The Best Things in Cholsey, Oxfordshire*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Cholsey.
The Best Things
- It's quiet
- Cholsey has an active social committee which is behind a lot of traditional village events but is also trying to branch out to cater for modern needs. Anyone living in Cholsey is welcome to take part in "Cholsey 1000 PLus" and set about creating new events.
- cholsey revenge is sweet
- The Park, like speakers corner but with more drugs...
- The Downs,Thames and the Chilterns oh and the people
- The fact that you don't have to go very far to find a field to sit in.
- um good one this, the character of the place its great!!
- The Bullshole. Cholsey is not famed for its entertainment but if walking in the countryside is your forte then you could do a lot worse. The Bullshole opens up to Oxfordshire bridleways and paths. If you're into Mountain biking the route along The Downs or The Fairmile can lots of fun. Even better with a few beers en route. There is also a privately funded ex-BR Train track known as the 'Bunk' which was used to transport malt from the now demolished ABM building in Wallingford to the mainline. This stopped in 1981 but the line was thankfully never torn up and is the basis of weekend and bank holiday excursions with various privately owned shunters and steam trains.
- view of the Chilterns and walk along the Thames River
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Hercules Duritz, tim, micky, dp cooper, d, Iain, alan gibson, Spuduka, Carl Delaney, gail, Bill, jack, Rug, Ian Wheeler, generic, MJ, jenny hurd, robert, Nicki Choules-Rowe, jerry moorhouse, Sam
Last updated: 2010-02-03
More stuff about Cholsey
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Cholsey Knowhere Board