Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Bexhill on Sea.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Graham Norton
Maucy Marcus from Eldorado
- Spike Milligan need I say more
- Composer Nathan Whitington lived in the town for a long while. Whitington supposedly used to play often at the Devonshire on a Friday night. Always brought the locals in.
- erm eddie izard spent time in bexhill
- No Celebrities here that i know of!
- no one in particular, who would want to live here?
- Eddie Izzard, David Hare
- Eddie Izzard - of course.
John Logie Baird.
- Logi Baird - inventor of TV - plaque just outside the train station tells you about him
- Joanna Lumley has allegedly bought a house in Bexhill Old Town. ab fab properties there darling, but who can afford 'em, and the Bell in round there doesnt even do food.
- Stella McCartney went to Bexhill college.
- Q from james bond lived in old town ive seen him in his pjs on my way to school
eddie izzard hes sidley scum
- Don Powell, the Slade Drummer lives in Bexhill, often seen around the town
- Eddie Izzard gave me a drive round Bexhill in his limo once. This had Hiptitude.
- ken cherry- this guy is a legend! he has run the local little common football team for 20years, but sadly stepped down recently! he is still a legend and is still widely associated with the club!
- Didn't American actor Stubby Kaye (film 'Guys and Dolls') live in Cooden - near the golf course? I think he's dead now. (Probably died of boredom - not allowed to use his skateboard!)
- Eddie Izzard.
- Bloke who used to play "Q" in James Bond. But he's dead now.
- the man who made james bonds weapons,
- A Galaxy of stars to chose from.
Spike Milligan was stationed in Bexhill during the war, and still has a great affection for the town.
Eddie Izzard spent his formative years in Bexhill-on-sea.
'Whispering' Ted Lowe is a resident of Little Common and can be spotted in the local hardware shop.
Desmond Llewlyn (alias 'Q' from James Bond) resides in the old town and used to give talks to the scout troop about his 007 gadget hardware.
- Vitae Sackville West
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: benjamin, Annie, sales, Ian Moore, Toni, g staples, Nick Culliss, Tony N, Matt, paul haldane, Jim, Rad Harry, rosie, tony bird, Baby Jenks, maria, chloe thomson , jon, pO, InvestmentpropertyReversions.com, Morris Hutton, Matt Levitt, Derek Crawley, Amanda, Alans, Scott, no one, cat, Laura, Sadhana, hollie, BEER MONSTER, Matthew Bliss, CommsAndSound, Shar, eric gilbert, Tara Panice, chrissy, Dean Pelling, Sossij, keithsadler, Annie M, Will Miller, steve hardie, carolyn, Mackie!, Peter Jones, R. TALBOT, rachel, Patrick, Emma Mercer, helen, lafish, max, ali, alan, Ian Pickup, Tom Pickard, gayle, email@example.com, jacqui brookes, evil eve, Sam Roberts, emma, James Kimber, phoenix, Ian Barnett, Claire Bethel, philip tamony, TRACEY, generic, Gord Reynolds, robert mould, Nick Sangster, Chris Martin, Bexhillian , joey, steph, Eve, Sarah, spanky, teresa, Honey, rich, badbob, kirsty s, jay, Mike Morgan, Ashley lewis, Marge, micheal, laura brockhurst, Mike Cope, Caroline, Marva Geroge, tom pickard sk8 master, Daniel Allen, Lynda, Ed, John, tony Mc P, vibeman, anthony campbell, Tim Gale, Jame Brown, craig cartwright, Steve, hitman
Last updated: 2012-07-20
More stuff about Bexhill on Sea
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bexhill on Sea Knowhere Board