Skateboarding Spots in Farnham, Surrey*
Skate parks, street spots, waxed curbs, stairs, steps, handrails, skate ramps
You can tell us more about Farnham.
- The skate park outside lidls if you fancy getting run over by a 7 year old with a micro scooter
- Farnham Skatepark, Opposite Lidls, next to Leisure Centre.
- theres a skate park next to the sports centre, you might want to try inside the art college and the industrial estate as well. Behind East street, out the back of stagebeat is also good. I am talking from Parkour experience but should work both ways.
- erm outside the sports centre is kinda obvious but not that great and full of girls (like myself) irritating the serious skaters by sitting on the halfpipe. Also skating down that big hill in Farnham Park (if you can be arsed to climb it in the first place!) is a laugh
- A lot of the skatespots in Farnham are documented in skate videos made during the mid to late ninties. Featuring the local rulers. If interested in seeing these contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- pet city at night,waxed curb-yeah boyy,and there may be some wood or filing cabinet around
- the skate park
- the skate park isnt great but its ok and skaters there are cool, it has a good surface and a pretty new mini. sainsburys in the centre of town is good with a three set, four set, some islands and an underground (good 2 skate when it rains). sainsburys outsidde the centre is good 2 with a ten set some ledges and small rails.the nhs hospital has a 8 set with a handrail, a phat gap and a wall/lendge thing. the art collage near safeways has a nice bank a five set and some waxed up ledges. Just next to the art college is potters gate primary school. It has a good roof gap and some wooden rails that are grindable (good for boardslides). Just near to potters gate there is a VW garage. This has two four sets that are really good to skate and one of them has a ledge next to it. The millenium centre (just over the road) has some great grass gaps and good for runs. Iceland in the centre of town has a two reallay good roof gaps (one of them is huge and really narley). It also has a good sized loading bay (four ft) and a two set that is pretty crap. Lidl supermarket (near the skatepark)also has a loading bay (5 ft), some waxed up curbs, some little dirt gaps and a five set lidl is sweet for runs. Weydon secondary school is about ten mins skate from the centre of town and has loads of different sets from 2 sets to 7.
- round the front of the sports centre theres some ledges and a set with a sketchy run up, weydons got some great sets and banks, the skateparks not great, but the people are freindly, hewitt, taylor, jiggs and co. there's loads of better towns nearby, guildford, aldershot, farnborough. just beware of aldershot, stay in the shadows and keep your head down.
- Farnham 6th form, up from station, has couple of 5 stairs with rails - GNARL FACTOR blind bumps!
Sainsburys is the legendary spot. 3 step up 4 step down - mad lines yo! busted yellow curbs. Da cok manual rolled across from the 3 to the 4, as well as 50-50ing the trolley bar! I heard Gav flipped the steps and pavement
Big Sainsburys out of town has crumbly blocks up the top, with few bits and bobs round the industrial estates at the back - Dzus bar, bump and bench.
Police station rails - only the Burgester has ever graced these babys!
St Polycarps school has big 4 step, and some wooden boardslidey bits.
Lidl,near skatepark, has hella gnarly gaps there.
St James carpark has evil death crumbly banks at the bottom. nice drop in lines if you is like, mental.
Post office drop in - Jack ate shizznit!
- Curbsurfer by da church
- skate park has a grind box on the side of the driveway now but they`ve taken the launch ramp away, there was talk of us getting a mini-ramp from working(?)
- Skate Park by the Sports Centre is popular but a bit small. Plenty of other good surfaces but very little by way of variety.
- The park by the sports centre sucks, The front of the sports centre sucks, The other peraon talked about most of them. We have another mini ramp at the Sandy hill bmx course, but its real whippy.
- I've spent far to long in farnham skating no spots are ideal but ther's lots of little things to skate : Farnham station (curbs manuals etc.) Tyre place round the front of the station(small rails),Small sainsburys in town(set of 4),Central car park(lame but very tasty flat ground)pet city or pet smart or pets at home(curbs manuals), a funny place called the barbrican opposite the fire station the gates are allways locked but if you sneak round there's some nice banks. Sports centre (fucked curved blocks and a lame skatepark). Industrial estate next to skate park(some funny harsh banks and drop ins)LIDL opposie skatepark( good spot nice little gaps curbs manuals drop etc.)Schools are good (Potters gate, South farnham abbey school next door, st polycarps, weydon ) possibly the nicest spot in town is the art college banks this place is heaven but there's a security gaurd next door so you'll be lucky,and to finish off Big Sainsburys out of town has lots of flat ground and the Zeus bump.
- Only recently - Half pipe at the sports centre...
Before that, the police would follow the skaters around telling them they were "menaces to the street"...
- There's a skateboard U-thing by the Sports Centre.
- The park is by the Rec centre. Quarter pipe at either end with a simple driveway in the middle. One fly off next to the driveway, and a damed fine little grindbox (bout 6 ft, luvverly coping, fresh). All in all, pretty basic, but good for learners or if you are bored.
- The Skateboard shop in Upper Church Lane is calles 'Curbsurfers'
- I'm generally most at risk of being knocked to the ground as I get off the train, so I suppose the station car park must be 'the place'.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Callum Graham, Freddie Royston, Matt Steward, Beccy, joanna wheatley, Gordon Crawford, Webster, gavin, Jo Smith, james Skeet, Grant, Gideon, Stuart Knight, AGD, Drew Peacock, Jacqueline Gotfredsen, James, claire kinge, Jayne Hammond-Smith, One Dread, deborah lovelock, francis and aaron, Jenny, Gail, Rob Kemp, Dream Theater fan, Laura, katherine, Elaine Samuels, Dave W, Pete, magdalena kosinska, Dan T, MIKE BALCIKONIS, David, Amy, david eppel, Lizz, Liam Davies/Wilkins, Amanda Darter, Grayham Cane, jowillalwaysbe21, Matt Anderson, Jiggs, jamie evans, louisa, rebekah, mattyboy, charlene, TB, generic, Louise Cranstone, ed, Rex V R, sarena, Jo, Abigail Edelton, glen, BILL, andy, C Kinge, Craig David, Queen Vixx, Nadine, Taylor, Seb Jones, Andrew G. Doe, Tim, andy smoke, Stu pink, Lee Furlonger, paul
Last updated: 2014-08-02
More stuff about Farnham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Farnham Knowhere Board