Live Music Venues in Caversham, Berkshire*
Live sounds in a garage, pub, park or stadium
You can tell us more about Caversham.
Live Music Venues
- We like the Millers Arms. We've been there on the odd occasion when there has been live music, and it's been great. We know others who go and love it. You get a good mix of musical styles, personality and humour with a light hearted touch. The music is usually of a standard you would expect from experienced musicians. Even the less experienced seem to take the mic with nothing less than enthusiasm, and are indeed encouraged to do so.
Of course it might not be everyone's cup of tea, I would not imagine for an instant that a hardened street rapper would spend more than three seconds there, by the same token you wouldn't find many Miller folks in RG1's.
Differing opinions aside, if you want a light and simple weekday evening of **FREE** entertainment, then the Millers Arms is it.
- If you're into stuffy old bearded men who are serious about their music but aren't actually any good at it, then go to the Millers Arms every other Wednesday night. It's crap but entertaining nevertheless, particularly if you're with friends and you've all been drinking and smoking weed, it will crack you up. The organisers actually think they are professional musicians but really they're just bitter old hasbeens hanging on to whats left of their dreams of stardom. It's a bit sad, and they don't allow new, younger amatuers to have a go. The only good ones are those who dare to wander from the folk and country theme, because that's all that the organisers can play, badly!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: rob whittle, Stevie G & Danny C, Emma Jones, Denemen Canterbrand, Ian Grant, Richard Watt, Olwen Roy, generic, jax milton, wellcoolbuds, Nicolas Pengilley, Malcolm, Beldon Bensley, Bunny
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Caversham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Caversham Knowhere Board