Cinemas in Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex*
Places to go to see the latest releases
You can tell us more about Bexhill on Sea.
- bexhill needs a cinima insted of cafes and charity shops
- There isn't a cinema, but in the summer the De La Warr set up deck chairs and they project a movie onto the side of the building. This is free and you can take beers etc down with you =)
- Redstack! They own an excellent bistro opposite their cinema so you can wine/dine before a screening!
- haha "redtack play house"
- its shut down, shame the only bit of culture in this town.
- NOT at all! Last time, plus the few times before, I went there an' I was asked to leave for talking to my 'friend'. Crusty, is how I'd call 'em.
- I have just heard that the cinema has closed down. And I always meant to go there, but never did. GUTTED!!
- An old fashioned cinema that has a circle only cos the stalls are now a bingo hall - don't go unless you have to
- dont even go there!!
- You must be jokin? There's nowhere to go in Bexhill- 'cept for the delaware pavilion and thats nothin to brag about. There's one tiny cinema here that shows one old film every week or something stupid like that.
- Forget it, unless you want to watch black and white rubbish, and be charged prices where you'd think that you were about to see a good movie. At the kiosk, they don't do popcorn...instead they give you knitting needles and wool!!!
- The Curzon closed. Which is a pity because it was a proper cinema. Not like these new fangled things with only about 10 seats.
- cinema bexhill? did you know back in the twenties bexhill had five yes five cinemas including cinema that was for men only bexhill was porn cinema central once apon a time!
- Sidley Martlets Bowls Club,friendly club,new licenced clubhouse,great facilities
- If u wanna travel 30 mins to see a film u go to eastbourne!
or skanky hastings fuull of drugs and the unemployed who cling on to the idea of it being a 1066 treasure when the whole place needs buldozing!
- Theres this little old cinema which is a specialist for films that came out the year your granparents were born. Bexhill has no facilities! You have to take a 15mon bus ride from the town centre just to go bowling!
- The Curzon Cinema show Arty/Classical films - not latest releases - but you need mountaineering gear to get there. It's on the 3rd floor and there's no lift! But it's quite nice inside.
Megabowl at Ravenside (known locally as Glyne Gap). 10-pin bowling. Great for kid's parties and club trips. Haven't been as a family yet and no idea what it's like mid-week. Do they have OAP specials - and do they change the music to Vera Lynne and Glenn Miller?!
- the curzon gets 2 much hassle from non believers! they do have sum good films on, not long ago they had chocolat, the only reason they cant show as many up 2 date films as im sure they'd like 2 is cos people just cant b bothered 2 give it a go.
- bexhill cinema- shows old and new films- keep an eye out sometimes there is a decent film showing
- Well if that shitty thing on western road can call its self a cineme than thats fine- fools
it shows second class b movies that are sold cheap and the seats are really uncomfortable!
I'd rather have a camel sit on my face, it might be a lot more comfortable
Bowling in ravenside is OK but if not a little expensive, Quaser closed down but there is one in eastbourne
- The above comments were not meant to be against 'Art House' cinemas, they were directly aimed against Bexhill cinema!
- I have been thrown out of Bexhill's 'Art House' cinema twice. First time went to see a 'gay' double bill, owner said he did not want that type of people in, and secondly for the same reason when Crash was on. Why is he showing these films if he does not wish anyonwe to come and see them?
A few years ago it was run by a guy named Nick (I think). It was really good then. Used to have on double bills that did not start until about 10.00. It was almost like living somewhere civilised.
- The Curzon Playhouse summarily dismissed as an 'art house' in your comments about Bexhill is unfair and untrue....recent films have included 'Notting Hill', 'The Bride of Chucky', 'Tea with Mussolini', 'The Hi-Lo Country' and what's wrong with 'art house' films?
- I can recall going to see mainsream films at the cinema in Bexhill in the days of pearl and dean. Now shows arts films only.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: benjamin, Annie, sales, Ian Moore, Toni, g staples, Nick Culliss, Tony N, Matt, paul haldane, Jim, Rad Harry, rosie, tony bird, Baby Jenks, maria, chloe thomson , jon, pO, InvestmentpropertyReversions.com, Morris Hutton, Matt Levitt, Derek Crawley, Amanda, Alans, Scott, no one, cat, Laura, Sadhana, hollie, BEER MONSTER, Matthew Bliss, CommsAndSound, Shar, eric gilbert, Tara Panice, chrissy, Dean Pelling, Sossij, keithsadler, Annie M, Will Miller, steve hardie, carolyn, Mackie!, Peter Jones, R. TALBOT, rachel, Patrick, Emma Mercer, helen, lafish, max, ali, alan, Ian Pickup, Tom Pickard, gayle, email@example.com, jacqui brookes, evil eve, Sam Roberts, emma, James Kimber, phoenix, Ian Barnett, Claire Bethel, philip tamony, TRACEY, generic, Gord Reynolds, robert mould, Nick Sangster, Chris Martin, Bexhillian , joey, steph, Eve, Sarah, spanky, teresa, Honey, rich, badbob, kirsty s, jay, Mike Morgan, Ashley lewis, Marge, micheal, laura brockhurst, Mike Cope, Caroline, Marva Geroge, tom pickard sk8 master, Daniel Allen, Lynda, Ed, John, tony Mc P, vibeman, anthony campbell, Tim Gale, Jame Brown, craig cartwright, Steve, hitman
Last updated: 2011-03-24
More stuff about Bexhill on Sea
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bexhill on Sea Knowhere Board