The Best Things in Farnham, Surrey*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Farnham.
The Best Things
- Probably the Wheatsheaf for food, atmosphere, service and quality... not been to Loch Fyne yet but will do. There is a pub where the buses stop on the corner of Castle Street..... brilliant breakfasts
- Lots of lovely dogs
The river is nice!!!!
- On a sunny day, or a crisp autumn afternoon, it really is a nice place to walk around.
- um... If you use your imagination theres some good parkour places. If you look for them there is some nice people here and also we have one of the best guitar shops in the country.
- hngin bout n e fink lyk dat n we fink we fink of
- Farnham should be bombed and replaced with a theme park.
- the cool buskers, skating, food, WIMPY, LIDL and mad eric.
- How dare the other low life who wrote a report on "Sandy Hill" say what he has, There are 1000's of very decent people on sandy hill, all hard working and polite.
I think the person who wrote this comment about knock it down should look at his/her own life before commenting on others.
Sandy hill - Top estate !!!!!
Oh and by the way, I dont live on Sandy hill, just for the record you low life south side of town scum.
A born and bread family from Hale
- Me and my mates out on the lash in beautiful Farnham!
- The pubs!!!!
- For rock climbing enthusiasts, a night trip to Waverley Abbey south of Farnham can't be beaten.
- The Q8 by the station isn't open 24 hours anymore, not since BP opened their new place on the bypass just round the corner.
- Extremely tasty selection of the more mature (40+) female of the species - it's because they have the time to keep in shape. And better still, most of them are bored... :-)
- the best things is it's proximity to everywhere else - guildford, london, the coast, etc. you get to live somewhere else where there is no crime so your car doesn't get nicked or messed up while you're shopping, people are well off, the streets are well maintained,employment is 100% so you can get that saturday job you want etc, etc, and get to travel places that are cooler at the same time. Very handy
- The EXITS
- Zero (and i mean zero) crime rate.
- The best thing about the town is the many roads that lead out of it.
- Plenty of public houses - you're never short of a boozer... But quality is very much limited...
- The best thing about Farnham is its pleasant Georgian architecture. And the Q8 petrol station.
- There's more pubs than you can shake a middle-class MP at. If you like drinking, Farnham will supply all you need.
- Excellent atmosphere walking around the town at night.
- The pubs.
The surrounding countryside and villages.
The excellent specialist (ie expensive) shops.
- Very much an Art College town, with all that implies...
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Callum Graham, Freddie Royston, Matt Steward, Beccy, joanna wheatley, Gordon Crawford, Webster, gavin, Jo Smith, james Skeet, Grant, Gideon, Stuart Knight, AGD, Drew Peacock, Jacqueline Gotfredsen, James, claire kinge, Jayne Hammond-Smith, One Dread, deborah lovelock, francis and aaron, Jenny, Gail, Rob Kemp, Dream Theater fan, Laura, katherine, Elaine Samuels, Dave W, Pete, magdalena kosinska, Dan T, MIKE BALCIKONIS, David, Amy, david eppel, Lizz, Liam Davies/Wilkins, Amanda Darter, Grayham Cane, jowillalwaysbe21, Matt Anderson, Jiggs, jamie evans, louisa, rebekah, mattyboy, charlene, TB, generic, Louise Cranstone, ed, Rex V R, sarena, Jo, Abigail Edelton, glen, BILL, andy, C Kinge, Craig David, Queen Vixx, Nadine, Taylor, Seb Jones, Andrew G. Doe, Tim, andy smoke, Stu pink, Lee Furlonger, paul
Last updated: 2015-02-06
More stuff about Farnham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Farnham Knowhere Board