Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Chalfont, Buckinghamshire*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Chalfont.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Actually, Ozzy used to live down the road from us in White Lion Road (Us, Nightingales Corner), before he got famous (again...) frequenting the White Lion, before re-hitting it big on MTV etc and moving to "Posh" St Giles. Worth noting St Peters has one of the best curry houses in the country.
- no idea
- Angelina Joli lives nearby with her new hubby Brad Pitt.
- Liam Gallagher (Oasis),Richard Ashcroft (Verve) and Noel Gallagher (Oasis) have drunk in Pouchers. Robert Linsey (My Family) has been spotted walking in the high street.
- Chalfont St Peter's a bit too downmarket for celebs, who tend to head for the bling-bling delights of Gerrards Cross. Chalfont St Giles on the other hand has a sprinkling of minor celebrities. Oh, and John Milton wrote Paradise Lost there.
- Robert Pires leaves near by, Noel form Oasis, Shane Ritchie, Steve from Eastenders/Spandau Ballet
- Dave James, author of West Australian historical book 'Climb When Ready', once delivered papers down Burtons Lane in the Little Chalfont area - he's barely known by anybody in Western Australia, so he wouldn't be remembered by anybody down Burtons Lane!
- Priscilla White (sorry, Cilla Black) lives down towards Denham
Paul Daniels and the lovely Debbie McGee used to live up near the airfield
Robert Palmer's ex wife (80's rock/pop singer) lived in Chalfont Heights
John Laurie (Pvt Fraser, the Scottish guy in Dads Army) lived in the Heights too. (Dads Army - The Film version) was shot in Chalfont St Giles
Zoe Ball (radio/TV presenter, daughter of Johnny Ball) went to school at the Convent
Shola Ama (pop/soul singer) had some kind of connection
Ozzie Osbourne (wierd rock artist) lives up in Welders Lane
...and one of Hale and Pace lives here too, but dunno which one.
- Lewis Collins
- John Milton escaped the Plague in Chalfont St.Giles
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Mark John, da youf, Andrew Weatherby, Annie, chalfont boy, steph, dan, S. Morris, Choosri, jamie, Andrew, Chris, S.Morris, jade, Thamian, Olivia, Tim Dunn, generic, pam, Kate Warrender, amy
Last updated: 2012-08-28
More stuff about Chalfont
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Chalfont Knowhere Board