The Worst Things in Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex*
The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about Bexhill on Sea.
The Worst Things
- Did anyone see Bexhill carnival procession 2018.What a load of rubbish. I lived here for over 60 years and that was the worst I'ev ever seen.In fact it was a embarrassment for the town and if anyone come to see it from outside of the town they won't be coming back.If that's the best you can do give up it's time you stop the procession because you'e embarrassing the town.
- Dave Singh Mechanic Cowboy Mechanic.
- Too many Beggars in the town.I got stopped 3 times in Devonshire on Monday night out side of the Harp Subway and the Co-op all Begging for money for their Drugs and Alcohol (Homeless Bollocks)just a lond of scroungers.These people are making the town look like a dump.Let's get rid of them.
- It is very common to hear this among Pinoys, “Can I borrow some money? I promise to return it on payday.” But so many paydays have already gone by, but you have not yet been paid back.
I believe the reason why borrowing money is so popular here in the Philippines is because this has already become…
Parents have a huge influence on their children, so if their LIFESTYLE has been one of borrowing money and debt, their children would most likely follow in their footsteps.
This reminds me of when kids play house and sometimes add a mini store. When mealtime came, the kid role-playing as mom said, “Kids, it’s time to eat. Why don’t you run over to the store and borrow two cans of sardines from Aling Puring.”
It may sound funny, but it does happen in real life!
Read Related Story:
Why Is It So Difficult to Earn Money?Why Is It So Difficult to Earn Money?
Why Is It Hard To Talk About Money With Our Family?Why Is It Hard To Talk About Money With Our Family?
Why Do Filipinos Lack The Discipline To Handle Money?Why Do Filipinos Lack The Discipline To Handle Money?
It has become difficult to change this practice because we have already become so accustomed to it.
While there are others who are fond of borrowing because of they think that THEY DESERVE A REWARD after all the hard work they put into their jobs. When their payroll arrives, they spend on things that they WANT to satisfy their craving for reward.
They spend on drinking, eat-all-you-can, and all kinds of gadgets that they don’t really need.
They don’t stop to consider investing toward achieving their long term goals, and making this their reward. They always want to be rewarded for each and every action they do.
It is okay to give in to your wants once in a while, for as long as the money used is extra income and not money that is meant for basic needs.
JUST PLAIN LAZY
Some folks simply do not want to go through a little difficulty in life, so they depend on others. They want it easy and want to live in extravagance and leisure at the expense of their loved ones who do all the work to earn money to sustain their impractical lifestyle. These people just want to live comfortably, but don’t want to work for it. It is easier for them to just borrow money, but oftentimes spend it on gambling thinking luck might be on their side this time. In the end, they will just sink deeper and deeper in debt.
Yet for this person, this is normal. This lifestyle is okay. His mindset is that “it doesn’t matter if I am lazy, as long as I am not tired!”
Let’s not forget that the root cause of a person’s habit in borrowing money could be…
They would rather borrow money especially when they need to celebrate an important family event, just because they do not want others to perceive them as poor. It does not matter if they do not have enough cash, or if where they will get the money to pay for it later as long as they are able to show that they have the capacity to put up a grand celebration.
They don’t want to admit that they have limits to their own resources.
They always think of what other people will say. They are SELF-ABSORBED people who would rather beg for money from others just so they get what they want and they don’t get humiliated because of lack of money.
These are just some of the reason why Pinoys are fond of borrowing money.
If you want to break out of the rut of debt, you need to …
BREAK THE TRADITION
Refuse to follow the wrong practices that you were raised with. If you don’t have much money, be brave and tell the truth. Remember, “THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE.”
AIM FOR THE LONG-TERM REWARD
Focus on making your long-term goal as your reward. Focus on making your financial status stable. If you find it difficult, remind yourself of this long-term reward that is waiting for you at the end of the finish line, which is lasting happiness.
