Arts, crafts and such in Farnham, Surrey*
Anything from pukka art galleries to craft shops. Trendy and twee both welcome.
You can tell us more about Farnham.
Arts, crafts and such
- pullington's is a great place to test state of the art pens on post its for hours and then not buy anything because pencils cost £9 each
- There is the ashgate gallery and Farnham Maltings, Also there is a gallery at the top of the Lion and Lamb. When you get there, turn round and look at the statue. Weird?. There is also a Pottery in nearby Village Wrecclesham
- arty gallery thing just off Downing Street at the bottom nr the toy shop - obviously farnham = v.arty as there is the college - was cheeky fish but that shut down they used to do crafty stuff - bizarrely is my little world which sells dolls house furniture - elphicks sells crafty stuff and there is great fabric shop in lion and lamb if u make your own clothes like the erm..talented moi. maltings is always doing arty stuff too
- Cheeky Fish in East Street (in what was the Royal Deer pub, opposite Barclays) is great for anything kitsch. Lots of girly retro pin-up art products, fairy lights, angel wings, fluffy cushions and gifts. It may be pink but its not just for girls. 10% student discount!
- the maltings has a pretty cool craft fair every so often. there's this hop in downing street where you can paint mugs and stuff, it looks a bit try hard but it's actually well good fun
- art college i guess a couple of gallerys but only soso
- The art supply shop in west street sells big marker pens and paint pens. And the big halfords had a fine range of spray paint.......For your car obviously.
- any exhibitions going on in the university..farnhams quite arty really
- Theres the Art College, which has a free gallery, oooh.
- The New Ashgate Gallery is situated at the bottom of Downing Street. As for other arty / crafty shops I can only reccommend Presenly Yours in Downing Street - they have loads of unusual stuff from around the world. Remarkable Impressions is also a great place to shop - very friendly and lots of unusual gifts.
- This town is Twee incarnate, plenty of galleries and shops, and the ubiquitous Maltings has exhibitions and markets.
- Matltings Market, first Saturday each month. Basically one huge antiques fair.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Callum Graham, Freddie Royston, Matt Steward, Beccy, joanna wheatley, Gordon Crawford, Webster, gavin, Jo Smith, james Skeet, Grant, Gideon, Stuart Knight, AGD, Drew Peacock, Jacqueline Gotfredsen, James, claire kinge, Jayne Hammond-Smith, One Dread, deborah lovelock, francis and aaron, Jenny, Gail, Rob Kemp, Dream Theater fan, Laura, katherine, Elaine Samuels, Dave W, Pete, magdalena kosinska, Dan T, MIKE BALCIKONIS, David, Amy, david eppel, Lizz, Liam Davies/Wilkins, Amanda Darter, Grayham Cane, jowillalwaysbe21, Matt Anderson, Jiggs, jamie evans, louisa, rebekah, mattyboy, charlene, TB, generic, Louise Cranstone, ed, Rex V R, sarena, Jo, Abigail Edelton, glen, BILL, andy, C Kinge, Craig David, Queen Vixx, Nadine, Taylor, Seb Jones, Andrew G. Doe, Tim, andy smoke, Stu pink, Lee Furlonger, paul
Last updated: 2014-08-02
More stuff about Farnham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Farnham Knowhere Board