The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else in Folkestone, Kent*
The things which can't be categorised
You can tell us more about Folkestone.
The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- send the dirty guys doing the puppetry of the penis show back home. we don't want that kind of stuff in this town. there r strip clubs on Amsterdam 4 that sort of thing
- History: In Doomsday, Folkestone was valued at 100 pounds.
- I LOVE THIS SITE <3
- Free Benson
- Where's the beach??? Not much of one.
Thank god i live in fab Hastings.
- Emo and Sk8r pages. Teens who like Quicksilver, Skatboards, and Rock music (Greenday, Good Charlotte, Reel Big Fish, Rooster)
Also, bands playing at the Leas Cliff Hall.
- If you want to get out of this town and move home or just buy a holiday home in a sunnier climate contact `Claremont Property Services` or clickon www.claremontpropertyservices.com
- Folkestone does not really exist --- It's just a figment of your imagination ----You're having a nightmare ----
- The Sainsburys in town is due to get a big refit within the next 2 years!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! look out west park farm lol
- I have lived here for 3 years now, and it still feels like I'm on holiday! Folkestone is incredibly underrated - its a fabulous place to live or visit.
- When I came down here from Leeds in 1987 I was a disillusioned man . Now that I live in Folkestone at least I know why
- NEWSFLASH! It would appear according to Asda that they have no further plans to build a Asda store in folkestone!! And You can check the planning permisson info on the council webiste, there is nothing on asda!!!
- WE DONT WANT ASDA IN FOLKESTONE!!!
- There's a high speed rail link on the way, Folkestone to Kings Cross in 45 minutes, what's that going to do to the town..?
- Stay Away from the leas at night, because it is a well known spot for "Women of the night" Also watch out for the filthy immigrants in the night clubs, as they will rob you, just as look at you!
- Plebs to watch out for (All rudeboys)Most of Folkestone is rudeboy territory
- Friday is your classic drunken night! if your not out friday, you better be getting some, house party, ill, on holiday, at work or have no friends! cos friday or saturday are the nights to be out!!!
tape your bo selecta, give you something to watch after the footie on saturday!
- FOLKESTONE IS SHIT DONT COME HERE EVER
- Folkestone will always have a special place in my heart as I met the man of my dreams there.
- Back in the early 1900s the leas was a lovely place apparently - you had to be in smart dress to walk down it, now walk along it in the evening and you'll see lots of men acting suspiciously...
- Free accommodation with friendly helpfull staff, Free transport from anywhere in the Folkestone area, Free health care usually within one hour, no waiting.
Free food and drinks on request, Early call arranged for you, Free legal advice if requested, Free fag's. WHERE!
HOTEL BOUVERIE HOUSE
Have a good Christmas, be seeing you
- I wish more London commuters would live here by the sea; Brighton is both nasty and passe. Folkestone has bags more potential, and your moolah buys you a lot in the property market. Only by money moving into the East End, which is happening, will elevate it out of the doldrums.
- It's a shame Folkestone has become so run down, I moved to Folkestone in the early eighty's
and it was a nice place then. It still has it's nice sides but like any other seaside town it was neglected for
many years. Ugly buildings started sprouting up all over the place, boring fencing was erected where it was least needed
and people seemed to loose their pride in their Home town. So not just the council is to blame, we could all help
to make Folkestone a friendly and clean place again. The start was made when the council at last started to get the Harbour
looking good again... there is so much more that we could all do to make things better, so what is stopping us ? ? ?
- Just like any other town, Folkestone has its ups and downs. Problem is, unlike Asford with its Bowling and new Cinema, there is nothing special about it.
- We need to orginise press gangs to round up all the ilegal imogrants ship them out to a large tanker send them out to sea and pull out the plug
- Lower Sandgate Road Park - excellent amusement for children, plenty of seating for adults. Gets busy in Summer.
- The lovely new Ampitheare that has been built as part of a scheem to bring more ppeople to our town is great, It is free to see performances and is lovely in the summer. They have also built an amazeing childrens play area too.
- I hated it when I was a teenager, but I've got quite a soft spot for it now.
- There is no top toffy here - looked for ages, they must all be at home
- Famous Folkestone Residents
I'd like to correct an entry about June Brown (EastEnders Dot Cotton) - she actually has a flat in Earls Avenue. And her husband, Robert Arnold (who starred as DC Swain in Dixon of Dock Green, and was in the Wedding Anniversay episode of Fawlty Towers)has a flat in Priory Gardens.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Pauly, George, David Walmsley, laura, Adrian Burke, neil, Paul Philpott, sean, Chris, Roger, Marcus Langston, Geoff, J, natalie, karol Steele, Amber Redman, Emily Robins, CRAIG, Claire, alex, Sam Hyland, mads, p. martin, Jim Carr, E.Lewis, Nicola Lumsdon, Tanya, hey.its.carla.again, richard bennett, L.Govan, ?????????, s gillen, TKE, Naomi Lee, Jack Daniels, mel, Allison, Kiz, ian clarke, Buster, char, AE, adrian cirket, Ted, Trish, Liam Dray, Gekkoblaster, jenni, Marie, Nigel Martyn, jon wicken, Mike, Emma Whitten, Buster the third, Olly Rutt, Giles Turnbull (gilest.org), buzzcock, Sam, Ben, kat, nicola tucker nee benson, Hugwy, ron, adam daniels, nicola benson, josh, Joseph, Ruth Golding, Anon, Dave Friday, tom, Charlie Page, j r hartley, sophie davis, ron hall, Mutzy, natalie.solway, Harris, tracy, Jon, matt rowe, Liam mason, Buster the fourth, Terry Moxley, Anonynonk, paul, Ben Grant, tony penfold, M Gosbee, John Biggs, Gillian Gates, Bobby, james, Toni, alice, umf, lucan, jim, samantha shrewsbury, Buster the fifth , doc popper, Carrmar, Allie, Bruce, Billie Burvill, Cowboy clive, peanut, denise, Theresa Shephard, Esme, dave, daniel desborough, sherry, Pete.s, tony de richelieu, jenni allen, jason, Choices, c elms, kev, Richard, johnb121, Richard Hughes, annA, FG, Jack the Kipper, sally palmer, Amie Landsborough, Kev Verrall, Tom Brasington, ANONYNON, waz, Matey, Sonicmook, Kaz, Dee, Colin Terry, Buster the sixth , Helen, Jon Richards, Alan, Kez, generic, Buster , slinko, mrsdepp, Jordan, Ken Bowell, mr Clark, cl, Carla, Joolz, john.walerych, alex swatton, Adam, Lawrence Piddock, gary, Alice Farebrother, Anna & Dan, fred, Bus stop, stuart, James White, Rob, Stone, Nivaya, Papa Lazarou, Esme Humm, James Armitage, Tufty-bater, Steve M, bob, colin, Steve
Last updated: 2016-03-03
More stuff about Folkestone
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Folkestone Knowhere Board