Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Barkingside, Greater London*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Barkingside.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Derek Smith - one of the finest jazz pianists in the world = went to Ilford County High School, played with Johnny Dankworth and Benny Goodman, lived in USA for many years
- bobby moore lived locally.
- Bobby Moore lived in Glenwood Gardens
Terry Venables lived in Beechwood Gardens
- Noel Edmonds used to go to Glade school, I believe. Which is 5 mins from Barkingside.
- Bobby Moore lived in Barkingside just off Longwood Gardens, when he played for West Ham.
- Malcolm allison and quite a few westham players in the early 60s
- barkingside high street was once used in a Morecombe and Wise sketch.
You also may mistake Barkingside for a set for a hollywood epic on the troubles in Kosovo, but alas the 100's of Kosovan refugee extra's actually live here and we get to pay for their accomadation and money allowance, but fair play to them they show there gratidude buy mugging the older residents of Barkingside when they collect there pension, arn't they sweet!!!!
- Eddie Wells (ICE MAN)
- Steve Castle, who has just joined Orient. He is the only guy in the Rothmans Yearbook who has his place of birth as Barkingside.
- Trevor Brooking attended Ilford County High School. Vicky Michelle(Ello,Ello),Alan Curbishley, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Frank Lampard (snr), Trevor Sinclair and the good looking one from Another Level often buy their fish & chips at HI-TIDE.
- Alan Lilley of Essex used to live over the road oh and Marc Falco
- John Charles, ex west ham united football player 1959-1971, played for england youth and the first black footballer to play for the hammers, and also one of the first in the leauge
- Bobby George, the darts player
- noel edmonds went to the Glade School
- Well there's always Ronnie O'Sullivan, who sometimes stuffs his face at the Sharod indian restaurant.
- Alan Sugar allegedly owns most of the High Street.
- Tessa Sanderson (in nearby Clayhall)
- The most famous ex-res. I can think of is Alan Sugar (aka. Mr Amstrad)
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: sophie, Gareth Howell, james, Donald Andrew, Ranjit, David Roberts, Eddie Wells, Peter, Dan, Nancy, leigh, Samir Patel, Andrew Guest, Linzi, bimmer, Tash, JEFF, generic, Nick Wells, Keith Baynes, Daniel Mcmahon, Mark, Les Herbert, brimstone, Dave, Adam Lewis, Derik Johansen, Cara, mitch, Ted Newholm, adam, Nigel R, Dave Stringer, Phil, JOHN CLARKE, Clive Boddy, brenda soskin, Peter Turner, John Walden, lindsay, ADAM SILVER, L. Arkley, michael daniels, Bob, Chris Stoneham, Bronwyn Cannon, Alan Simpson, adam lowe, john nihill, Andy, lee, julie
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Barkingside
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Barkingside Knowhere Board