The Worst Things in Bracknell, Berkshire*
The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about Bracknell.
The Worst Things
- how does a essex girl turn the light on after sex ,she opens up the door on the range rover guy speaking a bit further down dont know what talking about i lived in harlow had girlfriends all over essex and had some great times now im basingstoke im thinking set up my own dogging company im totally addicted i gave up drinking started puffing like mad now ive fell into one o f thease intreasts essex was great but roll on hants leigh on sea falling in the estuary police driving around two tree island southend 2am shit whys that interior light on whers the rizla harlow and basildon have got there own style you either fit in or dont well lets hope basingstoke has good times ahead time for joint and get my asse down the pub out here you just need car to get about my new gti no problem electrian in week dogger by nite
- Dave Diamond, what a tosser!
- The Bracknell new-town blues poem:
B is for the BIRCH HILL (Burch 'EEEEL) hard-men who beat up innocent people for no reason and defecate on South Hill Park, R is for the absolutely pathetic RUDEBWOYS who dominate every corner of this shithole! A is for ARSON.... self-explanatory. Especially on the Wildridings. C is for the deranged freaks taking CRACK in the Mount Pleasant flats!! They follow this up by K which represents the dangerously high levels of KETAMINE they take, then go on a robbing spree in town. 'I'ze nicked a size 8 Nike trainer mush. gizzus tenner for it?'. N is for NO HOPE. The grey pebbledash council ousiz of Great Ollands contain dubious residents who call their kids 'Lonsdale' and 'Champagne-Louise'. E is for EROIN. Just look at the state of the people at the Goose 10am on a Tuesday. Double L is for LOW LIFE. When you see a 17 year old wearing a nike TN cap (yes THE nike tn caps from 2003) in a LIME green vauxhall Nova with a 'baydbwoy' exhaust, then you know there's no hope. The tear drop under the eye tattoo and the extra large sovereign rings are catastrophic.
- come to romford 2 white and a b is only 30quid shit nice gear too
- WEAR PROTECTION BRACKNELL IS A LOT WORSE THAN HARLOW OR BASILDON AND US FOLK IN ESSEX ARE BROADMINDED BUT I VISITED AND I WAS SHOCKED PUT 2 ON FOR SAFE MEASURE AND DONT GET INVOLVED WITH THE CRACK PROBLEM SMOKE SOME WEED THAT KEEP YOU SANE THE ROUNDABOUTS ARE TERRIBLE I THOUGHT BASILDON WAS BAD HARLOW IS THE BEST NEW TOWN GIRLS HAVE A LITTLE CLASS AND RESPECT THATS NOT TO SAY IVE NOT HAD GOOD NITES THERE IVE LIVED BRITWELL SLOUGH N LONDON NOW IN ESSEX AND LOOKING FORWARD TO BASINGSTOKE BRACKNELL IS FUN BUT A LITTLE LOUD
- Bit boring and quiet lot of the time which is a double edged sword. But you can make your own entertainment right?
Posh people from nearby lame places like Ascot, Binfield, Wokingham etc putting their noses up at Bracknell.
- being raised there,family not woken up to it!
- we moved away, now live in basingstoke - speaks for itself doesnt it!
- The little bastered who broke into my car and stole my ruddy tax disc!
- It's image and it's full of yoofs in hoodies who think they are cool. Well you're not!
- It has gotten so chav over the past five years
- 27/10/05 One problem, southhill is right next to Waitrose where 'all the 'ard nuts, Birch Hill Crew' hang out with their pathetic excuse for teenage lives revolve. WE, on the other hand, are cool.
- 27/10/05 One problem, southhill is right next to Waitrose where 'all the 'ard nuts, Birch Hill Crew' hang out with their pathetic excuse for teenage lives revolve. WE, on the other hand, are cool.
- all the roads are clogged with traffic all of the time
- I recon you have to have a comparison to make a judgment. I left Bracknell about 12 years ago, and i now live in a REAL hell hole in Northants. I have great memories of Bracknell- Birch Hill, SHP, GT Hollands, EPS(hunted?). Has Bracknell really gone down hill that much in ten years ? ?. I think i`ll aviod going back in case my memories i shot down in flames.
- Groups of kids with really bad attitudes not afraid to attack unprovoked.
- the old people that are convised that any one below the age off 30 must be heroine adicts with 8 kids and a concil house. if you tell someone that there somthing for long enough they will probbly turn in to it. snotty people from binfiled crowthorne and wokingham that complain about how shit bracknell is but still go there all the time mainly to use the college they all seem to dispise.