It is more enjoyable if the money you spend comes from your own blood and sweat. Change your MINDSET to “it doesn’t matter if I get tired along the way, as long as it helps me get to my goal.”
Admit that you need to IMPROVE. The only thing permanent in this world is change. While there is life, change will always exist to make life better for us.
THINK. REFLECT. APPLY.
Are you ready to break the tradition of borrowing money so that you won’t continue to sink deeper into debt?
Do you consider achieving your long-term goal as the more important reward?
Are you willing to put effort into getting out and staying out of debt?
If you want to know more about getting out of debt, watch this… http://bit.ly/1AZsjDW
- To many Filipino teiiing lies all the time. They make out they are good workers but they'er really quite lazy people. They take all the overtime going. They talk about you in front of you in their own language. I find there very racist towards whether you're black or white. They tell lies to you just so they can get some money from you. Then try and get it back off them they will tell you more lies so they don't have to pay it. They tell you back home we have projects on the go big houses farms building a resort condominiums and how they are so rich back home hot weather sand beaches paim trees sounds like paradise if they'er got all of that why are they here in the in the cold weather living life squatters in grotty bedsits and overcrowded flats all liars they'er got nothing back home most of it a shit hole with thieves and drug addicts and that's just their families you should just be honest with yourself. They are always falling out with each other they don't just tell lies to you they tell lies to each other they are so full of bullshit. So before you befriend them keep your hand on your wallet because they will empty it and they don't care anything about you. They are all Liars.
- No Traffic Wardens people park where they like on double yallow lines on loading bays on zebra crossing on corners over driveways. There is a two hour parking restriction in the town but no one cares they park there all day and all week.I used to buy a parking pemit but why bother you can never park outside your propety. If you complain no one's bothers. I've complained to where you buy your parking permits Ease Sussex Council Rother District Council the Police and they all pass the buck. I wouldn't if they would like it if we all stopped paying our council tax as we're the ones who pay there wages.So all of you get off your ass and do something about it.
- That's paddy the pevert i aways thought he was gay hes always in the public toilets.
- Yes I know this man he roams aroun the town praying on woman and young girls .He said rude and suggest things to me and my 14 year old daughter.
- That sounds like Pat Barker he's a two-faced lying pevert.He come up to you in the street and saying personal things about your boby .Things like you've got a lovely pair. if i was 10 years younger. luck saddle.you've got a lovely ass.and trying to touch you.he's just a dirt old pervert.he should be locked up.
- Too many old and young racist people whether you're black brown or white you're a target for abuse it comes from thick people and from people on benefits who are just lazy.
- There is a old pervert with beach huts on east parade with long hair and a beard thay call him 9 to 90?
- Old perverts with beach huts.
- Old 70+perverts with beard and long hair.
- Lots of old women in here 50s looking for sex .
- Claire Richards
- (east parade not easr parade) sorry.
- Yes i waik along easr parade with my dog and there is a dirty old man with a beach hut he's west of the toilets look out.
- Dirty old men with beach huts on east parade leering at you has you are waiking along the promenade with suggester comments (PERVERT)
- People from London.
- IS PEOPLE WHO THINK THERE BETTER THEN OTHERS DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU LIVE WITHIN THE TOWN.. LETS SEE WOT YOU CAN AFFORD WHEN YOU LEAVE MUMMY AND DADDIES NEST SAD LITTLE FISH.. I LIVE IN SIDLEY AND A CIVIL SERVANT FOR 11YRS. THERES GOOD AND BAD EVERYWHERE AND WOTS MORE I MOVED HERE FROM LONDON FOR A BETTER SAFER LIFE. HOUSE PRICES MAY HAVE GONE UP BUT MY WAGES WHERE CUT WHEN I MOVED DOWN HERE SO SOMEONE NEEDS TO GET THERE FACTS RIGHT...
- Do not go to the Soveriegn cafe its expensive for rubbish food and makes the seafront smell of old burnt cooking oil.
- The Soveriegn Cafe on the seafront is overated. It's also expensive and not particularly friendly.
