Cheap Food in Crowthorne, Berkshire*
Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Crowthorne.
- There's a weird cafe in a kind of big black wooden shed near the Iron Duke. Always full of strange old ladies.
- The Mango Tree on Church Street does a good lunch deal - nice sized chicken or vegetable curry plus pint or wine, for £5.
- The Prince on High Street has really good huge hamburgers and also lovely desserts. The Mango Tree on Church Street is a new (2005) Indian restaurant + takeaway and is pretty good, their cheap lunch special is nice.
- The Indian gate is the best. Big up Elvis and Sam! (India Gate is at greenwood road) I guess the hotels have food, the corus and god knows what the others called. Then theres a couple of chippies, Kabias and recently opened Chili's by the station which aint bad, just a bit pricey.
- don beni buts its always full
- "Don Beni", very nice Italian restaurant at the Northern end of the high street. "The Victory Ship" quite classy chinese restaurant offering takeaway as well. "Kabirs" on Dukes Ride, opposite"India Gate" at Greenwood Road, never been in that one, so dont know what to make of it. Popular takeaways include "The Golden Fry", "Five Star". "The last shoe" on Church Street is kind of a pub-come-resaurant.
- Kabirs indian restaurant is well worth a visit (just along from the Prince), for Chinese try the Victory Ship and for Italian Don Benis , all 3 do huge portions so don't over order (unless you're a real fatty), Monday - Friday The Prince does 2 meals for £6 before 6pm which is worth a visit. If you can stagger a little further, to the top of Honey Hill to be precise, the Crooked Billet also does good food with even better beer.
- Fish and Chips,
- 3x curry houses, 1x italian, 2x chinese
- Don Beni's - lovely Italian waiters, great food and a nice candle lit atmosphere.
A couple of 'Greasy Spoon Caffs' - great on a hungover morning.
- Good Fish'n chippy in the high street plus Chinese takeaway just off the High St.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Chris Smith, Jamie Neveready, Matthew, Rob Golding, Bella, caz!, glenn chapman, Barry, Roz F, wellcoolbuds, Dan Scott, g, Someone who knows more than you, Doug King, c1c51, david holder, Fi Fi, Stu, Lee, fagan, Simon, me, Greg Taylor, n carter, Fiona, SeanSmith, James, generic, joe, alex, bill
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Crowthorne
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Crowthorne Knowhere Board