- The centre is in a bad state! most buildings needs knocking down, and that "extra" bit of High Street with Woolworths on it looks like something from a 1960's slum. PLEASE REVAMP BRACKNELL!
- Point Royal. Just stay away. In fact Bracknell should stay, but the few nice people that live there should go to somewhere nicer. Then we can leave all the people that the nice part of the Bracknell population hate there and jusat fence them in. Result!
- Living there
- townie bums
- heroin addicts. young thugs. teenage mums. the usual.
- It's got a bad reputation as it's the only "new town" in the area, so outsiders (eg. Wokingham) look down on it, and see it as an overspill dump. Bracknell is actually mainly middle class, and is infact the wealthiest new town around London, and indeed the country with very low unemployment. If people from Wokingham saw some areas of other new towns it may be an eye opener for them. Parts of Basildon, Harlow and Milton Keynes look like inner city estates. But the town centre of Bracknell does need to be flattened due to the excess of random concrete blobs and lack of decent shops, pubs or clubs.
- Wokingham is close and is the most stuck up, boring, white, arrogant, judgmental, middle class, middle England hellhole in England (apart from Fleet, Hants maybe)!
- if you want a knife between your shoulder blades then priestwood is the place to be,if u are suicidal try priestwood shops at 6:00-12:00 pm + failing that, try harmanswater shops, notorius for wannbe drug dealers trying to pass of oxo as weed.
- notmuch to do in the even exept get wasted or nick bikes
- the amount of townies and pikeys
- The people who ate claiming Bracknell is rough. The town has a low crime rate and all of the estates contain much below average levels of unempoyment. It shows how sad poeple are and that they really need to get out more....... you dont realise how good you've got it! Although Bracknell was originally a London spillover town and contains a few council estates they are all in pretty good order. Most of Bracknell is now mainly for commuters who live in typical middle class areas. Although Great Hollands is the least salubrious area of town it still has very little problems when comapred to many places nationally (Brixton, Hackney, Bradford), and even locally (look at Whitley in Reading, Chalvey in Slough, and Castlefield in High wycombe)! They are areas which have real problems!
- They demolished the charming old High Street and replaced it with concrete shitholes. The New Town was supposed to be where Rectory Lane is in Easthampstead with the Old Bracknell being left alone but the government changed its mind - bastards!
- Fuel is free - all ya gotta do is hack into someone's fuel line. My car and I lived in Great (not) Hollands for one week too long.
- The sloping headed, cross eyed Neanderthals that always seem to be on the last bus home, the council's current obsession with red tarmac (at the expense of slightly more pressing matters such as the education system and health service)and the sheer mind numbing boredom that comes from living here.
- Soul Less hell hole that keeps dragging me back (mainly to see my mother). The fact if you stay long enough it steals your ambition , and drinve and turns your brain to custard.
- losing all council housing due to said young girls.
- Steve: the rip-off used car dealer who lives in Holbeck
- Anything to do with Firkin and the likes
- hundreds of beer-swilling youths vulture around the great concrete metropolotis called great hollands neighbourhood-centre. the grey flats around here are sic
- The 12 year old mothers with prams that catch you in the back of the leg because they've had one too many vodkas and joints and can't steer the thing anymore. The fact that it's starting to look more like Slough everyday. The bloody awful drivers. No-one wants to stay here. The town centre facilities can't cope and don't meet the requirements of the large town that Bracknell now is. The twats in shell suits (did someone freeze some some where for the residents of Bracknell?). The dickheads who think that being little criminals makes them cool.
- It's a bloody dump and should be bombed. I grew up there and have constantly been trying to stay away for the last 5 years!
- Having to come back.
- Litter,litter everywhere!
- not being able to afford to move house
- how many bloody roundabouts can one town have.........
lack of proper road names......... i get lost everytime i come down there
knowing that it's 90 miles from where i live(which is also a good thing) but it means a 2 hour motorway from hell journey just to get some jiggy jiggy with my bracknell blokie......
and nobody has any fashion sense at all in bracknell!!
- Princess Square
Enid Wood House
All the pubs
All the yobs
All the muliti car parks
- Bracknell is too close to Binfield. Since when has Temple Park being part of Binfield instead of Bracknell where it belongs?
- Two things: Firstly the perception people have of Bracknell. You have only to look at the comments here. In fact a recent survey showed that most people are very contented living here, and do not wish to move. Great Hollands, called 'infamous' on this board is in fact a very quiet and peaceful place to live. I've lived there for 24 years, and the worst thing I have seen is one neighbour shouting at another. And yet for some strange reason it is regarded by some as an undesirable area.
