Skateboarding Spots in Brighton, East Sussex*
Skate parks, street spots, waxed curbs, stairs, steps, handrails, skate ramps
You can tell us more about Brighton.
- The Level
- The peace gardens up the road from church-hill square is good for beginners, the path is nice and smooth so you can go quite fast, there is a small bend and a long bend to go around, plus two long straights and some steps to go over, I'm only a beginner but I've been there a few times and it's a good place to practice, oh yeah and there's lots of grass to practice tricks on.
- Good skate park on the Level, skater-friendly.
- Good skate park on the Level, skater-friendly.
- Brighton Youth Centre Indoor Skate Park - Edward Street. It has Flat banks, quater pipes, grind rail, fun boxes. It has a cool chill out room with skateboard DVDs and tunes. Friendly skater staff. http://www.communigate.co.uk/sussex/byc/page5.phtml
Brentwood Road Skatepark, Hollingbury - Brighton's secret skate park. Metal quater pipes, flat banks and fun box. Good for beginners. Hidden away behind the football field. I heard rumors about it for ages before I tracked it down a year after moving to brighton.
- america exspress building. there a lot of stair sets that range from 2s to like 15s. more gd fun if u dont get told to bugger off.
- hove town hall. just beyond palmiera square. there is a 3 nd 4 set that is good fun. also behind it there is this part of ground where its risen up 2 form a box almost. gd fun. there is quite a lot there
- the marina there is sooo much. there r some legde behind the asda that r fun nd on top of the carpark is another good skate. its just a good time
- the pool next to the west peir has been filled in and is super smooth manual boxes a built daily and rails brught down also a man hole kicker is always fun. most of the people their are really friendly
- Outside Churchill square shopping
- The level is definetly that place
- The Sussex and Brighton universities are brilliant and has a huge areas of drop offs, dirt jumps and stair sets, check it out
- The Level
- The park as you drive into brighton from the west......you just kinda come across it on the left as you get into brighotn......
quarter todriveway with round rail, next to a box with rail down it leading to flat bank.
there's a curved grindbox and over the other side of the park, big quarter with sub box next to smaller quarter leading to mogul and pyramid driveay leading to hipped (ish) flatbanks......
rough surface in places, not a bad park though. and by this bar called the easy bar (in the town) there's a nice looking 16 set with loads of run up and okay looking landing......and some 5/6 sets (I think) nbext to that with rails.......When I nail the 16 set I'll let you know how it felt hohoho..............ahem........
- there is an amazing indoor sheltered spot very near Trafalgar street is is a carpark for a fitness club it has a metre high drop and a sloping waxed up curb very good for technical skating
- Try out this place. Above the sealife center (near burger king)there is a cool flight of stairs to jump, and couple of '2 steps' which is alright to jump or stall, plus the surface is great. Daffy (Leppard)
- Brand new park sponsored by Liptons ice tea - Right in front of the pier, this park is only open for the summer. Well worth checking out if you are in the area
- The sewers. i know that sounds weird but they're really good. There are things like kickers down there and humps. Don't ask me how i found out. You can get in there
- The ramshackle skatepark- though I don't know where it is I found it by luck.
Some perv was filing kids there too.....mmmm.
Urm drive way with flat rail (falling apart) with driveay next to it with a flat bank step onto the top and a high double rail down it (steep) and a mellow quarter hip, leading to a quarter pipe with a huge hole in it and a sub box. Manual box (failling apart) next to driveway, over the other side of the quarter is a flatbank (not bad, doesnt line up with smaller driveway though) with a quarter next to it leading to a partially completed mogul and hipped driveway with grindbox (still at rafter stage) leading to REALLY steep, semi hipped flatbanks.......oh and a curved grindbox by the manual box......
that's about it.............
It wass good to skate, the floor is a little orugh in places and full of hordes of young poncy haired little emo boy skaters who wanna look like geoff rowley but nevermind aye?
Not a bad park all in all.
- the level
- the roofs (above the market by the ocean rooms) are the best street spot but its almost impossible to climb up there now because the wall is falling off!!!
the Level is about the only place to skate. If you wanna skate street just ask someone down there where the spots are
- thistle hotel round the back used to be sweet. car parks are always good.
- The monument at the back of the old churchill square and down the back steps/escalator behind the old churchill square where Tesco was.
- down blakers park down the ramp by the tennis courts
- The lev.
churchill square carpark at night.
the seafront on a sunny day-nothing nicer
hove park for some downhill
- Next to the NCP car park theres a drop-in ledge with 2 or 3 kinks.Thistle hotel has 3 set and short ledges.
- Bartholomew Square attracts some skate kids. There's also the mini skate park at the Level. And the B&Q carpark on Lewes Road is a pretty nice flat surface too for summer evenings.
