The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else in Farnham, Surrey*
The things which can't be categorised
You can tell us more about Farnham.
The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- If you come to farnham Leave a Mark, like a indestructable sticker or scratching or somthing somwere cool. Try to make it somthing that the authoritys cant get off cus otherwise they will. Maybe on the wall facing the bowling green at the Redgrave.
- Farnham is probably best known for the special edition of the game ‘Monopoly’ which appeared in the early 80s and marked the town’s tricentenial. Players could choose counters in the shape of a lion, a lamb, a castle, a people carrier, a retired brigadier, or an old man in a Hawiian shirt waving a crutch in the air.
- Farnham should be bombed and replaced with a theme park. You all know it.
- You can play manhunt in the forest near the skatepark which is fun and dont go near the Chantrys or Beldom.
- Farnham used to be recognised in the Guiness Book of Records as the most haunted town in England, until a town named Pluckney in Kent aquired the title.
The Blue Boy, the Blind Bishop, The Vanishing House, the Witch's Cave, the Galloping Horsemen, the Stolen Grave, and the Woman in Black etc are all stories that kids growing up around Farnham will have heard in playgrounds and then in pubs.
A leaflet that has been printed detailing the facts of how the original Georgian market town was constructed on the site of an ancient Indian burial ground can be picked up from the Library, or the Tourist Information office on South Street.
- All the people slagging farnham for being quiet and boring should try living somewhere with a crime rate. I lived in London for two years and saw the nearfatal stabbing of three of my friends outside my house, got burgled three times and mugged twice. And that's just the stuff i reported..living in farnham i get to go to gigs in london, head to the coast for the day, but live day to day in a safe, well maintained area. And that rocks
- Very few people are aware that the "Lion and Lamb" statue, one of Farnham's most noteable landmarks, was specifically designed to resemble a giant black "member". When viewed from the far corner by Hammicks, you can see the lion's backbone (urethra) running from its pubic mane to its haunches (bell end). what's more amusing is that Farnham mothers seem to be blissfully happy to allow their children to romp all over what is essentially an emorous phallous.
- i have lived here all my life and i want out if you like Volvos, Conservatives and a town minus a Maccy;Ds then come here
- Ok free internet in the libary, porn is banned from the pc's but if you open a hotmail account and link out through that window you can open it.
Security is slack in most shops, so watch the stock you wanna buy doesnt get lifted............!
Frensham ponds in the summer is a great place to drink and smoke in the summer without getting any hassle.
- Daylight saving was first thought of in Farnham.
John H. Knight built one of the first petrol driven cars in the UK (1895).
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Callum Graham, Freddie Royston, Matt Steward, Beccy, joanna wheatley, Gordon Crawford, Webster, gavin, Jo Smith, james Skeet, Grant, Gideon, Stuart Knight, AGD, Drew Peacock, Jacqueline Gotfredsen, James, claire kinge, Jayne Hammond-Smith, One Dread, deborah lovelock, francis and aaron, Jenny, Gail, Rob Kemp, Dream Theater fan, Laura, katherine, Elaine Samuels, Dave W, Pete, magdalena kosinska, Dan T, MIKE BALCIKONIS, David, Amy, david eppel, Lizz, Liam Davies/Wilkins, Amanda Darter, Grayham Cane, jowillalwaysbe21, Matt Anderson, Jiggs, jamie evans, louisa, rebekah, mattyboy, charlene, TB, generic, Louise Cranstone, ed, Rex V R, sarena, Jo, Abigail Edelton, glen, BILL, andy, C Kinge, Craig David, Queen Vixx, Nadine, Taylor, Seb Jones, Andrew G. Doe, Tim, andy smoke, Stu pink, Lee Furlonger, paul
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Farnham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Farnham Knowhere Board