Pubs in Folkestone, Kent*
The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Folkestone.
- best pub ever was the harp but some silly bastard has closed it down, 2nd best is harveys wine bar... my dad used to take me in there to play pool lol
- la vue
- The Fountain, Bar Vasa, The Royal George, The Guildhall or Leas Club
- The Lifeboat.. when Geoff was the landlord... the BEST pub in town... some of those guest ales he used to get in were lethal... So were the Snakebites he used to serve... the number of times I crawled home after a night in there!! I wonder what happened to Jamie, Ray and the rest of the crowd?
- The Chambers is the only place to go.
- the lanterns snooker club in rendezvous street for great beer and friendly environment - and the odd celebrity snooker professional
- Skuba bar nice garden to sit in. Nice 2 share a bottle of wine.
- The Leas Club. OMG anyone above the age of 3 will get in here.
- moorehall is the daddy of all pubs!cheap beer and pool plus nice bar staff.
- the raglan
- Skuba Bar has a great atmosphere and is a laugh. Or Nostalgia Bar - although their food leaves a bit to be desired.
- gillespies down the harbour is prob the best pub in folkestone, good crowd of people and perfect as its right near priz! leas club is now full of 13yr olds and you aint got much els!!!
- There are three really nice oriental buffet restaurants in folkestone town! all very similar, go to all three to decide which one is best! Kalala, Hello Kitchen of Oriental Buffet, my personal favourite, is Hello Kitchen! There are nice Indians around aswell, New Delhi and Bikashi, both have a good repuation Bikash has the buffet on sunday night! and New Delhi, offer 1/2 price take away on the first sunday of each month!! very good, but get your order in quick because it takes a while!
- The Front which was "Oddfellows" is set to become a 50's nostalgia pub called-wait for it-"NOSTALGIA"-Good,eh?
- The Black Bull in canterbury rd, actually one of the best pubs in folkestone. the inside is nice and clean, and friendly and warm, even an open fire in the bar area! 2 big screens for when the footie is on! Saturday night Karaoke is a great laugh!!
- Chambers again, it's got pool, music, real ale and food, a winner...
- Mustangs in Rendezvous St
The Black Bull in Canterbury Road, nice looking pub, considering the area its in!
- The Beech
- one of the best places to hook up in town is Mustangs on Rendezvous St, its a downhill walk to the clubs, and it caters for all music lovers, it also has 2 pool tables and a darts board, and a cool new drink created nearly every fortnight. Also the only place in town where you can get fresh vodka jelly!
- Spoons! always cheap and good for a laugh! the stairs to the toilets however are HARD when drunk!!!
Leas Club is always super as well!
fountain is out the way but good.
loads of pubs really, to many to mention!
- The Blackbull pub is quite good. It's on Blackbull Road opposite Canterbury Road.
- Skuba is great. Chambers is OK too.
- Thistle and Shamrock rules!!!
- Oh many a night i wasted in the white lion in cheriton and at the weekends the pullman wine bar before hitting pipers
- The Pullman, stear clear of sophie ---> mid 40s, bleached WHITE hair!
- Forget the Leas Club if you're over 18. Try the Frenchman for live music, Chambers for cocktails or Skuba to just chill.
- The good ol' cheese club (leas club) - really filthy place, needs doing up, but has 9 pool tables, so even when busy can normally get in a game or two.
- the front, on the harbour formerly the oddfellows arms is defitnelly worth a bash the place is now under new management so the prices have gone down at long last, the staff are cool and polite
- well the best pub i have been in latley has to be the front it is situated on the harbour under the arches, it used to be called the odd fellows. it has a friendly and warm atmosphere, well done ron and simon the new landlords
- the worst and most seedy bar i have been in ever has to be skuba bar on the leas it looks trendy but when u get in there u get nothing but sexual harrasment. it is a gay bar but does not like gay people(work that one out) iff u want to get touched up or see free porn with men getting out thier parts then this is the bar for you.....
- Your best bet is to buy it in Lidl supermarket and hope they don't ask for ID
- big up the brickfield massive
- LONG LIVE ODDFELLOWS...NOW CALLED THE FRONT...WE MISS YOU KEN!
- Just out site of folkestone is the Black Horse at the rear is the Sound House at tye last opening 5 people turned up
- East Cliff Pavillion on Wear Bay Road above the Sunny Sands. For years they served the best fish and chips every day and on Sundays the best Sunday Lunch like mother used to make. BUT I have just heard that Dave and Wendy have given up the lease and it is under new management. Would be nice to know what it is like now as we have super memories of the great food served there in the 1990's
- Chambers is the best bar in town. No chave's or rude boys go there. It is like a secret club for hippies and skaters.
