Record Shops in Bristol, Bristol*
The places where you buy your music
You can tell us more about Bristol.
- Down town
- Uncle Sam's on Park Street has a few good finds if you snap them up.
- There is no Woolworths, no longer is there a replay records or anything else on park street really, fopp maybe, does anyone buy music thesedays!?
- Good record shops are any little ones you find that arnt part of a chain... well i think there kl anywey.
- Fopp on park street and whiteladies road have a diverse mix of videos cds dvds... and quite often they charge a fiver! eg. i bought donnie darko
- If you want some vintage stuff go to st nicks market indoor or outdoor both have got stalls for music, and then theres fopp bottom of park street on a side rd
- Rooted Records, Glocester Road, Bristol.
- Rubber Soul, Old Market. Everything from 50s Rock and Roll to 70s/80s new wave.
- Fopp suck the cock. But they are very cheap. R.I.P. Imperial...
- Great new record shop opened in Clifton Arcade hidden right at the back. Sells a really eclectic mix and has some great old vinyl and new-ish cd's
- Fopp on parkstreet. Its the best for underground.
- Fopp, Park Street. Great records at really cheap prices, and some cool posters and books aswell. Old CD's and new ones aswell! Yay!
- Fopp all the way baby. About half way up Park Street it is stuffed full of ace bargains. Good for vids, dvd's, books and Vinyl too. Best shops for Vinyl are on Gloucester Road / Stokes Croft though.
- fopp an replay on park street
- 2004: Fopp on Park Street, also Replay. There are a couple of places on Gloucester Rd that have a bigger selection of vinyl
- FOPP! is amazin - cheap as fuk
- FOPP is the best and the others in Park Street
- Fopp is the best record shop in Bristol now, no contest. Replay once held that honour, but since it decamped from the Bus Station area onto Park Street, the staff seem to have got thicker, ruder and less able to keep a healthy stock of anything other than dire NME-recommended trash. Always empty nowadays. Shame.
- Replay St James Barton round-about good punk stuff
- Rooted at the beginning of Gloucester Road has to be the best dance shop in Bristol. HUGE range of drum and bass, hip hop, garage etc and the staff have never been anything but friendly and helpful.
- B A N G B A N G records on Colston St. have really sorted me out! Loads of tunes in the racks and female friendly! I buy new House & some Techno & Breaks and they really know their suff. Highly RECOMMENDED.
- bang bang, replay and fopp all have a good selection of underground dance music - and the former has very helpful staff
- fop on park street seems good, decent prices and helpful staff
- bangbang now online-please check our new website: house/breaks/trance/hard house/techno/funk,soul & disco classics/dj merchandise. world wide mailorder service. Fast, friendly & efficient .
- Can anyone tell me a decent place to buy vinyl after the demise of Revolver Records?
- Virgin Megastore is the shit! But Check out Gloucester road For, 'Plastic Wax Records and Rooted Record's. And Bang Bang on Colston Street.
- replay (park street), imperial (park street), breakbeat culture (between park street + park row), fopp (park street)... (you get the picture!)
- Revolver - Rog and Mat will ensure that you never get what you went in for but you will always purchase whatever they recommend; and it will become your favourite album.
- Backyard is the realest, mcs and djs on saturday afternoons too.
Imperial's good too.
- REVOLUTION IN STAPLE HILL BRISTOL IS ONE OF THE BEST PLACES TO GET ALL THE NEW RECORDS AND HAS A LARGE SELECTION AND IS RUN BY A DJ SO HE ALSO SHOWS YOU THE TOP TUNES YOU HAVENT HEARD.
- Plastic Wax Records, Cheltenham Road. A 5 minute bus ride from the centre.
- Rayner's on Park street -good for lots of cheap stuff that you wouldn't find in other places
- replay, they sell good quality second hand stuff really cheap. worth a look.
- Replay records haymarket ask for pongo
- ere - you wanna go down plastic wax by the arches on gloucester rd for your records
- Plastic Wax in Old Market, though come to think of it they've been closed for years
- replay, park street - good for gig tickets
- Imperial Records - ace, very friendly, knowledable staff. If you go regualarly you'll get an automatic 10% discount on future purchases!
