The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire*
The things which can't be categorised
You can tell us more about Cheltenham.
The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- I lived here for years , ended up in hesters way ,not all of us can afford Montpellier..by the way .I have lived all over the world.
Cheltenham is overun by certain families in the above areas mentioned who spoil the place ,bullying and intimidating the people who reside there.Get rid of them cheltenham would be a lovely place, the only other thing that bugged me in rowanfield was waking up to helicopters above my flat ,chasing cars being nicked and then hearing a big bang in the distance where it has crashed it used to frighten the shit out of me...that is why i left!!! never to return apart from the odd shopping trips ....
- The village (bishops cleeve) I mentiond earlier is a great place despite being expanded by the day
- music in the garden - an idea for the future - watch manor by the lake
- The 60's fashion show thats going on in town. Oh sorry, thats just the extricably oldfashioned timewarped looking locals.
- Why does "everyone" stare at you if you are or are perceived to be gay? It's 2009 folks haven't you heard, the sixties/seventies finished a couple of years back. Or is this a tad deep for Cheltenham?
- loads of people who've never lived or been in Cheltenham are completely slaying it. Sure, some of the things they say are true like there are a lot of chavs around and don't walk through Waddon alone at night unless you want to get beat up. But that isn't all there is to Chelt me and my mates have a great time around the town without causing anyone any trouble. We do go round in quite a large group admittedly, but where's the crime in that. True, there are chavs there's a lot at my school, but ignore them and they leave you alone. That's the same for most people they only pick on you if you respond to them so the simple answer is don't. Stop slaying Cheltenham it's a good place to live you just have to know how it works.
- Cheltenham - the staring capital of Gloucestershire and the UK
- Cheltenham Blog - www.cheltenhamdailyphoto-lynn.blogspot.com - Daily photo of the city and its surroundings uploaded every day, in form of a blog. Journal and comments.
- I have lived away from Cheltenham for 5 years now, I miss it. Its a wonderful place to be, count yourself lucky. Enjoy the summer, enjoy the ladies and most importantly enjoy your life in CHELTENHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- To both the people who said the unfair comments about Cheltenham are not accurate and those who've slagged it off. I went to Cheltenham Art College Pittville Campus in the early 80's but lived in Prestbury during my time there. I found Cheltenham an absolutely brilliant melting pot of snobs, tarts, weirdos, geeks, losers, chancers, gays, straights, flashers (at Pittville Park!) whatever, you name it. It was this mix of people that made it such a wonderful and individual place to live. Whatever happened to 'Charles' Club, and 'Eves'??! many a boozy night spent there and the college bar. I've only been back once since and it was great to see 'the old place'. You don't know how lucky you are down there.
- BEST STREET-bath road and the prom. proms a lot posher!
BEST PLACE TO LIVE-montpellier-very poshe
BEST PLACE TO HAVE A BITCH FIGHT-in the water fountain in the prom(opposite bto the shops-cant miss it!
- The mingers of ChelteNam.
- Cheltenham is home to the "Noel Still Loves You" Project - Gotta spot them all!
- Your Site stinks. The comments you have published about Cheltenham are offensive and you should be ashamed. Also, try to employ a web/graphic designer who isn't a brain-dead, unimaginatve moron.
- Go into Wilkinsons and buy some garden tat for 50p, but make sure you get served by Adrian - he's the most customer-friendly bloke in existence! Try to keep a straight face as he inspects your banknotes for fraudulent goings-on!
Otherwise, Cheltenham is a spot-on place to live - great for students like me, with a wide choice of bars, a couple of good clubs, and generally a safe and chilled-out attitude.
- stuck up barsterds who look down upon peple who dont fit their social criteriai
- One bit of the Lower High Street (now the West End)worth a visit is Cheltenham Dance Centre, it's the only place in town where you can get to grips with some
great moves. From Street to Salsa, Jazz to Jive, Tap to Tango. Give it a try it might give you something to do instead of climbing up the wall!!!!!!!
- Cheltenham College.
A good place to go if you can't get an education anyehere else. A bit on the pricey side, but you will learn how to tie a reasonable ''knot'' and keep your shoes clean.
