Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Camborne, Cornwall*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Camborne.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Why is it that no-one seems to be making music in camborne anymore? Or are you all just too cool to be filed under the town's infamous name! The list of past movers and shakers are as follows, (the ones I can remember anyway, not all strictly Camborne bands but including people from the town);
Blair 1523, The Krays, The Family Cat, Pink Parasol and Rembrandt. Does anyone remember, (or would want to) any of these bands?
- bruce townslie(drummer from mentaporta)
ben clarke(extreme adventure hero) also a stand in for arnie in terminator 2.
- I'm sure I heard that Rory McGrath had the good fortune to be brought up in Illogan
- Richard Trevithick- invented steam engines
- Why has no-one mentioned Richard Trevithck?
It's his fault that i had to dance around the town with a baby's bonnet on my head!!
- Richard Trevithick, inventor of locamotive engine
- Philip Schofields brother used to run a record shop in Camborne. It's not there anymore, though.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: jim bob, Maizie, kelly, joanna hunter, mike hunt, Wendy Frankcom, anone, Antony, antony maners, george harris, kamen, matt, baulk chris, generic, terry, lauren bobabo, samantha lawrence, louise hart, kathe, lorna, Benita Ellis, AWC, Stephen Parkinson, Leonard Adams, p.collins, Paul, ellen stringer, Shaun Harry, Martin Brewer, Tim Walters, A, Antony Manners, Gareth Hart, lorna bumtit, bob, CL
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Camborne
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Camborne Knowhere Board