- weatherspoons is a good crack but the bouncers are twats and spotty
- When we were `fresh-faced' we used to go to the Cherry Pickers in Cheriton. Crap lager and fizzy warm bitter. Madness!
- Chambers is the best thing about Folkestone, affordable booze, good atmosphere, a low proportion of Kappa wear and a top landlord.
- The White Lion in Cheriton is a quiet pub, with a friendly atmosphere ideal if you cant face a big crowd. The staff are plesant and friendly and the pub attracts people looking for a quiet night out. They also have guest rooms if you can't manage to walk home!
- the leas club
- Pullman for a fight or leas club for lots of spotty,nerdy people
- I mostly like going into tatty old places and asking for a pint of their finest "warm ole kent piss". Failing that it's down to Halfords for some anti freeze and window cleaner.
I like the ones with young pie. Hmmmm. Pie.
- Wetherspoons is good to take a bird,cheap drink,get her pissed and then round by the alley..
- The Morehall on Cheriton has a good atmosphere and the wetherspoons in town has got a great ceiling
- the ship in sandgate is the only pub for good beer and proper food especially chunky sandwiches
- The Ship in Sandgate is the only good pub for miles. New Year's Eve is wonderful down there, and Stuart the landlord should be an inspiration to landlords everywhere.
- Chambers is about the worst "fun pub" I have ever seen, despite what most people think. Don't go there. Wetherspoons is far better, and cheaper
- The Sub Club is now called The Chambers and is very popular on a Friday and Saturday night. Also open for coffee in the day and will soon serve food.
Bar Vasa is in Sandgate, a stones throw from the beach, very modern and popular in the summer.
- Quite impressed with 'Wetherspoons' but I'm not sure the previous residents of the 'hellfire & brimstone' church that it used to be would approve. The painted 'clouds' ceiling is smart, it gives you something to focus on when you're flat on your back after one too many lagers!
- The Pullman (if its still there?)
- Providence Inn Sandgate High Street Sandgate, recommend pub ale good, rear door leads to shingle beach
- Ahhhhhhh!!!! So lovely pubs in old Folkestone. The Harbour being one of my favourite
- The Dukes head in Hythe (which is near Folkestone), anyone of any age can get served.
- Harvey's Wine Bar - excellent watering hole - whole range of beers (CAMRA Good Beer Guide 1998) and wines -
- The Lifeboat on The Durlocks can be good for lock-in!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Pauly, George, David Walmsley, laura, Adrian Burke, neil, Paul Philpott, sean, Chris, Roger, Marcus Langston, Geoff, J, natalie, karol Steele, Amber Redman, Emily Robins, CRAIG, Claire, alex, Sam Hyland, mads, p. martin, Jim Carr, E.Lewis, Nicola Lumsdon, Tanya, hey.its.carla.again, richard bennett, L.Govan, ?????????, s gillen, TKE, Naomi Lee, Jack Daniels, mel, Allison, Kiz, ian clarke, Buster, char, AE, adrian cirket, Ted, Trish, Liam Dray, Gekkoblaster, jenni, Marie, Nigel Martyn, jon wicken, Mike, Emma Whitten, Buster the third, Olly Rutt, Giles Turnbull (gilest.org), buzzcock, Sam, Ben, kat, nicola tucker nee benson, Hugwy, ron, adam daniels, nicola benson, josh, Joseph, Ruth Golding, Anon, Dave Friday, tom, Charlie Page, j r hartley, sophie davis, ron hall, Mutzy, natalie.solway, Harris, tracy, Jon, matt rowe, Liam mason, Buster the fourth, Terry Moxley, Anonynonk, paul, Ben Grant, tony penfold, M Gosbee, John Biggs, Gillian Gates, Bobby, james, Toni, alice, umf, lucan, jim, samantha shrewsbury, Buster the fifth , doc popper, Carrmar, Allie, Bruce, Billie Burvill, Cowboy clive, peanut, denise, Theresa Shephard, Esme, dave, daniel desborough, sherry, Pete.s, tony de richelieu, jenni allen, jason, Choices, c elms, kev, Richard, johnb121, Richard Hughes, annA, FG, Jack the Kipper, sally palmer, Amie Landsborough, Kev Verrall, Tom Brasington, ANONYNON, waz, Matey, Sonicmook, Kaz, Dee, Colin Terry, Buster the sixth , Helen, Jon Richards, Alan, Kez, generic, Buster , slinko, mrsdepp, Jordan, Ken Bowell, mr Clark, cl, Carla, Joolz, john.walerych, alex swatton, Adam, Lawrence Piddock, gary, Alice Farebrother, Anna & Dan, fred, Bus stop, stuart, James White, Rob, Stone, Nivaya, Papa Lazarou, Esme Humm, James Armitage, Tufty-bater, Steve M, bob, colin, Steve
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Folkestone
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Folkestone Knowhere Board