The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else in Crowthorne, Berkshire*
The things which can't be categorised
You can tell us more about Crowthorne.
The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- gail noone the bikers bike
- Crowthorne does possess a bookmaker which more resembles a trendy wine bar than a turf accountants - full of leather sofas, plasma screens and wooden walls. This recent addition to Crowthorne replaced the previous Bob Webb bookies which was brilliantly grotty.
- I have alot of friends and u know what 80% of crowthornes population is NOT OVER 70 OR WHATEVER U SAID OK?
- you might as well warn them about the amount of STIs all the sluts from b'nell give most of the men in c'thorne!! xx
- There are no police in Crowthorne. The police station has a receptionist, that's it. All the police come from Bracknell. This means it's usually easy to avoid hassle if your preffered past-times are frowned apon.
- Just moved into the area and love it
- i advise you not to come here.
- With no buses (Well occasionally), and the station 1 1/2 miles out of town then you need a cab.
Owlsmoor Taxis are the only ones local. Cheap, reliable but always busy so book up if you can.
- Crowthorne has developed into a mini-town, development from bracknell & Sandhurst are now starting to creep into crowthorne.
The English Oxford dictionary was primarily researched in Crowthorne: This was done by a patient at Broadmoor Hospital. A book on this can be sought. The Surgeon of Crowthorne.
- I lived in Crowthorne for quite a few years & a pretty good time was had! In those days I was a Punk! along with a few pals inc Mark Hemingway(if anyone knows where he is let me know) We got upto many a lark most were possibly illegal. Had my 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc love there too so thank you; Wendy Macdonald, Debbie Wells, Angela Collins et al.
- Famous for Wellington College. Nice grounds to walk through. James "The Shunt" Hunt went there.
Infamous for it's close proximity to Broadmoor Hospital for the Criminally Insane.
Whose residents include the Yorkshire Ripper and Ronnie Kray (Deceased 1995).
No recent escapes ! They are better of inside than we are on the outside !
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Chris Smith, Jamie Neveready, Matthew, Rob Golding, Bella, caz!, glenn chapman, Barry, Roz F, wellcoolbuds, Dan Scott, g, Someone who knows more than you, Doug King, c1c51, david holder, Fi Fi, Stu, Lee, fagan, Simon, me, Greg Taylor, n carter, Fiona, SeanSmith, James, generic, joe, alex, bill
Last updated: 2009-10-26
More stuff about Crowthorne
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Crowthorne Knowhere Board