The other bad thing is the town centre, but hopefully that will be sorted over the next few years.
- Great Hollands. A big ugly sess-pit of an estate that breeds the worst of the human race. Kids with knives jacking up heroin doing all kinds of nastyness. Urrgh, it makes me itch just thinking about it.
- all of the teenage mums aged 10-19 who go round in theyre scott coats which are 5 sizes too small for them & they introduce theyre 2 year old babies into smoking. i also hate the pikey/rough family who always go into burger king & spend theyre council benefit on a lump of grease (burgers/chips).
- This is my quaint Bracknell poem:
B is for the Bad estate rebels
R is for the heaps of Rubbish found in the garage blocks
A is for the Acne ravaged youths in maccy d's
C is for the Crown Wood criminals
K is for the recently robbed KFC
N is for Nightingale house (flats) in h,water which r rough
E is for the 50's overspill estate Easthampstead
L is for the Letters to the council from the angered public,due to vandalism
L is for the dirty Litter in the ugly town centre
- cum to bracknell to see an array of teenage mums, drug wars n fights on the estates.
- gettin beaten up by da hard skinhed bouncers outside masquerades.my mate got flashed at by a sick man in wildridings.
- No. 27 Manston Drive. The little bastards torched my car - watch out - now a rather large population know who you are!
- The vast population of townies that populate most of Bracknell. Polite warning to visitors: For your own safety please avoid the town centre of a night in case you become involved in attempted muggings by 12-15 yr old glue sniffers or one of the growing population of people with one arm heavier and longer than the other. You have been warned. Please tread carefully.
- Bracknell was quite obviously set up as a 1960's government experiment to test chemical weapons on the towns population. The effect of these weapons is uniform. The entire population buy XR3i's, have illegitimate children, commit petty street crime and are totally and utterly stupid! (Incidentally this weapon has since been used in Russia and has brought about the collapse of society!)
- More crime than 1930's Chicago.
- The town centre. It needs to be completly demolished and started again. The public Transport, Always late and extremly expensive, perhaps we should invest in Cleaner, cheaper forms of transport. EG Monorail or Trams.
- i was horrified last tuesday. a certain "flasher" on the wildridings subway revealed to me his trueeeee self. i'm in a traumatised state & i saw an article about him in the paper.i went 2 the police, but they didn't caaare cos theyr'e dealing with rapists in point royal.
- Bracknell can be shit but to all the people who say “avoid GT Hollands” have you ever actually been there or lived there? I admit that there are groups of 12-16 year olds who hang around with nothing better to do, because there is nothing better to do! But there are teenagers like this on every estate not just Gt Hollands. The reason it is getting so bad is that Gt Hollands is the biggest estate in Bracknell which has mainly council houses ( a lot of which have now been bought.) there are only a few Council owned houses and Flats left.
- THE TRIPE RIDDEN REDBRICK DECAYING HOUSES ON DA PRIESTWOOD! ITS A NO-GO AREA FULL OF DRUNKEN TWATS WHO PEE IN UR LETTER BOX & NICK ON AVERAGE 6 CARS A DAY, ESPECIALLY ON PRIESTWOOD COURT ROAD!!!!
- ME MATE GOT DRAGGED INTO A COUNCIL HOUSE IN GT HOLLANDS BY 2 SKINHEAD, HARD BRACKNELL DODGERS!! THEY NICKED HIS WATCH & BEAT DA SHIT OUT OF HIM. SO PEOPLE, I ADVISE U NOT 2 WALK DA ESTATE STREETS AT 7PM ONWARDS!
- I WAS STROLLING THROUGH BIRCH HILL & I THEN I SAW AN OLD MAN BEATING HIMSELF UP AT A BUS-STOP. THIS NEWS WAS IN DA PAPERS & I THINK HE WAS SUICIDAL BECAUSE OF ALL DA HARDSHIP WHICH FACES DA RESIDENTS OF THE COUNCIL AREAS OF BRACKNELL.ABOUT 60 BLOODY PERCENT!
- DA GUY FROM BIRCH HILL WHO GETS ON DA BUS FROM SANDHURST IS CALLED DA "SANDHURST HARDMAN". HE WILL DESTROY U IF U TAKE DA MIK OUTTA HIS ESTATE. HE'S PASSIONATE ABOUT DA SICKNESS OF BIRCH HEEEL!!!!!
- EVERYTIME U DRIVE ON MILL LANE UP TOWARDS DA TOWN CENTRE, POINT ROYAL(A TOWER BLOCK) STARES AT U FROM ALL DIRECTIONS. I FEEL TRAUMATISED!!!