- For anyone who's interested, there is a formula one shop in cheltenham as well. (F1...and more)
- The Everyman Theatre have some good comics sometimes. I've seen Lee and Herring there and I wet myself laughing. Lee Hurst comes to the Town Hall most years and Jack Dee has been known to come too. Failing that , there's always Jason Donovan in Peter Pan at the Playhouse. The one way system in Cheltenham is a sick joke and parkingcan often result in mental breakdown. Don't try it.
- Cheltenham Motor Club Club specifically for motorsport enthusiasts. Open Monday to Firday nights, Saturday and Sunday lunchtimes. Monday most popular night - packed. Great place to watch the Grand Prix. Friendly place. Entrance by membership - £17 full member, £6 associate member. On the London Road going out of the town, just through the lights where London Road crosses the A40 and on your right. Cheap beer and great atmosphere.
- Bookshops: Waterstones in the Promenade is quite good - certainly the largest bookshop in town.
- I highly recommend a small but fascinating antiquarian bookshop I found in Cheltenham. It's at 11 St Luke's Road (opposite St Luke's Church) and Michael Rayner, the owner, is very helpful in searching for those hard to locate books. A store worthy of mention in your guide.
- There is - believe it or not - a UFO spotting society.
- HQ for the 1997 RAC rally is Cheltenham Racecourse.
- We used to have a saying: 'Nam, Chelt'Nam - a living hell... (but it wasn't bad really).
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: ju, Alan Lewis, martin, Julian Wellings, ellen, (select convert(int,CHAR(65))), Glosskater, nicky, Chris, andrew martin, Stu, Roger, udcnsqsg, Slates, Baby Biker, tykee, Jake, Toby Lewis, abbi, alex, linz, \, chris hill-scott, Steph, Andy's Skate Shop, Bridges, Morgan , nic, 1'", Steven Matthews, Gisselle, C, adam, krsanlir, Anita Goodier, matt leitch, Peter Byrd, Craig Davies, Em, Mentski, Sar, Neil, Simon, 1 À§À¢, juliet, sarah, Mel, Ian Anderson, Ben Fardon, beth, Alex Sass, Kel, suzie, Ben Owen, mike, kamikazebarfly, Skate Dude, Bill., squiredangly, Emily Cole, @@1sf7M, Adam Coates, Cynthia Wong, amanda, holly, Tosh, Sam, Emma Gordon, Trixie, david smithington, tom, bazza, trudie kew, Craig Smith, Jerry, Kate, Hilary, dawn, Rita, martin kimber, barrett, Vicky Shiach, Stewart Harbury, terry dicks, Andy, Nick valentine, paul, chia, Sifu Paul, michelle stanley, dylan moorcraft, amelia, mark, martyn hooper, Charles Courtney, Flirty Fairy, Sally, James, Carol Harbord, Am, Lucy Feather, dave, Graham Hills, ceri, zoe roberts, matty bater, ansari, JyI=, Fish, stu jolley, Michalangelo, Giles Hamlin, Jimmy 3, Peter Poppit, marcus allen, Stephen, cheltenhamgirl101, obmhost, Mark Hooper, Jade blackwell, petergroom, lynn, esther, Jane, P Gera, Noah, matt britland, Rosiezay, dan, Bowdie, Jeff Martinez, Anne Harris, Kristine Stokes, Bev Preston, dand1d, Dale, fatboy, georgia westwood, oh max, funky m, John Randall, lynn ede, generic, coral, ð''ð"", Pete French, Steve Thomas, Chris Ashworth, Chantelle Wise, Lisa Inglesby, gordon hart, ¿'¿", M Fancourt, doobie, Patrick Rushton, Andy Thomas, mark howell, Tim Harris, Alice *David Bowie* P, Michelle, Hannah, Laura Carson, Sy, amnda townley, Davina Rogers, Suzanne, gareth buckle, John, Tara, Mark Thomas, Victoria Carvey, Mike Ling, amanda townley
Last updated: 2016-08-28
More stuff about Cheltenham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Cheltenham Knowhere Board