Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Caversham, Berkshire*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Caversham.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Coronation streets maxine
Tracy shaw lives in kidmore road the big house by the alley way near richmond road.
- DEREK BUCKLER, who, in 1946, designed the first Buckler sports car at his home, 85 Woodcote Road. Over 300 Buckler cars were eventually made at Bucklers of Reading, 67 Caversham Road and also at their works in Crowthorne. He was also to produce the first chassis for Brabham Racing Cars and was involved in many other similar projects. A number of Buckler cars are still on the road, both in Britain and overseas and The Buckler Register was formed to trace the cars and their heritage and to get owners together. More information on http://groups.msn.com/BucklerCars
- Dr Richard Hinds who emigrated to The Swan River Colony ( now Perth Western Australia) in 1837 and gave the name of Caversham Rise to the 1452 acre allotment of land he purchased on the western bank of the Swan River north of Guildford, WA.
His main claim to fame as far as I can tell is that he may have been the person responsible for the construction of the converted stable I am currently living in.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: rob whittle, Stevie G & Danny C, Emma Jones, Denemen Canterbrand, Ian Grant, Richard Watt, Olwen Roy, generic, jax milton, wellcoolbuds, Nicolas Pengilley, Malcolm, Beldon Bensley, Bunny
Last updated: 2009-11-15
More stuff about Caversham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Caversham Knowhere Board