Arts, crafts and such in Bracknell, Berkshire*
Anything from pukka art galleries to craft shops. Trendy and twee both welcome.
You can tell us more about Bracknell.
Arts, crafts and such
- wouldnt say south hill park is pukka for the art,all looks like splatters of dulux,not much else sorry
- South Hill Park and Bracknell and Wokingham College run lots of drama and arts courses. You can learn to do anything from silver smithing to performing arts.
- SOUTH HILL PARK and occasionally Newbold college in Binfield
- If cheap clothes from india is a craft, then we have multiple shops selling them! I think South Hill Park is very arty and crafty but never been. Not a very cultured town.
- there is no art gallery in monkey trading as they were so bad they got kicked out
- Holme Grange, between bracknell and wokingham did have pretty good art gallery and craft shops, but i hear the circus shop shut down :(
South Hill Park has art on display including sculpture and jewellery.They recently had stuff on display by David thingy...the gay artist who has pictures in Tate modern of young men diving into swimming pools..sorry can't think of his surname. Cracking stuff though. Prints from his student days based on old fairy stories and folk tales.
- Bracknell is becoming less of a cultural wsteland. As well as South Hill Park Arts Centre for just about everything, there are now two new galleries in the town centre that sell original artwork. "The Bracknell Gallery" is a community gallery focusing on amateur art and hobbyists and "Art and Sole", the Bracknell art gallery that offers affordable contemporary art by professional artists. Both Galleries are in Charles Square, Bracknell. "Art and Sole" is located upstairs in "Monkey Trading", a great gift shop that's just won some award for being the best of it's kind in the country.
- Bracknell town centre now has two new art galleries, one very amateur gallery hidden away in Bracknell chiropody clinic and one selling some interesting and unusual stuff by professional artists. The second one is upstairs in 'Monkey Trading', which is by that fountain clock in Charles Square.
- south hill park has art galleries. it is the best place in bracknell for alot of things. best place to drink, see bands, e.t.c
- Holme grange farm, just outside Bracknell in Wokingham has a craft shop, art gallery and cafe, a few animals around for lil kiddies too
- South Hill Park, the pretentiousness I can live with but the beer is too expensive. And don't you find the people that keep coming out with French expressions are so bloody Blase'
- South Hill Park. Pukka for Comedy Club and other events.
- South Hill Park is cool. But shame it's in the middle of 'Racknell
- Naughty but nice does great bongs. and body jewellery
- South Hill Park. Anything arty is here, and many craft fair's. Check out the bull in the wall!
- South Hill Park Arts Centre is cool!
- Well...there is the splendour of Bracknell Market. If you are after antique chairs, beutifully woven fabrics, tasty home-made cakes and quaint decorations...then this is not the place for you. However..if you are after a pair of cheap Levi's with holes in, a computer game that dates back to the early 80's, a pirate copy of "Debbie Does Dallas The Revenge" or some greasy, out of date fish..then you need look no further than Bracknell Market. "Harahhh".
- SOUTH HILL PARK, the place 2 B
- Check the middle of Princess Square for loads of little arty farty stalls selling straw dolls, far-out jewellery and other stuff like that.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: S, tim, kariana, Steve Merry, Steve Jones, Vic, sophi, Chris Pearce, Kay Harris, bov, neil, donna, g, Kym Jarvis, pickachu, Groin, adrian Kitachi, Pat, Reggie, caz, Gillian Scott, john lewis, AsH, Rob Mac, Gavin Newby, gus, dbaser, RoRy!!!!, Deb Harris, richard, Ali Gilbert, The Highlander, f1lbee, Hubble, Langdon Jones, Emma Giles, Simon, John Smith, sara, sarah, Rix, Matthew Wakefield, Holty, PETER, Roz F, Julio, Scooby, analisazrc, Dav, justin mansfield, Gerry, joe, Bird, SUNNIE UK, Jo, DeeJay Random, pete, The Ledgend Chris, Phil Johnson, Roy Birkinshaw, Tricky, Dale B, Rob Chin-Yue, ian reynolds, Lauren, ben, Serena, Sam Pearce, Robert Staniford, david wakefield, rebecca woodgates, Keith Milner, Andy, Glynis, KH, Matt, CrackJimmy, Jim, PETER WILLIAMS, K marchant, Dan, Taffy Turner, Steve Ray, Bruce, Mark Pearson, Julia Green, wednesday, Steve Allen, dave, tyger, bekki, gggggggg, none, AL, lullu, nicola pither, TDUB, David Todd, Jim Hendricks, Porter, Justina Jenner, kemi ifeakandu, carla beacham, dave ruddle, C Lewis, Trudy Eperon, j. clarke, Tony Bradley, karen dudeck, Jacco, Heather, andy cent, Pharma808, firstname.lastname@example.org, Alan King, david, Stewart Denew, Kay H, Victoria Harrington, Henry, Mike Taylor, Sarah-Beth Day, tim reynolds, John king, Tony Bellamy, Gillian Rose, John Silver, sam, Simon Mac, mono, Annon, Mickey Labana, generic, Danny, Bixster, Stevie Gee, Dave Parry, Rich Cronk, Lewis, kiethn_uk, pickybugger, incognito, Bella, Phil Donaldson, rob, dave balman, Heather Rose, Liana Rogers, Adam, Dukeofhazard, Abby, Sid, Lee, terry rice, Rob Graham, Hannah, analisa, tattooed dude, jf, R L, ally
Last updated: 2008-06-18
More stuff about Bracknell
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bracknell Knowhere Board