The Devonshire pub.
The De La Warr Pavillion is under-used. There should be more live music and comedy.
- old people and charity shops
- Old chavs. 40 - 55 year old chavs. Get a life.
- people who blame everybody else for their problems see to accumelate in bexhill
- old people! and the pikeys.. but they're everwhere really.
- The Sovereign Cafe on the sea front. My fish was still cold and uncooked inside its hot batter.
When I sent it back instead of my money back I got a stream of unpleasant verbal abuse.
- Full of dole scrouging,polyester wearing,salad dodging,hip hop listening,pram pushing chavs!
Let's not forget sidley(chavley)... on the over hand,lets. Oh..& old chavs.
- Too many inconsiderate drivers/shoppers. Nowhere for visitors to park the car except if they park in the residents spaces and then the residents are forced to park streets away from where they live.
- The worst thing about an open site like this is that it open to silly immature people to write unfounded comments about things they have no knowledge about.
the little `winkle` who wrote about the tattooist in Bexhill, is obviously another tattooist who can`t, either get any trade because they haven`t got the first idea, or they just can`t get it up. We at Black Pearl have an immaculate record on hygene and our craftsmanship, I have been tattooing and body piercing longer than these child like idiots have been alive, we intend to contact your site, and the police to investigate this slander, they will find that the internet is not as annonymous as they belive it to be.
- Bexhill on sea... well what can i say im 16 and live here old people are just really rude we cant skate anymore and everything sucks Bexhill high is shit and full of chavs!!!! there is nothing to do so st richards is right they dont go around reading bibles most of the chavs in my school probally cant even spell there own name do you know what the high light of bexhill is SAINSBURYS
bexhill is poo! and theres nothing for younger people seagull poo everywere
- Can't anyone who lives in Bexhill spell or type? Doesn't say much for the schools there. It is in fact a spacious, beautiful place. Why knock it? Not enough skateboard places or amusement arcades? Dummies! What is so lacking about Bexhill that is not lacking elsewhere? Get a life!
- Old People ( We (youth)dont get a say in anything. they dont like change. NEED A CYCLE PATH PEOPLE!
- St.Richards kidz.
- The worst thing? those bible bashers bum boys from saint richards, they lurve jesus, if you want a fight ask for Kristian Tangen and ill del ya one ya nob jockeys. L2
- Very small music scene, No cinema, No culture, Boring, Nothing to do, Full of pikeys ready to shimmy you. Everyones a hillbilly. Its like deliverance here.
- The average age of the people
- Every knowhere site I go on, everyone is moaning and slagging off their town. If everyone's so miserable and there's nothing to do, why do you all stay?! You've got legs haven't you? Move away or stop moaning!
- Seagulls - NO...not really - I meant old people, with Zimmerman frames!
- The other school in Bexhill is St Richard's, also known as St Anthony's, Catholic College.You can't fail to have heard of them because the head is always phoning up the local newspaper asking them to print articles about being invited to royal garden parties.It's a really cliquey place,and despite all their self-publicity about helping charitable causes,they only ever raise money to help themselves,e.g to send somebody to Lourdes [and no that's not to watch cricket].Their next money-raising campaign is sponsorship for as many people to surgically remove their heads from their own bottoms.
- People who complain if you so much as lay a brick on the ground. They have nothing better to do than to write into the local paper complaining endlessly about something. Also to mention the town is under a dictator called Graham Gubby.
- Everything stops at tea-time. No bus services, cafes shut. Why because it supports the older generation they are all at home by 5pm and there is no need.
- the Chapmans! (youths of the town know what im taliking about)
- the dump that is bexhill high school. wot ever happened about moving and rebuilding it, hmmm. i think the powers that be 'reinvested' the money we raised for that one. gotta say tho mr hardie was the best damn teacher i eva had. as for mr cross and mrs purcell, hmmmm!!
- Basically the whole town. The seagulls.
