Pubs in Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex*
The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Bexhill on Sea.
- Yep its the Bexhill Rowing Social Club.
- Pubs.. The harp is really nice & very friendly. Walkers is alright but full of men who look like they're estate agents. Now the Devonshire.. I have been in there once and NEVER again, its full of old chavs.. or people who think they're a "right geezer". Same goes for the Sovereign. Seriously, if you're not a chav or don't think your "well 'ard" get a train to Hastings or Eastbourne. I don't know where this scum hides in the day but you'll certainly find them in the devvi and night!
- New Inn Sidley - their beer is the best in the area. Staff/licensee always welcoming, great open fires. How a proper pub should be!
- Devonshire on a Friday night. Fantastic atmos.
- erm dunno marina and carlisle, only decent pubs around here!
- The Castle...if you want the same cd on repeat every Friday, with the same people dressed in the same topshop outfits and the same old men propped at the bottom of the bar.
- The castle best place, the york (although really the only decent place to go on a friday nite in bexhill, is too expensive to get in)
- The Castle is a popular venue for the younger drinker who can't hold his pint. It also enjoys tearing your arm off at £3.20 an pint. The Devonshire is a nice boozer with music and sport. Walker's is for silly billys who think they have loadsa money and don't except for a nice plastic friend that keeps lending them dosh. The harp is a good pub with lots of character along with the New Inn. The Bell is fine. The York is a dive. Full of arrogant little stinkers who think they can take on the world.
- The Castle, The Waterfront, The Devvie, Walkers,The Harp,Shunters, The York
- Pish. - Nobody serves me at 51!
- I left in 1987 but the Devonshire, Devonshire Square was always a busy pub as was the Castle in Town Hall Square. Continental was always the club to go to. But, there are plenty of other pubs in and around the town centre.
- come to the york!
- Walkers, best pub in town. not full of locals who stare only modern interesting people
- need more
- The Rose and Crown, the best pub in bexhill. great food, cheap (ish) booze and tv, wot more could u ask!?!
- WALKERS COCKTAIL BAR!!! The best cocktails outside London! Wide range and good value! I don't work there I just visit whenever I'm in town! Great for a girls night out or a romantic evening. (Opposite the Post Office) Go there and get merry!
- Don't go to thebNew Inn in Sidley if you want to feel welcomed, bettr off going to the Pelham where there is more space at least.
- The Mermaid Tavern ,Bexhill Sea front, Resturant and Bar, Function room for Parties etc, friendly welcome to all, easy parking on sea front, and great Sea views from Beer Garden, morning and afternoon tea and coffee, open ALL DAY,
THE PLACE TO BE SEEN AT BEXHILL ON SEA.
- Traffers by egerton park. Yay!
- Bexhill has two types of pubs, 1)Pubs for the over 70's (e.g. 'wilton court lodge' and 'the mermaid'. the other type of pubs are 2)Shite holes, where the local riff-raff lQQk at you as if they own the place e.g. 'the castle' and 'tho york'. Stay away unless you want a new meaning to the phrase 'downing a pint'.
A nice place to drink though is the newly opened 'red rooms', only thing is, they have no fruitie, but then, that is a good thing sometimes.
- The MERMAID DeLeWare Parade, Seafront Bexhill,great food,overlooking the sea.
Function room open for coffee/tea 10am to 11pm,great beers and good welcome.
Background music, friendly Staff.
- wheatsheaf quiet castle well shoesmith works there
- all crap, maidstones where you wana go
- All the pubs in Bexhill are absolutely dreadful. I would rather stay in on my own and drink meths. Hastings and Eastbourne are not much better.
- the little bell used to be a wicked little place with the irish couple and there big stupid deaf dog, i know people who used to make there living in the little bell and they kept the stock under the saggy red sofa at the back by the pool table remember in bexhill its always winner stays on and never take your eyes off that 60p you put down or some sidleyite will hav'it.
- Bexhill-on-Sea - New Inn Sidley. Great beer & a good crowd. It's how a 'proper' pub should be, with the added bonus of Saturday live footie & Sky on a 6 ft big screen - none of the 'do you want bright lights & chips with that' of the nearby Rose & Crown.
- The HARP has Hiptitude.
- Rose & Crown
- Sidley may be a dive, but has the best pub in the area - The Rose and Crown on Turkey Road - great real ale and a menue to die for
- Pubs in Bexhill,can only recomend The BELL INN in the OLD TOWN,and the HARP in Devonshire rd.I judge a pub by its welcome,from the staff or licensee,with the price of a pint today you need to feel its worth going out for.
- The castle very good night out
- The Rose and Crown does serve excellent food, and it has regained it's atmosphere and is the only place in town that you can get drunk, eat well and watch live football!! Also occasional live music, but avoid "Band of Two"!!
The Castle is for youngsters who want to get ripped off!
The Devonshire is okay, but not what it was twenty years ago!
- The Kings arms, Ninfield. This is just past Sidly and has good food, bar e.t.c.
- the castle inn, the bell, the mermaid, traffers
- the new inn
- Leave town or get attacked
- The Bell or the Devonshire seem to be this nicest these days. The little bell used to be good, but closed down unfortunately. Basically all the rest suck, unless you like the fear of immenent violence.
- Avoid the Rose and Crown (used to be called the Turkey) it is now a "Hungry Horse" place and serves food which seems to drip with fat and has lost all of its atmosphere, not to say decent beer. The De La Warr bar is awful since it was done out. The beer there seems to contain too much hydrogren and oxygen2.
- The Castle
The Bell ( it was better when chris and sylvia were there)
- The Devenshire but anyone over 18 need not apply
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: benjamin, Annie, sales, Ian Moore, Toni, g staples, Nick Culliss, Tony N, Matt, paul haldane, Jim, Rad Harry, rosie, tony bird, Baby Jenks, maria, chloe thomson , jon, pO, InvestmentpropertyReversions.com, Morris Hutton, Matt Levitt, Derek Crawley, Amanda, Alans, Scott, no one, cat, Laura, Sadhana, hollie, BEER MONSTER, Matthew Bliss, CommsAndSound, Shar, eric gilbert, Tara Panice, chrissy, Dean Pelling, Sossij, keithsadler, Annie M, Will Miller, steve hardie, carolyn, Mackie!, Peter Jones, R. TALBOT, rachel, Patrick, Emma Mercer, helen, lafish, max, ali, alan, Ian Pickup, Tom Pickard, gayle, firstname.lastname@example.org, jacqui brookes, evil eve, Sam Roberts, emma, James Kimber, phoenix, Ian Barnett, Claire Bethel, philip tamony, TRACEY, generic, Gord Reynolds, robert mould, Nick Sangster, Chris Martin, Bexhillian , joey, steph, Eve, Sarah, spanky, teresa, Honey, rich, badbob, kirsty s, jay, Mike Morgan, Ashley lewis, Marge, micheal, laura brockhurst, Mike Cope, Caroline, Marva Geroge, tom pickard sk8 master, Daniel Allen, Lynda, Ed, John, tony Mc P, vibeman, anthony campbell, Tim Gale, Jame Brown, craig cartwright, Steve, hitman
Last updated: 2011-04-28
More stuff about Bexhill on Sea
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bexhill on Sea Knowhere Board