The Best Things in Folkestone, Kent*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Folkestone.
The Best Things
- it's best when the lees cliff hall have proper acts & not grown men sodding about with their genitals like puppetry of the penis. any1 paying 2 see this needs a brain transplant
- Folkestone girls has a lot of sexy male teachers.
- The warren
- I think Folkestone is a lovely place to live I tell you I can think of a lot more worst places
- I love Folkestone!!! True its not as sunny as my native New Zealand, however its a well kept secret how lovely it is here. For all those who don't like it here, please leave asap!!!! As for the rest of us we can get on enjoying it woop woop :)
- Many of Folkestones residents are good, friendly people. Shame others have tarred the whole town with the behaviours of the minority!
- The Warren.
- In folkestone, you're never really more than 5 minutes from the beach or 5 minutes from the country and it has a history stretching millenia.
- Living by the sea
- kids planet and huff a puffs and folkestone coastal parks
- It's not Lydd
- M20 towrds London
- Moving away
- The atmospheric - and oddly underseveloped, why no bars, interesting shops, youth culture places etc?- High St in the Old Town. Amazing potential.
- The Leas, zig zag path, new beaches, the sea, the costal path and gardens, metropole and grand, papas, going out for coffee.
- It's not Dover!
- My house, im right by Radnor Park, its very pretty, i can always be with my friends, im near to school, and im right by the town to do the 'all important SHOPPPING'
- The sea (but would like it cleaner) and countryside.Our ambulance and fire crew is great and interact with the public. Support is always given, either way. Local RSPCA Vet Clinic, very small, but great. Vets just brilliant. LEA responsible for home education, absolutly fabulous. Some, few people around here are just great.
- Sainsbury's in town, the service is way better than west park farm, and the staff are friendlier! Getting a refurb within the next 2 yrs also!!
- the leas is nice for a chill out on a hot day with your mates. Beer and gear.
- loads of bike spots
- Clean air, stunning scenery, peace and tranquility (in the West End anyway!). Cheapish property, close to the continent. Excellent choice of good restaurants.
- Best thing about folkestone its just nice!!!
- The best thing to say about Folkestone is "Ooh!,Look!,There's the M20.lets get out of here and go to Ashford-NOT!!
- Laugthing at the Pikeys and Rudeos ad they wheel spin their 1l micras/novas and Metros round the town center and "The Circuit" which runs around saga pretending they have some half decent car that doesent do 0-60 in 10 minutes.
- Its close to the french coast.
- drunken mates!, freindliness, alcohol in abundence, fun loving criminals beating up the fans, women, the fact its home!!
- UMMMMMM ITS FOLKESTONE EVERYTHING. ESPESIALLY THE COPS WHO HASSTLE U 4 SK8ING EVERY TEN MINS
- Folkestone looks good compared to near by Hythe, Lydd and Hawkinge.
- When you get to leave! It's a bit crap here really!
- The sea, the space, high quality restaurants and nice bars. Folkestone is one of the most beautiful places I know - OK it has its bad areas, but the good bits are superb.
- Sex, Drugs, Rock and Roll
- hmmmmm - jolsons when we're down there!
great place to get ya car resprayed or modified ---> AYS, bradstone road - website comming soon!!!
- memories of when folkestone was not the drug addled dive it is now
- The clearest, loveliest sea in England. Sitting on the beautiful Leas promonade on a sunny Sunday afternoon, sipping a cold drink from the Skuba bar and listening to the band playing - bliss.
- The scenery - if you ignore the dilapidated town and focus on the sea and the hills, its gorgeous.
The Gurkas are cool.
- the summer and the carnivals
- The wall. Old HighStreet when it was jammin'. The people who USED to live there. Andy Amos Rock Shop, Bill Kuts,Stokes,Arthur Brough Players,Bamboo island down on Lower Sandgate,Hedgehog hunting, Leas Cliff Hall when it had decent acts like Fleetwood Mac and Uriah Heep. Drag Queens out Tippin". Dizzy dancin" at the Odeon with Scannel the bouncer on the door. The Warren. Little Switzerland.
- The potential; the harbour fishmarket; the Russsian Nuclear Submarine attraction; the people; the Leas; the architacture; William Harvey's statue; the new Saga building; the connections to the continent; the pace of life; the climate; the Warren (sub-tropical microclimate at the foot of a huge cliff fall - breathtaking); the West End; the next big thing on the South Coast, mark my words
- The decay of a better time! A historicaly social anthropologists hay day.