- GETTING FOLLOWED BY SLAGS IN GREAT HOLLANDS! ALSO THE HOUSES ON THE ALLEY'S IN THE COUNCIL END (THEY R GREY N SICK)!!!!
- Great Hollands, and how the Council are creating a slum out of estates that use to be very nice
- Traffic, no good shops, bus station, train station
- Mount pleasant flats.Theyr'e not pleasant because the walkways underneath the flats are dark and they smell of piss.I also saw a sleeping bed in a trolley there,(obviously belonging to a homeless person.
- Bracknell is full of townies who beat u up for looking at them, kevs & shazzas. Goths are growing by the thousand and soon everyone in that dump will be one of those slipknot worshiping, black nailvarnish wearing,freaks.It has a HUGE population of sluts and teenage mums.I was walking down charles walk in the town and i saw about 20 teenage mums with prams while they were smoking which probably intoxicated theyre babies. It has it's fair share of freaks who go round acting sad.Don't forget it's dealers who go round saying "do u wanna eighth of puff for a tenner mush?". Don't get personal with these people because 60% of bracknell lives in dodgy council houses.
- A V O I D GREAT HOLLANDS!
- Unfortunately, i got stuck in a lift in point royal.I'm not going in a lift again as i'm traumatised by this plus there were junkies in the lift doing heroin.The fire brigade managed to rescue us 30 mins later and some shits nicked my metro when i returned.As i got the bus home i saw kids vandalising flats on wildridings and they threw eggs at the bus.
- The 7 storey town-centre flats.It's an eysore and the lower windows on it have wire mesh on it to protect the thugs from smashing it.I've entered it and i had to dodge the used needles on the floor and the used condoms.
- i got terrorised on the easthampstead estate because i got followed by an old junkie who cried "Berkshire born, Berkshire bred, soft in the arm and soft in the head".He had a joint in his mouth and he was heading in the direction of the tower block.
- it's a 60's & 70's catastrophe. The town centre is ridiculosly ugly with all of it's 60's style panneling on most of the buildings. It's got the most pregnant 15 year olds in the world. The charles centre is really bad along with a badly planned town centre. The ring, it's a one way crappy ring road with ugly service yards dotted along it.
- the concrete metropolis called great hollands and it's run-down shopping area.
- the demented teenagers situated on green hill every night they swarm there like vultures to disturb the neighbours they are mouthy little shits.
- Has to be said....the drugs scene!!!!Not the best way to head in to a new Bracknell the police need to do something about it and fast!!!!Also lack of entertainment for people over 18.(unless you are very sad and frequent the ice rink on a friday nite or masqueraddes.!!!!)
- The price of car parking.
Twin Bridges roundabout, which is quite possibly the worst designed roundabout in history and easily the most congested one in the UK.
- Honeywell Control Systems Ltd. The company which likes to say go. On a downward slide since 1995. Run by accountants who know the cost of everything and the value of nothing. Protect the bottom line at all times. Reduce cost (resource) don't worry about the poor sods who buckle under the stress.Give the customer little or nothing. A great short term strategy. Keep up the good work Colin (if you have survived).
How are you Bobykins, still licking arse?
Honeywell murged with Allied Signal.The Chief Executive Officer of Honeywell Inc. and his Italian sidekick are being investigated by the American authorities with reference too insider dealing. So much for preaching ethics. Now the whole concern is about to be gobbled up by General Electric. Is this in the interest of the people?
- The unmarried mothers age 14 - 25 who seem to think everyone owes them a living, and why does the council plonk them in decent residential areas? Wouldn't they all be better on one estate, that way at least social services would be able to keep to budgets, saving on petrol etc., and all the poor "at risk" babies would be easier to access. This will keep the rest of us that work for a living, away from the fights, drug-taking, children out of control, parties all night every night, drug pushing. The "old Bill" would also know where to look for stolen goods being fenced! Worth a thought!
- That its okay to wear stone washed denim jeans and white socks on a Saturday afternoon shopping.
That even after moving away (10 years)i can still meet people from school who have been nowhere and done nothing and dont care!!
- The town centre is in a crisis and drastically needs redeveloping and if it takes as long as six years the inhabitants would have all moved elsewher by then.
