Live Music Venues in Folkestone, Kent*
Live sounds in a garage, pub, park or stadium
You can tell us more about Folkestone.
Live Music Venues
- The Harp. Chambers. Lime Bar.
- the leas cliff hall
- leas cliff is the only one left in folkestone i think. stripes used to do have a good gig scene tho
- The Leas Cliff Hall for bigger bands, but The Frenchman and The Harbour for pub bands and Chambers for more eclectic artists.
- Lanterns is way better than stripes which is mainly full of little greebos trying to get served underage. the best thing about lanterns is that you dont have to wait outside as the gig starts...and there is a snooker club below with pool, jukebox and sofas.
Leas Cliff Hall gets better acts all the time, Motorhead come back every year but recnt bands include Supergrass, The Ordinary Boys, Bowling For Soup, Reel Big Fish, Funeral For a Friend and cKy
- The Amphitheatre at the bottom of the zig-zag path (by the bandstand, near the Leas Cliff Hall on the Leas) is great for all types of music during those brilliant sunny days. Go to http://www.folkestone.dyndns.org/ to see an extensive catalogue of pictures and videos of some of the events that taken place there.
- leas cliff hall get really good bands, motorhead, cky etc
- Stripes Club on a Friday night. Biggin' it up! Lol.
- stripes and the leas cliff hall.i did used to go to the harp club too when i was younger. Theres always some young lookin people in there!
- Lanterns has real bands on now
- Leas Cliff Hall gets some great acts - recently including the Darkness, Paul Weller, Charlatans and Motorhead! Chambers for more intimate live music - and a recent addition is the Nostalgia Bar down by the harbour.
- Leas Cliff Hall had The Darkness last week and has Electric Six and Motorhead later in the year, is Folkestone on the up?
- Leas Cliff hall where all the wannabe and half decent stars come to play :)
Se it before it disapears into the sea
- Mustangs, in Rendezvous St.
Black Bull on Canterbury Rd, on a Saturday night for Karaoke, always a good laugh!
- leas cliff hall, Strips for all the goths, grunger people, the harp for young lesbians and erm well i dont go to these places cos i dont!
- STRIPES CLUB, THE LEAS?
- Stripes- dont pay to get it, Harp good for druggies to hang out,Leas a rip off, Lanterns no seats, Leas club good place if your 12
- Stripes Club is very cool as is The Harp Club. The Happy Frenchman pub has some good bands too sometimes. The Leas Cliff Hall used to put on some good local band shows too but it's normally rubbish. However Motorhead and The Darkness are both playing it later this year.
- The Harp club apparently has some good gigs. Leas Cliff Hall has limited good ones but the darkness are playing in october this year! The Happy Frenchman pub has some good gigs every now and again.
- Sound Lounge, Harp Club, the Happy Frenchman. There are some big names at the Leas Cliff Hall - recently I saw Paul Weller, Toploader, Reef and Erasure.
- Stripes Club is usually cool, the leas cliff hall has no atmosphere though, and it's full of lightweights who only ever go to gigs by big bands and object to being pushed a little
- heroes and bottoms where part of my mispent youth
- The Frenchman and the Sound Lounge
- the Leas cliff Hall
- Oddfellows, but it's gone now
- Loads of informal places doing occasional gigs, like Mermaids Bar down on the sea front - down the zig-zag path from the Leas, then turn right along the lower promenade until you see a Union Jack flying proudly. Beware Ma Paco's coffee - you will wait forever and it wasn't worth the wait in the first place! But as a music venue, it's hard to beat.
- oddfellows in Ceriton has cool bands.mainly thrash metal bands and duke too. my band is playing 19th July all girl emo band come check it out. ill get everyone in for free!
- Live music at the LCH Leas Cliff. I saw Grand-master mellie Mell there in the early eighties.!! How cool is that!
- For music try the Harp club in on Grace Hill opposite the library
- The Harp Club has live bands at weekends.Check out their site harpclub.co.uk its under new management (2001). Oh and the members are not too scary.
- We have The Stripes Club that holds a monthly rock night which is great. The Harp often has good bands in but it's a bit small and the members are a bit scary.The Leas Cliff Hall aslo has local three band specials which are ok too. Recently Reef and the Levellers have both also played there!!!!!
- Garage nation: 23rd june 2001 earl courts underground
- Manics played the metronome in 1991, what happened to 4A.M
My first gig was the Spin Doctors at the Leas Cliff Hall....doh!
- leas cliff hall
- Bottoms, the venue of the gods.
- Leas cliff hall, they did have Travis and Stereophonics, before they realised
how popular they would become! now all it is is that bloody JETHRO!!!!
- They have excellent jazz and classical concerts at the Metropole Arts Centre on Saturday mornings
- Leas Clif Hall (supposidly)
- Harp club for rock
- Nothing can beat the Leas Cliff Hall when 'Bjorn Again' come to town!
- The Leas Cliff Hall gets the occasional decent band. Hi - Light being when local bands get together for Best In Kent. The Leas Cliff Hall gets the occasional decent band. Hi - Light being when local bands get together for Best In Kent.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Pauly, George, David Walmsley, laura, Adrian Burke, neil, Paul Philpott, sean, Chris, Roger, Marcus Langston, Geoff, J, natalie, karol Steele, Amber Redman, Emily Robins, CRAIG, Claire, alex, Sam Hyland, mads, p. martin, Jim Carr, E.Lewis, Nicola Lumsdon, Tanya, hey.its.carla.again, richard bennett, L.Govan, ?????????, s gillen, TKE, Naomi Lee, Jack Daniels, mel, Allison, Kiz, ian clarke, Buster, char, AE, adrian cirket, Ted, Trish, Liam Dray, Gekkoblaster, jenni, Marie, Nigel Martyn, jon wicken, Mike, Emma Whitten, Buster the third, Olly Rutt, Giles Turnbull (gilest.org), buzzcock, Sam, Ben, kat, nicola tucker nee benson, Hugwy, ron, adam daniels, nicola benson, josh, Joseph, Ruth Golding, Anon, Dave Friday, tom, Charlie Page, j r hartley, sophie davis, ron hall, Mutzy, natalie.solway, Harris, tracy, Jon, matt rowe, Liam mason, Buster the fourth, Terry Moxley, Anonynonk, paul, Ben Grant, tony penfold, M Gosbee, John Biggs, Gillian Gates, Bobby, james, Toni, alice, umf, lucan, jim, samantha shrewsbury, Buster the fifth , doc popper, Carrmar, Allie, Bruce, Billie Burvill, Cowboy clive, peanut, denise, Theresa Shephard, Esme, dave, daniel desborough, sherry, Pete.s, tony de richelieu, jenni allen, jason, Choices, c elms, kev, Richard, johnb121, Richard Hughes, annA, FG, Jack the Kipper, sally palmer, Amie Landsborough, Kev Verrall, Tom Brasington, ANONYNON, waz, Matey, Sonicmook, Kaz, Dee, Colin Terry, Buster the sixth , Helen, Jon Richards, Alan, Kez, generic, Buster , slinko, mrsdepp, Jordan, Ken Bowell, mr Clark, cl, Carla, Joolz, john.walerych, alex swatton, Adam, Lawrence Piddock, gary, Alice Farebrother, Anna & Dan, fred, Bus stop, stuart, James White, Rob, Stone, Nivaya, Papa Lazarou, Esme Humm, James Armitage, Tufty-bater, Steve M, bob, colin, Steve
Last updated: 2016-09-19
More stuff about Folkestone
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Folkestone Knowhere Board