Alternative Lifestyle in Bracknell, Berkshire*
Tattooists, piercing, headshops, etc
You can tell us more about Bracknell.
- Dave Diamond is a massive Bell-End and is probably the worst thing about Bracknell
- bracknell guys and dolls wouldnt be complete without tattoos and at least one piercing,there are atleast 2 i can think of.run by typical bracknell prats
- Dave Diamond Tattoo's Brill!!
I have several tattoos over my body, my first done over 7 years ago in Witney, Oxon, by a very scary looking chap of 6’4” with half his face tattooed, it taught me you should “never judge a book by it’s cover” as he was very pleasant, chatty and put me at ease. I then went on to have a back piece done by Gary Ware, Living Colour, Bracknell, again a very pleasant helpful guy who did some beautiful work just over 3 years ago.
When I decided to add to my collection summer last year I thought I would try Dave, firstly I had a small piece done on my left breast to cover up a blemish that had been bothering me for several years, Dave was helpful, discreet and concerned for my comfort at all times, I was so impressed by his work that not long after I went back to Dave to discuss having a large rib piece done. 5 hours of planning, 2 hours of Dave drawing the initial template and 25 hours of needle to skin later I have the most beautiful piece of artwork I’ve seen in a long time … on my body!
The work was done over a 10/12 week period and at every session Dave made a point of showing me the cleaning down of the work surfaces from the last customer, that the needles where from an unbroken sterile pack which was then removed from said pack before installing into his clean and sterile machine. You could eat your dinner from the floor of the Parlour and the aftercare advice is second to none if followed to the letter.
If customers wish to have words/names tattooed then surely the responsibility of the spelling of those words lies firmly with them, after all the tattooist firstly writes/draws/applies a template to the skin then asks the customer if it’s in the right position, looks right, etc, before actually putting needle to skin. At this point the customer has the opportunity to speak up or forever hold their tongue!
The comments on spelling and grammar are irrelevant to a tattooist’s ability to tattoo; their artistic talent and flare would be the top priority closely followed by the cleanliness of the parlour and cleaning regime of the tattooist.
I could forgive the sarcasm of these comments if the person they were talking about was the chief in editor of the Financial Times. Unfortunately the tone of their bitter diatribe to prove intellectual superiority has failed miserably and only proves these people have experienced very little of the world, the people who live within it and can not allow themselves to enjoy the achievements of particularly talented individuals … because one can only be lead to believe … that they are incapable of achieving anything of great consequence themselves!
Bottom line is if ever you have a problem with your tattoo, go back to your tattooist, stop putting them into a category of “most unapproachable” or “most undesirable” it simply is not true, they don’t have 2 heads!! If a meek and mousey looking woman who has lead a sheltered life like myself can summon up the balls to have a tattoo I’m sure the average Joe can summon up the balls to speak up when in the tattoo parlour!
- Im not being funny but think about how many people actually get tattoos done theres bound to be a few mess ups. Ive had 5 tattoos done, Dave Diamonds (2), Living Colours (1) and Excalibur (2) and all mine come out fine. Im quite a shy person when it comes to strangers, but in all 3 of these places i felt relaxed! Its a hard job to do and i think that they all do it well!
- I found this arguement whilst trying to find a tattoo gallery for Living Colour, but there seems to be no website. Maybe all the local studios should have one, so we can at least see how good you are and how many you've done. Check out Woody's tattoo studio in High Wycombe, though. He did my first crown-of-thorns band about ten years ago and it was pretty ropey; maybe not his fault too much as it was my artwork, but the lines/spacing weren't very good. Still, check him out now, he's got way better - totally amazing/phenomenal (no, I'm not him, just search for his website to find out for yourselves). Check out also the two others he has working for him, either dire or adequate depending on how you like these things. I know someone who's been to Living Colour several times and she recommends him. Don't know about Dave Diamond, other than he's on his fourth premises in a few years, but then location is pretty rubbish anywhere in Bracknell. I went there a few years ago looking for my second tattoo and, whilst browsing flash, heard staff talking about stolen turkeys or trees at Christmas and how the terrible police had come round accusing them or something. That's when I left. Dodgy/agressive atmosphere, with hangers-on playing pool in the shop all day long is not customer friendly, and maybe Dave should get rid of them - it's an art studio, not a drop-in for drop-outs. I actually went to a tattoo shop in Camberley for my second tattoo, on the dual carriageway near the military academy (can't remember the name), and he also had his mate (as a receptionist, I think) hanging round a pool table, which still kind of put me off, yet I stayed for the work. His lines are perfect, but the solid black is too light. Don't want to antagonise this argument-thread too much, but please learn to spell and punctuate, or at least have a go: as the hip-girl pointed out, it doesn't make you look very professional or intelligent, now does it?
- diamond tattoos kids
- Gary at Living Colour is pretty good. He's friendly,good value for money and does a reasonable job. He's been there for over ten years now so he's doing something right!
- Is that the 'world famous' Dave Diamond? World famous indeed, that really is a joke.
- I think you mean 'talent', not TALLENT. I hope you don't ever tattoo me.