- On a rainy evening after 8pm the covered carpark under the sainsburys on Lewis Road is now being populated by skaters. Plenty of silly little kerbs, bumbs ect to keep you amused for a few hours.
- The level justinland of the pavillion, Preston park and also the car park at BHASVIC has some nice ledges as long as you look old enough to be a student!
- The level mini-ramp has been resurfaced and the tomb widened. The tarmac has been redone with a really smooth concrete. New launchbox, spine box, pyramid, flatbank and quarterpipe. MAY I JUST INFORM YOU THAT THIS PARK IS NOT ANCIENT ANYMORE IT IS SICK FROM AN INLINE SKATER, BRIGHTON
- Skate Spot- Yea, between the piers and in the old paddling pool. There also building new features down at the front, but the locals get annoyed if you skate on it.
- Just file them away.
- On the seafront between the piers. On Hove Lawns (it annoys the grannys). The Level. Park just inland from The Pavilion: Ancient council skatepark. Used to have a monster vert ramp. But that's gone. Mini-ramp replaced in the summer of 95. Brighton's skate scene is one of the oldest in Britain, so what's happening now????
- You can now hire rollerblades from the top seafront promenade just opposite the West Pier.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jeff Baker, roger ledsham, WD-40, Carmen, arachni_name), Les, kerry, JamieL, Valach, neil, (select convert(int,CHAR(65))), Iain Davidson, JuneWhite, dug, Jam, clare, Richard Jess, catherine hume, Martin Wilkins, Rich, megan, Haydn, Tony Derrington, John G, kate, Rowly Emmett, Shelley Swillingham, Nick Wock, Andy Kybett, alison guile, Jon Deacon, Andy Martin, \, Lex, mastre j, kris, Paul Williams, 1'", busty sincalir, Jeff, iggy, arachni_name, Dom Martin, AJ, Tim Jones, greg james, krsanlir, John Quail, @@dPCVO, neil barstow, Martin Bennett, Liam, 1 À§À¢, Marianne Sheppard, Sadie Phillips, Lee Bowman, kt, lod formani, sarah, Joshua Taylor, Gerry Slater, Trevor, jwashington, paul clark, Mr M, Diana, jstrong, helen, lee swaysland, bibidybob, nick, alan, Ilker Pozan, Antony Yendor, Mark J, gardner arts, maestro_179, carly bryant, Paul Bradley, firstname.lastname@example.org, moj, nial westwood, ukmale42, Alex, td, Sam, Jo, dave white, simon jackson, ltivcouq, pete, lezen, David Watts, Johnathan Reynolds, Brighton Fusion, arachni_name"'`--, Martin Lawrence, Roland, Simon Trenter, parkour, Cat, mogz, dam, Jodie May, Allan Ang, Annoying Cunt, Calvin, Tex, Johanna, Myf, Michelle-Louise, Helen Brown, josi, Louise Windsor, Simon Sapon, John Gardner, chris heath, Craig Roberts, Will, Andrew Hirst, Alison Phipps, Matt, Lor, paul riley, Ronnie72, paul b, Rockin56, Ali, Daffy, Emma, jojo, emily, stephentedsmith, lardy1, dave, Rys, mike_said!, Elaine, Eleanor van Emden, robert fordham, Scott, Russ Barr, Dave Cooper, GrumpyOldPunk, Oliver, Dead Uncle Bob, Martyn Jones, steve, richard g, Roger Hall, JyI=, Paul, zoe walsh, andrew fisk, Lucy Cunningham, pat popov, Liquorman, David, pp, Info at Interact, Paul Briggs, Jameoid, laura h, nuala, Eled, mark robson, Brighton Pub Jury, May Everett, Toby Hammond, likl kev, Quentin, Tony, Vibeman, Steve Freedman, brett, Trev, Angela Rice, Garage Studios, Frank Pembleton, dan, Dave Strong, Emmeline, j, mr.m, habbably, Richard Blackmore, Peter Scholefield, starlover, pip, sally ann, mikpqay, Granny, oh max, saint, Jack, jimjim, generic, ed, Tim Powell, H-drive, Danny, ð''ð"", Geoff Wiltshire, Nigel Lockwood, jaz, Russell, jade yesilyurt, Gustav, Michael Wimbish, M Johnstone, TIV-BMX, jennine Reader, BadPeter, ben stringer, Andrew Williams, Munken, andy, Karen Poulton, Tracey, ¿'¿", charlie, Sood, Chipjenkins, freecannabis, Michelle, Michael Sayers, Chris Maley, Boris, Stephen Virgo, robbie w
Last updated: 2018-02-24
More stuff about Brighton
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Brighton Knowhere Board