you have got to go take a look (don't turn up in jeans or trainers tho'), it's officially over 21's but you'll get in if you're not TOO young looking.
- There are no clubs in Aylesbury and the bars don't have late licences so its all pretty average to poor!
- go easy on Merlin's...now known as the Gates...it's a bit of a dump but the music is great and the people dont pretend to be what they are not! the venue could be bigger and better but hey..its ok and is much better than the L**nge!!
- Brooklyns,Oakfield Rd. - now closed
- no clubs worth visiting if you value your life, face or wallet. Just go to a pub and go home.
- Clearly the best place for a night out on ANY night of the week is Bar Med. Especially on Tuesdays where there is the best karaoke in the county. I'll be there singing my guts as I am every week. Oh, and the Hogshead is really nice too.
- Chicago's is the place to be on monday's now. The Dj changed it from oldies to proper house and 'good' cheese. V cheap booze and over 18's. same guy that does bar med's karaoke - Dan Blaze. It's really busy from about 9.
- Try the lounge- if the bouncers let you in. Sometimes there are good open air raves nearby. Give teendreem a miss- its as bad as it sounds
- well if ya like skanky garage music n ya under there is an under 18s club every month 'teen dream' (borin) apparently there r gigs @ the limelight bt ent been 2 1 yet they r apparently gd bt may b tahts compared 2 the rest of aylesbury!
- go to mna's,best jazz club in the south
- meeeeeeeeerlins! or is it the gate now?
- The Lounge. It's one of those places you have to be really hammered to go to, and once you're in there it's essential you DO NOT STAND STILL, otherwise you'll stick to the floor and become a permanent fixture.
- chicago rock cafe is one of the best party places in bucks playing music from 1950 / 1995 they also play great videos and have some of the finest dj acts with tribute bands friday seems to be the best night with an electic atmosphere, we love it ,and recommended for a perfect party night out
- The lounge ok bar med sort of night club best place in aylesbury
- Great Food, Fine Wines, live Jazz, Soul and Blues - That's the MNAS experience
- coconut, hot bar and thats about it
- The best place in the town for the over 25's has got to be The Base at MNA's, live bands Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, and the best bit NO KIDS!!!!!!!
- The Lounge is good if you like UK garage and are not expecting a really large night out. Try it and see what u think. Merlin's is nothing special, sometimes nice people, probably not worth the £5 admission
- Aylesbury does`nt have any real night clubs due to council restrictions on the building of large night clubs in the area, most people therefore go out of aylesbury.
- Aylesbury golf club
- coconut club is crap - please dont go. also filled with muggers
- in Aylesbury? I wish...
- Coconut club
- The Lounge, Rectory and many more
- Mandy is right - The Rectory is the coolest place to go on a Friday night! We get lucky pratically every week, and thats without even trying! We've picked up some right stud muffins in our time I can tell you!
- The Rectory is absolutely fab, and full of really fit blokes. There's even a free vengabus to take you from Kingsbury Square to the Rectory and back again, driven by a really charming man. Friday nights will never be the same again.
- The Lounge - utterly terrible as in the DJ's play too much speed garage and other trancey play-it-safe rubbish (on CD's mostly too - talk about copping out, where's ya vinyl, mate??), clientelle is made up of mostly half-witted stack-heeled scutters and the guys who like them and you can't get in with even brand new trainers on (how 80's can you get?). Could be alot better with some more adventurous management but they're all tory gits on the make.
Merlin's - bit of a dump and the music's appalling, but at least they're not attempting to be something that they're not (unlike The L**nge!).
The Rectory - good place to go if you're full of beer after the pub as the people up there change quite alot from week to week and the DJ's are often pretty good.
- The Coconut Club at the Civic Centre is a club for under 18's
- The Lounge is trendy, Merlins is a Shithole and The Rectory is just cool!
- Sadly, Aylesbury lacks a good club.
- The Lounge, Market Square Brooklyns, Oakfield Road
- The louge (in town). The Rectory (out of town).
- DJ John Purslow's Starlight Disco in the Broad Leys on Fridays is a pretty fun 70's style disco.
- New place opened up - it's great - It's called Diff Diffs and is located above the Farmyuard and Firkin
- I've only been clubbing in Aylesbury once, MK is the place for me. All I can say is that the Lounge is crap!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: jen, Paul Megram, donkey, donna, christian, Slunky, William, Sue Turner, Leigh, r king, dom, Alan Montague, Gareth Champion, valentina, kisskisskiss, Toni , shelley and beckie, kate, Véro, Mark Roberts, Sean Reynolds, Maya, Julia Morton, PLinkos, Ray Eskin, Phil Blythe, Clark, Neo, FUCK YOU PERVE, Stevie B., Smurf, n_man, Barry, Ray Cummins, SAD OH, Steve Perry, Pete, wendy, Shaun James, erica, Kitty, Eamonn Montague, michael, rory byrne, stuart freeman, sav, Meli, Adam Smith, Jason Nolan, woody, Rob Andrew, Lisa, jules, lester, bogdan, Deany, Benjy P, kano levlin, Thommo, Rosalie, lizzy, jack, Dave G, Jesper, Katie Banks, Molly, Tico Noakes, joe, Ron, long haired girl, D Clark, Naomi Heffer, Naomi, Keith Dolan, Cat, djxtream, josh, F1LBY, kid creation, Roy Pascal, lisa neethling, sue, Mary Hutton, Sandy Ross, Dave G., Rich Tun, david renaud, Schoony Beardy Diff Diff, Wilson Snook, erse, Chris Barker, jimmy saville at mandeville hospital, Mr x, Kevin, Kurt, Sean Tracey, Geoff Mitchell, mark, james, Simon Dunnett, Walter Barker, Matt, Ben Green, Aaron Cripps, bev, K.Kashif, al, Polly Watts, jebediah mohammed, jojo, dave, Sarah Flounder, chags, LouLou, Forkie, Killa, James East, tereasa, Kim Sutton, Barney Rubble, Paul O'Flanagan, trevor, Simon Jones, Paul Rogan, ruito, Richard, alk, Eddie H, David, matthew doherty, John Schoon, suzannem, Sharon, Adam Taylor, Mungo Schoon, Raj, Jay, Dave Strong, Helen., n.johnson, Leonie Toal, joe clayton, gbritten, Good Bloke, phillip goss, Sleuthy, Karen Adam, Chris Eley, claire Muldoon, Alan, generic, Truble, Volf, Big Trev, tarquin roosevelt, Neil March, nadine, Mike Bruce, James Clements, april, Kealan, Mark Ford, aylesbury police, baz, Paul Smith, tanniss, Christina Walker, j.t.s.p., Mark Sear, Lucy Arney, John, frank rizzo, bob, plums, Edd , Flo
Last updated: 2008-09-16
More stuff about Aylesbury
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Aylesbury Knowhere Board