The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Cholsey.
- We are down to two pub's now the Morning Star or Star as it's known now and the Red Lion
- SEVEN pubs? Once upon a time, yes, but now there are just the Morning Star and the Red Lion. Both serve food but aren't noted as hot-spots for youngsters.
- The Morning Star Pub, Cholsey, http://homepage.ntlworld.com/morningstar/
- Sadly one of Cholsey's two redeeming features has been greatly reduced in recent years. Don't worry- the station is still there so it's just as easy to leave as it ever was, but the number of pubs (formerly a highly respectable 7!) has dwindled away down to 2. The Red Lion and the Morning Star stand, at opposite ends of the village, tall and true, as bastions of the other redeeming feature of the village (as my GP once advised me: if you can't leave physically, then escape through booze)
- Chequers has now closed just leaving the Red Lion and the Morning Star..........trip into Wallingford anyone?
- red lion, cheqers do i need to say more????
- The 'Walnut Tree' is now 3 houses, with one of those plastic butterflies on the outside. Probably wouldn't appreciate you knocking on the door asking for 2 Bacardi Breezers! 'The Chequers' seems to have improved recently.
- The Chequers - never seen anyone enter, or leave! Drapes always closed. Very frightening.
The Red Lion - appears to be popular on weekends, hard to miss.
The Morning Star - looked a bit laddish.
- Red lion is one of the buseist pubs in cholsey. There are not as many pubs as there used to be.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Hercules Duritz, tim, micky, dp cooper, d, Iain, alan gibson, Spuduka, Carl Delaney, gail, Bill, jack, Rug, Ian Wheeler, generic, MJ, jenny hurd, robert, Nicki Choules-Rowe, jerry moorhouse, Sam
Last updated: 2010-02-03
More stuff about Cholsey
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Cholsey Knowhere Board