- THe motorway out of town
At least all the winos and pikeys are trapped in one town
Scraps outside La Parisinne with out of shape doormen
- Shepway Airshow
- The shingle beach
- Guilhams cheap meat on Saturday after 1 o'clock
- cheap beer & fags
- Proximity to all of Europe via the channel tunnel. No one has an excuse now not to go abroad. Cheap tickets are available to most european dstinations...we have been to many of them via the tunnel. TRY IT.
- town spirit!
- Molly hair.
Rum baa baa
ladies who touch each other
- Links to France via Le Shuttle
- Sitting on the beach in the summer evenings getting drunk with your mates
- The sea and the hills.
- The Leas - A lovely place to walk in summer
St Mary's Parish Church - facinating history
Kingsnorth Gardens - a beautiful place to sit
Radnor Park - a great place to relax and take the kids
- Getting so drunk you forget thet you are in Folkestone
- seaside ( even if you have to swim with your mouth closed!!!) and countryside.
- Our girls are lovely - and the proof:
Vivien Dibble (winner of the Miss Folkestone & Miss Cheriton titles) this year alone won Miss Essex was a runner-up in the Kent Carnival Queen contest, and was fourth in the National Carnival Queen contest.
Michelle Jenkins (Cheriton Princess two years running) has in the past two weeks been 1st and 2nd in Princess contests competing against girls from across the south-east.
Louise Flisher (Michelle's fellow Princess] was placed first along with Michelle at Pitsea and Vange.
Carly Cribben (winner of the Miss Folkestone title) was also a runner-up in the Kent Carnival Court contest this year.
So who says our girls aren't pretty?!
- The sea, the hills (aah Crete Road West and my mis-spent youth - ditto Lower Sandgate Road)
- The way the Social Security, Council and court are all next to each other. Also the west end of town, where all the nice houses are.
- The sea, the hills and the motorway out.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Pauly, George, David Walmsley, laura, Adrian Burke, neil, Paul Philpott, sean, Chris, Roger, Marcus Langston, Geoff, J, natalie, karol Steele, Amber Redman, Emily Robins, CRAIG, Claire, alex, Sam Hyland, mads, p. martin, Jim Carr, E.Lewis, Nicola Lumsdon, Tanya, hey.its.carla.again, richard bennett, L.Govan, ?????????, s gillen, TKE, Naomi Lee, Jack Daniels, mel, Allison, Kiz, ian clarke, Buster, char, AE, adrian cirket, Ted, Trish, Liam Dray, Gekkoblaster, jenni, Marie, Nigel Martyn, jon wicken, Mike, Emma Whitten, Buster the third, Olly Rutt, Giles Turnbull (gilest.org), buzzcock, Sam, Ben, kat, nicola tucker nee benson, Hugwy, ron, adam daniels, nicola benson, josh, Joseph, Ruth Golding, Anon, Dave Friday, tom, Charlie Page, j r hartley, sophie davis, ron hall, Mutzy, natalie.solway, Harris, tracy, Jon, matt rowe, Liam mason, Buster the fourth, Terry Moxley, Anonynonk, paul, Ben Grant, tony penfold, M Gosbee, John Biggs, Gillian Gates, Bobby, james, Toni, alice, umf, lucan, jim, samantha shrewsbury, Buster the fifth , doc popper, Carrmar, Allie, Bruce, Billie Burvill, Cowboy clive, peanut, denise, Theresa Shephard, Esme, dave, daniel desborough, sherry, Pete.s, tony de richelieu, jenni allen, jason, Choices, c elms, kev, Richard, johnb121, Richard Hughes, annA, FG, Jack the Kipper, sally palmer, Amie Landsborough, Kev Verrall, Tom Brasington, ANONYNON, waz, Matey, Sonicmook, Kaz, Dee, Colin Terry, Buster the sixth , Helen, Jon Richards, Alan, Kez, generic, Buster , slinko, mrsdepp, Jordan, Ken Bowell, mr Clark, cl, Carla, Joolz, john.walerych, alex swatton, Adam, Lawrence Piddock, gary, Alice Farebrother, Anna & Dan, fred, Bus stop, stuart, James White, Rob, Stone, Nivaya, Papa Lazarou, Esme Humm, James Armitage, Tufty-bater, Steve M, bob, colin, Steve
Last updated: 2016-03-03
More stuff about Folkestone
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Folkestone Knowhere Board