The places where you buy your music
You can tell us more about Cheltenham.
- HMV is getting worse every time I visit and rise is turning into a clothes shop
- try tewkesbury market wednesdays and saturdays for traditional and irish country cds
- The Vinyl basement
- There is a record shop called Souljah Records,above Scarramouch 2-3 henrietta street,around the corner from Badlands Records.This record shop sells rare and deleted dance music from drum n bass,hip hop, to trance and house...there are endless crates of dance vinyl to explore ...plus a small studio where you can listen before you buy...highly recommended.
- Badlands no longer have a vinyl department....and martian records has closed down...hmv stock one shelf of vinyl..
- The record shop is open all day every Saturday for sale or exchange of quality vinyl - opposite the Norwood Arms at 7 Shurdington Road - large selection of vinyl from 50p - Come and see us!!
- The Best Place for Vinyls in Cheltenham at the moment is Vinyl Vaults, next to the Taylors Pub, Vinyl Vaults has a sweet collection of vinyls for £1 each in the doorway, which is below street level by the way and then inside there is a nice little collection, although not the best I've seen, at the back there is a gothic clothing selection.
Meanwhile the current best shop for Rock/Metal CD's is Martian Records on the High St. Next to MacDonalds, with highly helpful staff, and it has at least one or two different albums of any band you would wish to buy a CD of, they also sell a decent range of band t-shirts, not the usual rubbish and I believe they sell tickets for the nearby 2 Pigs concerts for a discounted price.
Badlands is a little hard to find, it's in a road connecting the high st. with the library, it's...OK not as good as it previously once was, but if yah want some typical trance vinyls go upstairs.
Virgin Megastores is next to WHS Smiths, don't bother Megastore is an over statement HOWEVER, it's possibly the ONLY High St. Store in cheltenham that sells sheetmusic for a relatively decent price.
HMV for once isn't too bad in Cheltenham it has a fair range of music especially indie and pop, but alas like many places it seriously lacks in the metal range.
- I have recently opened a record shop in Cheltenham. Detaisl below:
The record shop, 7 Shurdington Road, Cheltenham Spa, Gloucestershire
Come and see us!
- Badlands, although it has sold out as the years have gone by.
- Badlands, really good counter staff, great trips to Springsteen
- martian records on the old hi street.
- Martian Records, great music and even greater bargins.
- badlands and martian definately the best record shops in town if you want something specific 9 times out of 10 you'll find it there and they're really great in their. vinyl is by far the best for vinyls though
- there is a wicked store opposite tescos metros, tad expensive but wicked...can't remember the name of it though...sorry...
- hmv is great!!
- well there's hmv, virgin, suprisingly whsmiths not that bad and thats all i can think of right now!
- Badlands for the person who knows what they're doing, Martian Records for most bands, plus they do t-shirts and stuff, and the dude there used to play in Supergrass.
- Martians are definitely the cheapest for brand new alternative music (not imports). All new records £9.99.
- virgin,mvc in beechwood arcade
- Badlands,left turn off the lower high street, Vinyl Vaults, Cambray Place. Martian Records, Lower high st (that's if it's still open)
- HMV. Yep. People say that HMV aisnt the place to go for records, but the Cheltenham branch has an amazing showcase of uplifting Trance, progressive dance in general, big beat, trip hop... the lot. Highly recommended.
- Martian records situated on the lower high street across from wilkinsons, and of course, Badlands.
- HMV, Badlands ,virgin, MVC
- Been going to Badlands, St Georges Place for about 12 years now, just recently started using Martian Records, Lower High St. near McDonald's (many new CD's @ £9.99). Otherwise you can use HMV or Virgin if you wanna be ripped off.
- Martian Records - Lower High Street
Chemical Records - Off Lower High Street
- Martian Records- it's cheap and they have a wide selection; R n B, Rock, Metal, Chart. Most of their Cds are £10 or less too. Otherwise, MVC is always good.
- Chemical Records - house, trance and most importantly dnb. Phat little shop.
- Browsers Paradice!!!
- Badlands-no contest
- Badlands does it all - great choice, competitive prices and friendly, knowledgable staff, i definitely recommend it. Otherwise HMV or Virgin when theyve got one of their '5 for £30'-type deals going.
- MVC for cheap cd's,Browsers in Cambray Place for second-hand bargains,Martian record for chart/second-hand.
- Martian records (down the high street) sell a lot of records, cds etc. very cheaply.
- Badlands is pretty cool and Chemical records.
- HMV & Virgin are quite bigger and better stocked than Gloucester.
Not looked hard enough for real record shops.
- Badlands is the best (lots of vinyl) Cheltenham's premier independant record store. (Longplayer's gone.)
- Trancey and ambient stuff available from Mystique (across the road from Boots)
- HMV is the best one in town, extremely helpful knowledgable staff and the best selection of 12 inches around. They also have decks to listen on.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: ju, Alan Lewis, martin, Julian Wellings, ellen, (select convert(int,CHAR(65))), Glosskater, nicky, Chris, andrew martin, Stu, Roger, udcnsqsg, Slates, Baby Biker, tykee, Jake, Toby Lewis, abbi, alex, linz, \, chris hill-scott, Steph, Andy's Skate Shop, Bridges, Morgan , nic, 1'", Steven Matthews, Gisselle, C, adam, krsanlir, Anita Goodier, matt leitch, Peter Byrd, Craig Davies, Em, Mentski, Sar, Neil, Simon, 1 À§À¢, juliet, sarah, Mel, Ian Anderson, Ben Fardon, beth, Alex Sass, Kel, suzie, Ben Owen, mike, kamikazebarfly, Skate Dude, Bill., squiredangly, Emily Cole, @@1sf7M, Adam Coates, Cynthia Wong, amanda, holly, Tosh, Sam, Emma Gordon, Trixie, david smithington, tom, bazza, trudie kew, Craig Smith, Jerry, Kate, Hilary, dawn, Rita, martin kimber, barrett, Vicky Shiach, Stewart Harbury, terry dicks, Andy, Nick valentine, paul, chia, Sifu Paul, michelle stanley, dylan moorcraft, amelia, mark, martyn hooper, Charles Courtney, Flirty Fairy, Sally, James, Carol Harbord, Am, Lucy Feather, dave, Graham Hills, ceri, zoe roberts, matty bater, ansari, JyI=, Fish, stu jolley, Michalangelo, Giles Hamlin, Jimmy 3, Peter Poppit, marcus allen, Stephen, cheltenhamgirl101, obmhost, Mark Hooper, Jade blackwell, petergroom, lynn, esther, Jane, P Gera, Noah, matt britland, Rosiezay, dan, Bowdie, Jeff Martinez, Anne Harris, Kristine Stokes, Bev Preston, dand1d, Dale, fatboy, georgia westwood, oh max, funky m, John Randall, lynn ede, generic, coral, ð''ð"", Pete French, Steve Thomas, Chris Ashworth, Chantelle Wise, Lisa Inglesby, gordon hart, ¿'¿", M Fancourt, doobie, Patrick Rushton, Andy Thomas, mark howell, Tim Harris, Alice *David Bowie* P, Michelle, Hannah, Laura Carson, Sy, amnda townley, Davina Rogers, Suzanne, gareth buckle, John, Tara, Mark Thomas, Victoria Carvey, Mike Ling, amanda townley
Last updated: 2016-08-28
More stuff about Cheltenham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Cheltenham Knowhere Board