- Why oh Why is Bracknell Forest Council advocating getting everyone out of their cars and onto cycles? In the past year I have been run over twice whilst walking to work along Larges Lane - once by a silly old git with a saddle bag and he didn't even say sorry and again by a soppy kid of approximately 13 who was on a bike too big for her, with brakes that were so stiff she couldn't pull them and a soppy hard hat which, when she did come to a halt she head butted me with!!!! come on BFBC sort it out... if you want people on bikes then provide cycle paths immediately..... and educate parents and kids that doing 30 mph on a mountain bike on a footpath will one day cost you a smack in the mush!!
- Bracknell is the single teenage mum capital of Britain and it's estimated that by the year 2010 the average age of a grandparent in the area will be 28.4 years.
Having to keep quiet in the office in front of Bracknellites who think it's a tremendous place.
- the water treatment plant is between the warren and martins heron. dont buy a house there cos it stinks. forest park is far enough away to be safe from the stench.
- The amount of boy racers tearing up and down the Harmans Water Road every weekend all night! Where are "Old Bill????????
- Is it really necessary to have 64 000 bloody roundabouts in 1 town ?!!
- The afore mentioned little shits go anywhere they can to lay their hands on parts for their "ultra cool " cars - namely multi storey car parks or your driveway.
- The strange smell from Forest Park sewage treatment plant that hits you on warm evenings (somebody light a match).
- The "Ring"
- The whole place is a bit soul-less. It's a bit like Stevenage (only much nicer).
- Trying to find somewhere to live for less than £300pcm. Even a cardboard box is more than that in Bracknell.
- Nowhere nice to eat. Used to be only the Berni Inn, and then that closed, so now there's only a Pizza Hut.
- If you're over 15, you're not a criminal, it takes more than dull Hollywood movies to entertain you, and drinking with Sharon and Kev down the local doesn't appeal: there's absolutely nothing to do.
- The thieving little bastard who nicked my sister's car stereo from off the drive of our house.
- It's a windy place.
- The speed camera that has sprung up right outside Simpsons on the ring-road (tucked neatly behind a road sign).
- Parties at the Bracknell Police Station Social Club. Bag 'O' Shite.
- The smell from the 'water treatment plant' that is in Forest Park or one of those other estates. On warm, late-summer evenings the aroma is distinctive and only vaguely nauseating. Well done Bracknell - another thing to be proud of. At least I didn't buy a house there.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: S, tim, kariana, Steve Merry, Steve Jones, Vic, sophi, Chris Pearce, Kay Harris, bov, neil, donna, g, Kym Jarvis, pickachu, Groin, adrian Kitachi, Pat, Reggie, caz, Gillian Scott, john lewis, AsH, Rob Mac, Gavin Newby, gus, dbaser, RoRy!!!!, Deb Harris, richard, Ali Gilbert, The Highlander, f1lbee, Hubble, Langdon Jones, Emma Giles, Simon, John Smith, sara, sarah, Rix, Matthew Wakefield, Holty, PETER, Roz F, Julio, Scooby, analisazrc, Dav, justin mansfield, Gerry, joe, Bird, SUNNIE UK, Jo, DeeJay Random, pete, The Ledgend Chris, Phil Johnson, Roy Birkinshaw, Tricky, Dale B, Rob Chin-Yue, ian reynolds, Lauren, ben, Serena, Sam Pearce, Robert Staniford, david wakefield, rebecca woodgates, Keith Milner, Andy, Glynis, KH, Matt, CrackJimmy, Jim, PETER WILLIAMS, K marchant, Dan, Taffy Turner, Steve Ray, Bruce, Mark Pearson, Julia Green, wednesday, Steve Allen, dave, tyger, bekki, gggggggg, none, AL, lullu, nicola pither, TDUB, David Todd, Jim Hendricks, Porter, Justina Jenner, kemi ifeakandu, carla beacham, dave ruddle, C Lewis, Trudy Eperon, j. clarke, Tony Bradley, karen dudeck, Jacco, Heather, andy cent, Pharma808, email@example.com, Alan King, david, Stewart Denew, Kay H, Victoria Harrington, Henry, Mike Taylor, Sarah-Beth Day, tim reynolds, John king, Tony Bellamy, Gillian Rose, John Silver, sam, Simon Mac, mono, Annon, Mickey Labana, generic, Danny, Bixster, Stevie Gee, Dave Parry, Rich Cronk, Lewis, kiethn_uk, pickybugger, incognito, Bella, Phil Donaldson, rob, dave balman, Heather Rose, Liana Rogers, Adam, Dukeofhazard, Abby, Sid, Lee, terry rice, Rob Graham, Hannah, analisa, tattooed dude, jf, R L, ally
Last updated: 2013-06-07
More stuff about Bracknell
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bracknell Knowhere Board