Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars in Egham, Surrey*
Where to go to get down
You can tell us more about Egham.
Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Turbulent Soundscape at The Iguana, Egham
Wednesday nights is FRIGHT NITE, rawk, metal, punk etc etc. Resident DJs plus special guests, Free entry, lotsa car parking, pool table, and bar open til 12. This night recently celebrated its 15th birthday!!
Friday nights is OUTBRAKE, all the best guitar-driven classics from the 50s to the present day. Thats a lotta music! :) 8pm - 2am, entry £3/£2 with flyer/nus before 10pm, £3 after. Bargainous fun, and theme nights first friday of the month.
Saturday night is ECHO, with the best in old skool rave, classic indie, and dancefloor fillaz. Class. Prices and bar times as above
- IGUANA all the way. It's like Marmite you either love it or you hate it. Although admittedly, I wouldn't like to live in one of the houses over the road from it, I love the place, it's like a rock type theme on fri n sat nights at least, which attracts a fairly young crowd. rock awn!
- NONE AT ALL!!!! Despite there being several thousand students in the area.
- Well, there was Olivers in the seventies and early eighties apparently, closest one now is in Staines (wonderful place that it is)
- Royal Holloway Union is good, especially if you like R+B and hip hop. Nights tend to repeat themselves e.g. School Night, 999 Services etc, but good fun, Plus drinks are student prices - yay!
- i was in RHUL for a year asanexchange student, the union is the only place you can go if you want to party, there are really good r n b, 70's or 80's nights!!!!!!! compared to the unions in France, RHUL 's union is great!!!!!!
- Not sure if it really classes as a club, it advertises itself as an "oasis" - The Iguana is ok, plays quite good music, reasonably friendly atmosphere. Other than that, it's the Royal Holloway Students' Union - slightly better than nothing, although that can be debated!
- There's been a few E & ACID fuelled nights in the woods surrounding Egham, Most noticably at Longside Lake (towards Thorpe)... Look for the guy with party invites in the high street with the big eyes....
- Royal Holloway Union has improved a lot. There's a gang of people there putting on some seriously good nights (trance allnighters, funky house, drum and bass etc) and the cheesy poppy nights are great for pulling of an evening. There's nothing better in the area on a Friday night, and the Exchange in Staines is TO BE AVOIDED! Otherwise it's London, but you need somewhere to stay or come back in the morning, unless you have the money (40 quid) for a taxi home.
- I heard there was a club above the Precinct. I shudder to think who the clientele are.
- The "Runnymede Lounge" at Brunel Uni (Cooper's Hill Lane)
Real nice orange décor
- This is Egham.The only decent club in Egham is the Radio 4 fan club.
- Royal Holloway Student Union is not a cool place to go! I was there for 3 years and only went cos I was a student there. We really did think that locals who turned up were quite sad! Why not go to Volts in Kingston, or even the Exchange in Staines!?!
- Royal Holloway College Student Union; the all-time best place in
Egham to go if you fancy pulling of an evening!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jane, kerbliner, LVJ, Jon Beamson, idiot, Bobby George, s8nsch1ld, Brunel University student, wendell, J Philipson, Duke of Nothing, Hargreaves McFunbags, Peter, john, Susan McDougall, Straightedge Dave, generic, joe, J Harris, alex, Danny, DONNA, Kirsty Henning, Amanda, Caroline Moor, Michael Collins, Elisa, kaidi, Jon Orchard, Nicole, spam, Dave McCarKeys, jo, Emily, Sparky, James Cheese, Jane Ward, doug, paul
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Egham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Egham Knowhere Board