Favourite Building in Folkestone, Kent*
Art deco, contemporary, futuristic, tall, short...
You can tell us more about Folkestone.
- The Grand.
- The Grand
- There are some fantastic buildings in Folkestone if you look hard enough.
- The Grand Hotel
- saga building
- You have got to see it
- Lots of good ones, Metropole/The grand
- The Harvey Grammar, there's loads of Emos and Sk8rs to hang around with.
They are sooo huggable!
- they are all rotton
- Wetherspoons! So big and pretty....
- The beautiful crescent of Victorian houses which overlook the Leas in the West End.
- Metropole!! spelling?? really grand building!!
- The Classic Sainsburys in Town! Its has beaten many closure threats! most recently is when Park Farm Sainsburys opened!
- The Black Bull on Canterbury Road. Very large old building, also partly listed!
- West's house. It's dead cool.
- Clifton Crescent - a stunning street which would not look out of place in central London - beautiful.
- KFC on sandgate road, i dunno why, it's just a thing of beauty....
- the leas cliff hall and all the kickin live bands i still go see there
- the post office.. boy racers
- The church they tore down on top of the hill next to the library, what a waste.
- Stunning neo-gothic, mock-tudor vicxtorian bilding with a gorgeous turret at the end of Earls Avenue next door to the adult education centre
- The Metropole! Oh and the old toll house on the lower road
- The bog behind the Cinema In Guildhall street
- the lookout tower?? an odd looking structure near the seacat port
- I thinl it woulb be either The Grand Or The Metropoll becuse they are so beatifull.
- Boat hut Hythe Canal
- Not many are nice.
- Harvey Grammar School - fond memories of lessons full of information, and break times full of education.
- Le Shuttle Duty Free shops and Channel Tunnel
- Duo's brothel in Risborough lane!we used to love banging on the door and running off!
(actually that was last week!)
- The house on Cheriton near bathhurst road with the tennis court
- The Ship Inn Sandgate
- Martello towers(one open on the east cliff)
- Vic has been spotted in Bar Vasa and other pubs and bars.
- Anywhere on The Bayle
The Rotunda (it may be tacky, but it has history)
- The Sports centre, but only really because I spent half of my life there - school, sport, work, leisure, 'The Sportsmans Bar', that dark, intimate spot at the back of the squash courts on a Saturday night when they held the roller disco
- Europa House
- Parish Church, just off The Bail
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Pauly, George, David Walmsley, laura, Adrian Burke, neil, Paul Philpott, sean, Chris, Roger, Marcus Langston, Geoff, J, natalie, karol Steele, Amber Redman, Emily Robins, CRAIG, Claire, alex, Sam Hyland, mads, p. martin, Jim Carr, E.Lewis, Nicola Lumsdon, Tanya, hey.its.carla.again, richard bennett, L.Govan, ?????????, s gillen, TKE, Naomi Lee, Jack Daniels, mel, Allison, Kiz, ian clarke, Buster, char, AE, adrian cirket, Ted, Trish, Liam Dray, Gekkoblaster, jenni, Marie, Nigel Martyn, jon wicken, Mike, Emma Whitten, Buster the third, Olly Rutt, Giles Turnbull (gilest.org), buzzcock, Sam, Ben, kat, nicola tucker nee benson, Hugwy, ron, adam daniels, nicola benson, josh, Joseph, Ruth Golding, Anon, Dave Friday, tom, Charlie Page, j r hartley, sophie davis, ron hall, Mutzy, natalie.solway, Harris, tracy, Jon, matt rowe, Liam mason, Buster the fourth, Terry Moxley, Anonynonk, paul, Ben Grant, tony penfold, M Gosbee, John Biggs, Gillian Gates, Bobby, james, Toni, alice, umf, lucan, jim, samantha shrewsbury, Buster the fifth , doc popper, Carrmar, Allie, Bruce, Billie Burvill, Cowboy clive, peanut, denise, Theresa Shephard, Esme, dave, daniel desborough, sherry, Pete.s, tony de richelieu, jenni allen, jason, Choices, c elms, kev, Richard, johnb121, Richard Hughes, annA, FG, Jack the Kipper, sally palmer, Amie Landsborough, Kev Verrall, Tom Brasington, ANONYNON, waz, Matey, Sonicmook, Kaz, Dee, Colin Terry, Buster the sixth , Helen, Jon Richards, Alan, Kez, generic, Buster , slinko, mrsdepp, Jordan, Ken Bowell, mr Clark, cl, Carla, Joolz, john.walerych, alex swatton, Adam, Lawrence Piddock, gary, Alice Farebrother, Anna & Dan, fred, Bus stop, stuart, James White, Rob, Stone, Nivaya, Papa Lazarou, Esme Humm, James Armitage, Tufty-bater, Steve M, bob, colin, Steve
Last updated: 2016-09-19
More stuff about Folkestone
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Folkestone Knowhere Board