Cafes and Coffee Shops in Folkestone, Kent*
High tea and a sticky bun
You can tell us more about Folkestone.
Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Lime Bar.
- Full English guildhall street....fantastic
- Costas !!
- The Grand for a cream tea with homemade scones.... they're huge..and different types of coffee scrummy
- chambers bar
- Sweet Rendezvous - the bright orange cafe and sandwich shop opposite the linens place on Rendezvous Street - is trendy, fairly cheap with a wide choice and good coffee. It's run by a whole gang of Polish people called Agata, Margena, Maria and Tadeuz (sorry - not sure about spelling). They do all kinds of baguettes and stuff, and they make their own bread on the premises.
- The Chambers
- Loads of really good ones recently opened. Cafe Luca, Djangos but I think best coffee is Sweet rendezvous (opposite wetherspoons), lovely lavazza coffee.
- Chambers. Coffee shop by day, piss-up underground party by night.
- chambers is overrated, go to the italian cafe almost opposite one stop on bouverie road west.
- Chambers is OK, but the staff are miserable buggers upstairs and act like they're doing you a favour serving your drink.
- Chambers, this is the best coffee shop, its up top, above the bar!! really nice, sofas, good food, very classy!!
- THE ONE THING THAT FOLKESTONE DOES MISS, AND THAT IS THE SAME OLD TOWN CENTRE CAFE BARS THAT ARE ALLOWED TO TRADE ON THE HIGH STREET JUST AS OUR COUNTER PARTS DO ACROSS THE CHANNEL ONLY 20 ODD MILES AWAY. I WILL SAY THAT AFTER A SERIOUSLY LONG HAUL DJANGO'S HAS FINALLY GOT THERE. I BELIEVE THEY NOW HAVE PERMISSION TO SELL WINE BY THE GLASS AND SPECIALTY BOTTLED BEERS (SERVED TO THE TABLE).THIS IS ALSO IN MY EYES ONE SMALL STEP FOR MANKIND,OR SHOULD I SAY FOLKESTONE TOWN CENTRE.(MAY THERE BE MANY MORE)
- Chambers and Django's, both nice coffee shops
- Dont goto Le Cafe Ganmac on Sandgate Road, its too bloody expensive!
- Gemini Cafe does a great fry up.
- Like to see that I am the first person to mention the Cafe in Debenhams. I used to work there so i know first hand how pricey and blatently shit it is, and as for terry, get a real job and stop pretending you're a security guard.
- morellis was good before all the students descended upon it looking for us local girls
- Crafty Tea and Coffee in Sandgate High Street - v. old fashioned, but good for some quality scones with jam and cream.
- snoopys cafe great food good prices
- Acropolis and "the Club" on the Old High Street
- More coffee shops than you can wave an Oxfam fair trade coffee farmer at!
- Clarks in Sandgate Road, near Boots, for an overpriced coffee.... Wish they'd clear the tables more than once a month, though ....
- The Chambers
- Pelosi's still make the best cup of coffee
Though the little kiosk by the water lift does fresh tea at a reasonable price
better value than the mermaid
- Not a Folkestone thing me thinks!
- try Ready Snacks Cafe in sandgate road, under the folkestone taxi office
all the taxi drivers go there for the best breakfast in town.
they open at 6am. really good cheap food, nice looking staff too,
look out for julia and george.
- After a bender the night before,a nice cup of coffee is ideal,try tesco or safeway!
- What used to be morellis and is now Peloisis or something like that. I used to love the lime milkeshakes they served with ice cream floating in it.
- Downstairs in Nature's Way. Excellent, cheap veggie food, and good coffee. Shame about the decor.
- sids in the harbour.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Pauly, George, David Walmsley, laura, Adrian Burke, neil, Paul Philpott, sean, Chris, Roger, Marcus Langston, Geoff, J, natalie, karol Steele, Amber Redman, Emily Robins, CRAIG, Claire, alex, Sam Hyland, mads, p. martin, Jim Carr, E.Lewis, Nicola Lumsdon, Tanya, hey.its.carla.again, richard bennett, L.Govan, ?????????, s gillen, TKE, Naomi Lee, Jack Daniels, mel, Allison, Kiz, ian clarke, Buster, char, AE, adrian cirket, Ted, Trish, Liam Dray, Gekkoblaster, jenni, Marie, Nigel Martyn, jon wicken, Mike, Emma Whitten, Buster the third, Olly Rutt, Giles Turnbull (gilest.org), buzzcock, Sam, Ben, kat, nicola tucker nee benson, Hugwy, ron, adam daniels, nicola benson, josh, Joseph, Ruth Golding, Anon, Dave Friday, tom, Charlie Page, j r hartley, sophie davis, ron hall, Mutzy, natalie.solway, Harris, tracy, Jon, matt rowe, Liam mason, Buster the fourth, Terry Moxley, Anonynonk, paul, Ben Grant, tony penfold, M Gosbee, John Biggs, Gillian Gates, Bobby, james, Toni, alice, umf, lucan, jim, samantha shrewsbury, Buster the fifth , doc popper, Carrmar, Allie, Bruce, Billie Burvill, Cowboy clive, peanut, denise, Theresa Shephard, Esme, dave, daniel desborough, sherry, Pete.s, tony de richelieu, jenni allen, jason, Choices, c elms, kev, Richard, johnb121, Richard Hughes, annA, FG, Jack the Kipper, sally palmer, Amie Landsborough, Kev Verrall, Tom Brasington, ANONYNON, waz, Matey, Sonicmook, Kaz, Dee, Colin Terry, Buster the sixth , Helen, Jon Richards, Alan, Kez, generic, Buster , slinko, mrsdepp, Jordan, Ken Bowell, mr Clark, cl, Carla, Joolz, john.walerych, alex swatton, Adam, Lawrence Piddock, gary, Alice Farebrother, Anna & Dan, fred, Bus stop, stuart, James White, Rob, Stone, Nivaya, Papa Lazarou, Esme Humm, James Armitage, Tufty-bater, Steve M, bob, colin, Steve
Last updated: 2016-09-19
More stuff about Folkestone
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Folkestone Knowhere Board