- THE COUNCIL TRYING TO WRECK THE TOWN WITH REGENERATION RUBBISH, THROWING MONEY AT PROJECTS WE CAN NOT AFFORD OR NEED
- Townies! They are everywhere. They need to get a life!! Sidley. Avoid like the plague if you want to see tomorrow!
- The women...Where are the good-looking girls? (I mean the ones who don't go around in their kappa tracksuit, with big loopy earings that 'Evil-Kineaval' would have no trouble jumping through.
- the silly wannabe pikes who go aroung starting on every one, how mature!
- The stench of decay. This town is dying. Probably because no-one spends any money there. A shame really because it could be charming again.
hairdressers and charity shops
- there is no channel five on tresstial tv so no bad porn to watch.
- The lack of late night trains to and from Bexhill makes it difficult to go anywhere without a car. There should be direct, semi-stopper trains from Brighton to Hastings to take people home after Brighton events. (at the moment you have to hook up with the once an hour London-Hastings train at Lewes, which is inconvenient.)
- PARKING,because most poeple are to mean to spend 50p in the delaware car park.they use it up in petrol instead,driving round the streets of Bexhill.
and also the Shop keepers who take up parking spaces all day.
- very little to do
- PIKES THAT HANG AROUND SIDLEY PISSIN PEOPLE OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Everyone - no matter what their age - who want this to stay a quiet seaside town for their own personal use. Every time something 'different' happens (eg the Anglo-French market, the Bexhill 100, even the carnival) someone complains to the local paper!
- The birds.
- Nothing to do. That's *NOTHING*. Except throw pebbles at seagulls.
- Old people Expensive houses Tooooooooooooooo much traffic going tooooooo slow and no one gives way.
- the lack of teenage sport shops
- the kids
- OLD PEOPLE, SIDLEY and PEBSHAM: i'm not a snob!
- The worst thing about Bexhill is that it is in Bexhill. If you are thinking of coming, and you are under 30 don't. If you live there....GET OUT NOW WHILE YOU STILL CAN.
- Too many Londoners moving down and pushing up property prices so that locals cannot afford to buy any more. The very poor wages offered in the town. Too near that human sewer known as Hastings.
- old people, moaning about youths of today
- The winter and the small town mentality.
- Old people everwhere
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: benjamin, Annie, sales, Ian Moore, Toni, g staples, Nick Culliss, Tony N, Matt, paul haldane, Jim, Rad Harry, rosie, tony bird, Baby Jenks, maria, chloe thomson , jon, pO, InvestmentpropertyReversions.com, Morris Hutton, Matt Levitt, Derek Crawley, Amanda, Alans, Scott, no one, cat, Laura, Sadhana, hollie, BEER MONSTER, Matthew Bliss, CommsAndSound, Shar, eric gilbert, Tara Panice, chrissy, Dean Pelling, Sossij, keithsadler, Annie M, Will Miller, steve hardie, carolyn, Mackie!, Peter Jones, R. TALBOT, rachel, Patrick, Emma Mercer, helen, lafish, max, ali, alan, Ian Pickup, Tom Pickard, gayle, email@example.com, jacqui brookes, evil eve, Sam Roberts, emma, James Kimber, phoenix, Ian Barnett, Claire Bethel, philip tamony, TRACEY, generic, Gord Reynolds, robert mould, Nick Sangster, Chris Martin, Bexhillian , joey, steph, Eve, Sarah, spanky, teresa, Honey, rich, badbob, kirsty s, jay, Mike Morgan, Ashley lewis, Marge, micheal, laura brockhurst, Mike Cope, Caroline, Marva Geroge, tom pickard sk8 master, Daniel Allen, Lynda, Ed, John, tony Mc P, vibeman, anthony campbell, Tim Gale, Jame Brown, craig cartwright, Steve, hitman
Last updated: 2018-01-23
More stuff about Bexhill on Sea
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bexhill on Sea Knowhere Board