- JUST TO PUT THE RECORD STRAIGHT ALL OF YOU WINGEING MUPPETS YOU WOULDENT KNOW A GOOD TATTOO IF ONE BIT YOU ON YOUR ARSE DAVE DIAMOND AT DIAMOND TATTOOS IS A VERRY TALENTED ARTIST THE ONLY PROBLEM IS PEOPLE WITH BIG MOUTHES ON COMPUTERS! WHY DONT YOU JUST GO SEE THE MAN IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS HE WILL BE MORE THAN WILLING TO SORT IT OUT(THAT IS IF THERE IS A PROBLEM IN THE FIRST PLACE?)DONT SLATE THE STUDIO. IF HE COULDENT DO HIS JOB TO A VERRY HIGH STANDARD HE WOULDENT STILLBE TATTOOING AFTER OVER 25 YEARS SO GET A GRIP YOU SAD MOANING RETARDS AND GET DOWN THERE AND HAVE SOME PROPPER WORK DONE BECAUSE THERE IS ONLY ONE PROFESSIONAL TATTOOIST IN BRACKNELL WITH THIS MANS TALLENT (DAVE DIAMOND) BELIVE IT!!!!
- I'm the person who had their hip done at Diamond Tattoos (see second entry from the bottom).
I think it's obvious from the few entries below this one, saying how great Diamond Tattoos is, were written by Lee Nicholls or someone else from Diamond Tattoos. Now, with that spelling, would you really want one of them tattooing words on you? The spelling mistakes could be a permanent reminder that you shouldn't go to Diamond Tattoos.
Personally, I can't comment on the other people mentioned by Diamond Tattoos because I've never been to / heard of them but I can honestly say that my first post is a true account of my experience at Diamond Tattoos and I would not recommend them.
- lee nicholls is the best tattooest around!
- tattooing in bracknell has got a bad reputaition as of late with people trying to do it from home with no training or a clue what they are doing. such examples are this guy aidrian who from what ive been told got sacked from 1 of the tattoo studios in town for being usless. same as that fool in berchhill who has opened a studio he also got sacked from his apprenticship. so all of u out there please for your own sake avoid these amatures and go to a professional. ive had a good look into it and ive found from other peoples reactions and from the berkshire county health department that the place to go in bracknell is DIAMOND TATTOOS! they are the most expirienced and the only award winning tattooist around bracknell. so avoid taxi drivers (birch hill) and middle aged skate borders (aidrian) go to the proffecionals!!!!
- ive goin to diaomnd tattoos for a long time now having work done they ar by far the best and cleanest tattoo parler ive ever been to. they are all very helpfull and nice people to talk to. they are by far they best tattooist in the berkshire area. deffinetly the best in bracknell as i know from personal expirence the other two tattooist in the town use dirty needles and are always under inspecktion from local health people. these studios are living colour and excaliber id avoid them. diamond tattoos is the best and thats that!!
- diamond tattoo's was very friendly to me even offered to re-colour my tattoo if it lost its colour, which it has not. i found the stuff very friendly and would go there again. please take off that horrible report on it, it is not true.
- I had a tattoo on my hip at Diamond Tattoos by one of the blokes that works there and I also found them really unfriendly and unhelpful. I'm not sure whether it was necessary for him to be resting his hand in some of the places he did and he seemed to just wanted to get it done asap, get my money and get rid of me. I wouldn't recommend their service AT ALL.
- diamond tattoos in the town behind the red lion pub is very dodgy, a friend caught an infection and when she went back they couldn't care less.
The old bloke there had a right attitude and was very unfriendy, she was very upset. There are a few other tattoo shops in bracknell though, I heard they are alright.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: S, tim, kariana, Steve Merry, Steve Jones, Vic, sophi, Chris Pearce, Kay Harris, bov, neil, donna, g, Kym Jarvis, pickachu, Groin, adrian Kitachi, Pat, Reggie, caz, Gillian Scott, john lewis, AsH, Rob Mac, Gavin Newby, gus, dbaser, RoRy!!!!, Deb Harris, richard, Ali Gilbert, The Highlander, f1lbee, Hubble, Langdon Jones, Emma Giles, Simon, John Smith, sara, sarah, Rix, Matthew Wakefield, Holty, PETER, Roz F, Julio, Scooby, analisazrc, Dav, justin mansfield, Gerry, joe, Bird, SUNNIE UK, Jo, DeeJay Random, pete, The Ledgend Chris, Phil Johnson, Roy Birkinshaw, Tricky, Dale B, Rob Chin-Yue, ian reynolds, Lauren, ben, Serena, Sam Pearce, Robert Staniford, david wakefield, rebecca woodgates, Keith Milner, Andy, Glynis, KH, Matt, CrackJimmy, Jim, PETER WILLIAMS, K marchant, Dan, Taffy Turner, Steve Ray, Bruce, Mark Pearson, Julia Green, wednesday, Steve Allen, dave, tyger, bekki, gggggggg, none, AL, lullu, nicola pither, TDUB, David Todd, Jim Hendricks, Porter, Justina Jenner, kemi ifeakandu, carla beacham, dave ruddle, C Lewis, Trudy Eperon, j. clarke, Tony Bradley, karen dudeck, Jacco, Heather, andy cent, Pharma808, firstname.lastname@example.org, Alan King, david, Stewart Denew, Kay H, Victoria Harrington, Henry, Mike Taylor, Sarah-Beth Day, tim reynolds, John king, Tony Bellamy, Gillian Rose, John Silver, sam, Simon Mac, mono, Annon, Mickey Labana, generic, Danny, Bixster, Stevie Gee, Dave Parry, Rich Cronk, Lewis, kiethn_uk, pickybugger, incognito, Bella, Phil Donaldson, rob, dave balman, Heather Rose, Liana Rogers, Adam, Dukeofhazard, Abby, Sid, Lee, terry rice, Rob Graham, Hannah, analisa, tattooed dude, jf, R L, ally
Last updated: 2012-10-09
More stuff about Bracknell
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bracknell Knowhere Board