Computer and Games Shops in Folkestone, Kent*
Good places to get hardware and software
You can tell us more about Folkestone.
Computer and Games Shops
- PLAYAWAY- STAYAWAY..... if you know whata good for your computer.....
- PLAYAWAY, horrible horrible place F..cked my computer for me, software issue, don't know how to undo a couple of screws.
- Playaway. Should be closed down don't take your computer to them whatever you do.I know aleast five people who have had they'res totally wrecked.
- Cheapest place for brand new games is Sainsbury's in the town.
- Payaway is crap. it smells of sweat in there. GAME have a quite good selection of preowned and a great selection of new games and hardward and also Gamestation which is new. Sainsburys also sell lots of computer games at decent prices, plus u get nectar points.
- the best place by far is GAME! Fantastic place and the staff are good too! Playaway is ok! (upstairs) the downstairs bit is awful! It smells of sweat and spunk! The guy who owns it is very rude, and ignorant!
- gayaways at the bottom of town is good, you can go on the net etc in there too
- Yet again Guildhall Street excells here. A small shop, next to Heads, sells second hand console, pc games and videos (also brand new), at reduced, exceptable prices.A friendly, busy shop. Popular amongst the young and old. 'Internet Cafe' on site. I believe very resonable, too.
- Game in the high-street. Small but got sum gd stuff.
- The little shop just got bigger.... Williams Radio now stocks a selection of computer cables, spares and accessories. Backed up with 30 years IT experience, including 10 years managing and securing webservers and networks on the internet.
- play away is geek central and has a really odd smell
- Play away! to get all your second hand games and new ones!! its horrible in here unless, you spend all day on ur PC and dont wash it suits you down to a T! nah its not 2bad, some good bargains, and there are online games constantly going on in there! There are two GAME stores in folkestone!! not needed!
- C@fe I.T. on Grace Hill for net access
- Play Away in Guidhall street for new and second hand games as well as Internet Access and Network Gaming.
Game hidden in the depths of Debinhams not the best place and its still surpring how many people still dont know it exists.
Of course the usual place such as Woolworths, Smiths etc
- Play Away in Guildhall St
GAME on the basement floor of Debenhams.
- Playaway, Blockbusters
- Play-Away on Guildhall Street on the bottom of the high street is quite good. Quite cheap internet access as well. Library is best for internet though.
- Play Away, if it wasn't full of losers and that guy behind the counter who looks like the comic book store owner from the simpsons, ooh, and the ginger kids who stinks of peanuts and sweat, he must be a hit with the ladies, so you won't see him around much
- Play-away, guildhall street ..... new/second hand games for almost any computers and consoles... also you can play LAN and online games here ... pretty cool!
- all the boys go to play aways but its kinda poo
- Sandgate road near Halfords what was it called!!! Is it still there??
Best toy shop in the world!
- Computer Games in Guildhall Street
play interactive games for a fee on a networked system
good selection of demo games cheap (30p each)
- There is one games shop near Heads in Guildhall Street. Ithink it is owned by the people who owned Play Aways but i'm not to sure. In Debenhams they have a new games department which is ok'ish. Nothing special though.
- Debenhams bottom floor, EB.
- They've all closed down (or soon will)
Inkas was quite good but it's gone now as well
Play Away (cheap second hand console games) has now opened at the bottom of Folkestoe High Street
- the rpg shop in tontine street lasted about 9 months...(enough said)
- The Iinternet cafe on Cheriton High street no longer exists
A computer games shop 'playaway' is on Guildhall Street
- Internet cafe on Cheriton High Street. Also multi-player gaming, but all quite expensive.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Pauly, George, David Walmsley, laura, Adrian Burke, neil, Paul Philpott, sean, Chris, Roger, Marcus Langston, Geoff, J, natalie, karol Steele, Amber Redman, Emily Robins, CRAIG, Claire, alex, Sam Hyland, mads, p. martin, Jim Carr, E.Lewis, Nicola Lumsdon, Tanya, hey.its.carla.again, richard bennett, L.Govan, ?????????, s gillen, TKE, Naomi Lee, Jack Daniels, mel, Allison, Kiz, ian clarke, Buster, char, AE, adrian cirket, Ted, Trish, Liam Dray, Gekkoblaster, jenni, Marie, Nigel Martyn, jon wicken, Mike, Emma Whitten, Buster the third, Olly Rutt, Giles Turnbull (gilest.org), buzzcock, Sam, Ben, kat, nicola tucker nee benson, Hugwy, ron, adam daniels, nicola benson, josh, Joseph, Ruth Golding, Anon, Dave Friday, tom, Charlie Page, j r hartley, sophie davis, ron hall, Mutzy, natalie.solway, Harris, tracy, Jon, matt rowe, Liam mason, Buster the fourth, Terry Moxley, Anonynonk, paul, Ben Grant, tony penfold, M Gosbee, John Biggs, Gillian Gates, Bobby, james, Toni, alice, umf, lucan, jim, samantha shrewsbury, Buster the fifth , doc popper, Carrmar, Allie, Bruce, Billie Burvill, Cowboy clive, peanut, denise, Theresa Shephard, Esme, dave, daniel desborough, sherry, Pete.s, tony de richelieu, jenni allen, jason, Choices, c elms, kev, Richard, johnb121, Richard Hughes, annA, FG, Jack the Kipper, sally palmer, Amie Landsborough, Kev Verrall, Tom Brasington, ANONYNON, waz, Matey, Sonicmook, Kaz, Dee, Colin Terry, Buster the sixth , Helen, Jon Richards, Alan, Kez, generic, Buster , slinko, mrsdepp, Jordan, Ken Bowell, mr Clark, cl, Carla, Joolz, john.walerych, alex swatton, Adam, Lawrence Piddock, gary, Alice Farebrother, Anna & Dan, fred, Bus stop, stuart, James White, Rob, Stone, Nivaya, Papa Lazarou, Esme Humm, James Armitage, Tufty-bater, Steve M, bob, colin, Steve
Last updated: 2012-09-25
More stuff about Folkestone
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Folkestone Knowhere Board