Record Shops in Folkestone, Kent*
The places where you buy your music
You can tell us more about Folkestone.
- The best record shop is opposite the cool white building that used to be the town hall.
- music room!!! best place for music
- the music room is got to be the best place to get cd's in folkestone they have wide range selection of cd's including albums by local bands.
- no record shops but hopefully when folkestone shopping centre is finnished they might cater for everyone
- Music Room at the bottom of town by Pizza Hut is legendary, they have almost everything you could want. old or new.
- lets buy some music in Dover and Hythe - by far the best indie shops min the area.
Gary and Louise really know their stuff
- The Music Room, they sell badges 2!!! YEY
- The Music Room, in Guildhall Street, it sells all sorts, and badges!
- go to richards records in canturbury
- Richard's Records.
- all the way to canterbury and richards records cos folkestone is useless for music.altho there is a half decent shop near pizza hut now
- SPECTRUM RECORDS:DRUM N BASS MOSTLY LOCATED AT THE BOTTEM OF OLD HIGH STREET
- Sanity opposite M&S
- Sanity(in town) , Music and tatoo(central station)
Music and tatoo in the central station
- it was our price, it was virgin, it was HMV, it was Sainity and its now???? i dont know what it is now!!!! cos i havent been into town recently! but onlines cheaper anyway!!
- RICHARDS RECORDS (ASHFORD)
- Lets buy some music-hythe
- There's a few decent CD's in the shop near the bridge by Radnar Park. I saw the Jester album and Hindsight Live At The Leas Cliff Hall.
- There is apparently a new one opened near central station opposite magdas. Have not had chance to check out yet. Sanity which used to be virgin and ourprice before it was virgin!
- Sanity in the High Street
- Folkestone's crap for it, for the only really good shop you've gotta go to the music box in ashford, it rocks (Althought hey keep playing really terrible stuff like linkin park in the background, hmm...)
- Hummingbird records was always my first point of call with any spare cash.Andy would order anything for you and did not mind you browsing for hours.
- U gotta go to Canterbury
- our price, no wait its now virgen, no wait they changed it again its now sanity, well im loosing mine just keeping track..get it track lol i know not funny
- The one that used to be on Tontine street and let you listen to the sounds before you bought them in that little booth.
- Spindle Records on Guildhall Street is a vinyl lover's Mecca
- FOLKESTONE MARKET ON SUNDAY!!! ALL THE LATEST CD'S (genuine not fakes!!) AT PRICES NOT SEEN IN THE SHOPS. ALWAYS BUY FROM THERE. PRICES ARE GENERALLY FROM £8.99 BUT HAVE BOX SETS WITH 3 CD'S IN THEM FOR £5 - well worth a look - not a fly by night stall usually there in all weathers. THERE ARE 2 MUSIC STALLS AT THE MARKET THE ONE I'M TALKING ABOUT IS IN THE CENTRE OF THE MARKET AND CATER FOR ALL TASTES. THE OTHER STALL MAINLY SELLS HEADBANGING MUSIC AND CAN BE HEARD HALFWAY DOWN THE SEA FRONT.
- Record shops came and went but the best place for music was the trustworthy charity shops!! Must admit wasn't too hip at the time!
- not many apart from the v shop house garage sound better of going somewhere else
- Spindles in Guildhall street
- Virgin Records in sandgate road where you can also buy a totaly usless vigin mobile phone i bought one
- Well record shops we don't have so many of really. Suit 16 (opposite the closed indoor market)has always been good from rare and second hand stuff. If your looking for older stuff Clive is your man. Don't even bother with the new "v shop" i've been in once and it has like one cd in there or something!
- The only shop in town in the newly opened V shop.
- Spindles in Guildhall street is a revelation especially for those interested in Tijiuna Brass Band music. Im going to buy that Mr Spock Sings Songs from out of Space record when he drops the price from £15...rip off.
- None in folkestone, gotta go to Canturbury for any decent underground shops
- Hummingbirds, that was useless...is it still open?
- HMV in canterbury kicks the arse out of our little,help i cant breathe in here,our price!
- Folkestone is now completely devoid of decent record shops. In the old days there were Hummingbird, and second hand stuff in the market, both now sadly disappeared.
- There is only one - our price
Re-Pete i n Hythe is apparently good
- Hummingbird records closed years ago
- Woolworths is the biggest selling entertaiment store. There virtually is nowhere other than Ourprice, and that is crap
- Gotta agree on the Hummingbird Records entry - much of a mis-spent youth occured here
- Humming Bird Records.
- Boots, Woolworths, WHSmiths (If they count)
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Pauly, George, David Walmsley, laura, Adrian Burke, neil, Paul Philpott, sean, Chris, Roger, Marcus Langston, Geoff, J, natalie, karol Steele, Amber Redman, Emily Robins, CRAIG, Claire, alex, Sam Hyland, mads, p. martin, Jim Carr, E.Lewis, Nicola Lumsdon, Tanya, hey.its.carla.again, richard bennett, L.Govan, ?????????, s gillen, TKE, Naomi Lee, Jack Daniels, mel, Allison, Kiz, ian clarke, Buster, char, AE, adrian cirket, Ted, Trish, Liam Dray, Gekkoblaster, jenni, Marie, Nigel Martyn, jon wicken, Mike, Emma Whitten, Buster the third, Olly Rutt, Giles Turnbull (gilest.org), buzzcock, Sam, Ben, kat, nicola tucker nee benson, Hugwy, ron, adam daniels, nicola benson, josh, Joseph, Ruth Golding, Anon, Dave Friday, tom, Charlie Page, j r hartley, sophie davis, ron hall, Mutzy, natalie.solway, Harris, tracy, Jon, matt rowe, Liam mason, Buster the fourth, Terry Moxley, Anonynonk, paul, Ben Grant, tony penfold, M Gosbee, John Biggs, Gillian Gates, Bobby, james, Toni, alice, umf, lucan, jim, samantha shrewsbury, Buster the fifth , doc popper, Carrmar, Allie, Bruce, Billie Burvill, Cowboy clive, peanut, denise, Theresa Shephard, Esme, dave, daniel desborough, sherry, Pete.s, tony de richelieu, jenni allen, jason, Choices, c elms, kev, Richard, johnb121, Richard Hughes, annA, FG, Jack the Kipper, sally palmer, Amie Landsborough, Kev Verrall, Tom Brasington, ANONYNON, waz, Matey, Sonicmook, Kaz, Dee, Colin Terry, Buster the sixth , Helen, Jon Richards, Alan, Kez, generic, Buster , slinko, mrsdepp, Jordan, Ken Bowell, mr Clark, cl, Carla, Joolz, john.walerych, alex swatton, Adam, Lawrence Piddock, gary, Alice Farebrother, Anna & Dan, fred, Bus stop, stuart, James White, Rob, Stone, Nivaya, Papa Lazarou, Esme Humm, James Armitage, Tufty-bater, Steve M, bob, colin, Steve
Last updated: 2016-09-19
More stuff about Folkestone
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Folkestone Knowhere Board