- replay, rival
- Replay records on Park Street and in town
- Purple Penguin record shop, Colston St. Essential
- Replay & Replay Dance - The best independant record shops in Bristol.
Replay Records - Under the (architecturally sound, not) Victoria bus station. EXCELLENT second hand section.
- Music Stop - Cheap!
- Plastic Wax - Cheap, massive stock of 2nd hand vinyl.
- The best (and cheapest) record shop is Revolver on the Triangle, not bloody Replay. It comes in for another vote as "Best record shop in the country - provided you despise major labels"
- Giant, Perry Road - most Bristol DJs (and vinyl junkies) stop here (several times a week) for the freshest sounds on vinyl (domestic and import). Rivaling "Replay" for Drum n' Bass/Jungle and Techno, the quality of Garage and House is sans pareil. Hint: Ask - Some of the newest stuff doesn't make it to the shelves.
- Bang Bang, Colston street (formerly Time Is Right) run by Mike Shawe has the biggest club tunes on the racks. If it was in the MixMag update you might find it here.
- Rival X3
- Virgin Megastore.
- Wasn't the brilliant Sarah Records (indie label) based in Bristol until a few years ago when it went out of business (bankrupt?)??? Legendary!!!
- No such place as 'St James Circle' in Bristol - I guess they mean St James Barton. All the shops there now closed for redevelopment.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jon H, Caeli, richard hopehawkins, toby, Happychopper, jjjjj, simon, sharyn november, charles, gaz, Lucy, Tim Weekes, Chris, BearsChoice, firstname.lastname@example.org, Jeffrey, martin kinsell, em, keef, Bazza, somebody, ian french, Roisin, Lisa Haines, Faye, Julia Morton, Emma Burton, Frances, Tanya, steve vowles, Matt Colton, Bunny hop, hazel fletcher, scott, dirtyron, katie, Jude, john mccarthy, munchies, claire Finbow, Kned, Paul J, deb, matthew simpson, Bobbie, sarah, John Nichols, rusty, anna clark, grr, rose anglim, Natalie Vincini, matt warnes, rb, CLEMENTS, notimportant, Barry Berry, simon plater, Joseph M ( MagicJ), Eric, Phil Gyford, cccc, Nny, Shaw, Mike, matt, General, The Spiv, me, Paul Woods, timmy, Chris Gleave, Tim Kelly, Richard Hawes, Ron Coulter, ric, Glen, stan, Dougal, Toby Spence, Mo, Billy no mates, jonesey, Fiona Hamilton, Jo Thorne, Alexander Smith, lisa groves, jo, nine, minow, justin worland, tara, Andy, Mark Walter, kayley, Mckenzie, PAUL JOHNSON, Nev, David Legg, amelia, William Canynge, kim, craig, Eddie, Kelly, Tony Hobden, simon webbe, jim, Daisy, Matt Brooks, Jim Hart, henry shaftoe, Dave MacLean, Miles, Koert DuBois, HAYDN, James, Rol, dave, martian hesse, Mark Howell, frankie, Mirrorkool, lou, Kat, paul alexander, danny jones, Nick, Mike Hennessey, Paul, Jon Wisbey, carla bartlett, Greg, gimp, max uhlein, George Kallias, Annoyed, Amy, stealth, karen thorpe, Ron Barraclough, anon, Tanya Gardiner, Martin Wilkie, WILL RICHMOND, Martine, noone, cerdrick, joe wheeler, dan, Dave Andrews, sophie smart, lydia, g.jefferies, Angela Mosimann, ro322ck, ian, Penny, Soph, Richard Hope-Hawkins, Kevin McGrath, rcst, Josie Fagan, Skip Cox, sam, Jon Allbon, Antony Shepherd, Richard McGill, generic, laurie harrod, Danny, Tilly, James Hewson, Jane Hudson, Napalm, redbanana, joey, Paddy Smith, Elaine Hopkins, jon white, Choosri, Fay, no name, Rachel, brutstool, Johnny Death, Bunny, fred, Michelle, Janner, Hannah, Rob, Jon Morgan, dj.ginsters, John, evie, Ian Wilson, bob, deL, angela, Steve
Last updated: 2014-07-03
More stuff about Bristol
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bristol Knowhere Board