Hookup Spots in Glasgow, Strathclyde*
Inside Information and Stuff Only Locals Know
You can tell us more about Glasgow.
- Sub Club is one of the best places for singles to party in Glasgow, Sub Club is more than fun and friendly. From their roaring selection of DJ nights that hail down with some of the finest in house and alternative, to their affordability, Sub Club is a great place to revel in the single life in the city.
- doon the jewel scheme
- St. Enoch's Center, the square, central station nd jamaica street.
- still hang about central and get drunk on a friday night after Catty lol loads of Emos with their drainpipe jeans taking photos of Kara A.k.a Frankenstein and calling her fetis. we love kara though.
- we the birky boys hing aboot up the tap dancer wae oor swlly and a few drugs n at, if no the tap dancer itll b doon eh lucy brae or the ferm or the dark lane cosin a riot in all schemes.
- all the goths nd moshers meet up at the BACK steps of the art gallery and buchanan galleries
- Modern Art Galery
- The steps leading up to Avalanche Records from Queen St. station. A nice rough undiluted mix of 'angry' teenagers, old jakies dancing to their own tune and the occasional bewildered middle class parent, who took the wrong turn for Virgin Megastores on Buchanan St.
- Onywhaur n ivriwhaur . Glesca is richt bonnie . Git it oan . fae thi Gumshie ! Yons wit chinwag n parlie . Yons wit disco n puff n charlie , n thons wit read n learn n art . Glesca is no mean city ! Wur in revolution . Wur on thi edge . Guid cunntrie roon by , intit , oor a cunntrie , fudd E , Dun Tree . Some twally bombed ma Faithirs hoose . So a learnt thur tongue n made peace wi thim . Nae point fechtin wi stranejurs . Glesca n Scotlin hae a very peculiar history , which noo iz in absolute fuckin daft dissarray , A prefer a giggle , like the first few hits a hash !! GEMDO !! Buckie n coughEE , twa lumps nae wan , e'er makin funniez. Time tae git serious ! Gaun oot n enjoy , sooner ur laytur its gonna bi gemmdur . Inturnashunallie ! Gaaaaauuuunnn Gemdur . Gemmmdddooo .Whurur ye fae nae borr . Gang weel . Oors iz a gid lant . Thi Glesca Yins . Am a Bankie Yin , by thi by .Bairsdin . Temple . Ruchill . Yorkhill . Thi Haugh . Thi Braesie . Faiflie . Pertick . Bin a roon by . nae hassle cept fae aboot three twalldos owur 28 years . No bad gaun .A ken yur yins roon by weel n a'ur gemmiez . If a dinnae kin yur folk a kin wan maingst yiz . Ye anow . Cum roon by in Gemmdie stylee . Glescas fu a wee bittie gemspots , personally a prefur roon by the Mulguy , Campsies n roon by , Balmaha, Kilpatrick Hulls , Aw roon thi roonby , RUNE by , wi thi a by . By thi by . Chow .
Hey check out this cool recording studio in Glasgows Westend. We had a great recording session & payed a great price. Gotta be the cheapest.
GoGoStudios Multimedia email@example.com
For professionals & the creative on a budget!
- Gone to the gallerries, looking for the goths and found theres none there, even before 5:15? Try the mcDonalds next to the cathouse - we go there when the police tell us to bugger off.
- "A good skating spot and bmx riding spot is the pavallion just behind cares park.
it has smooth concrete a lot of waxed curbs a flat bank thing wich is good for skateboards and there lots of decient skaters and 1 bmx rider(me)dont go after
9pm though lots of arseholes and jackie neds from columba.
- http://www.goat.cx. Nuff said.
- barbecue kings
- Great new Recording Studio in Glasgow's Westend called GoGoStudios Multimedia, www.gogostudios.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
We had a really great session at gogostudios and paid a fantastic price.
Down the co
- Under the clock in Central Station wearing a Carnation in your Lapel.
- The Sandyford Initiave. It's a family planning centre, but it has a good uncensored free access point for the internet. After that you've got the Mitchell library for skating or in the other direction Kelvingrove park -Althogh they're working on the skate bit at the moment
- Central Station and Royal Exchange Square are great for meeting your mates because their right in the middle of town next to the shops, pubs, clubs and restaurants
- Glasgow uni, but its pure baws because we ALWAYS get chased off for doing absolutely nufin!
- The Calton Pool Hall..............18 London Rd. Glasgow Cross........Down Town Glesga...Stay Cool , Play Pool............
- bowlingball.co.uk - funniest site about Glasgow I have seen in a long time.
- Chrsist knows , not the Hogs Head cause there's 2 in the space of 6 meters , and you'll end up going to the wrong one .
- Walking up and down Great Western road about midnight, will enable you to meet some mature male friends.
- The big legs clock outside of the buchanan bus station. In close proximity to Cali and Buchanan Street. Where you go from there is up to you.
- You've got Glasgow Central which is a favourite spot to meet people, especially when its pissing down, at least you'll be relatively dry there.
- Goths, moshers, punks and alternative music lovers, have since moved from the Gallery of modern art steps, to the steps at the back of borders book shop, which is behind the Galleries.....though it is still referred to as ' the galleries'. Everyone who is anyone hangs about there, but after about 5/5.15 numbers drop as most people go to queue for the cathouse.
- A lot of teenage goths wearing the usual black slipknot attire meet up and sit around there in Glasgow Central Station just next to the elevator at Bonaparties.
- Outside the GOMA in Glasgow city centre is where all the alternative teens hang about, the age ranges from 12 to 18 or 19. The back of the goma, is where the skaters are.
- The best hook up spot around is definitely st enoch square at approx 11.15pm on a friday or saturday night. if you can, bring plenty of fags and baggy jeans and money. ifyou haVE A PHONE bring that too. and put the ringer on very high setting. also make sure there is plenty of lose change in your pockets. If you feel it to be neccessary shout out really loudly.
- At the dancin
- the park in Mosshead
- Outside Forbidden Planet in Buchanan St. - all the sci-fi fans etc. meet here or on the steps outside the galleries.
33333George and the Dragon, beside A! Books&Comics off Argyle street on a Saturday morning will give all RPG fans a kick.
- Alfred Terrace.
- All the wee tosspots wearing nu metal hoodies looking miserable and being thoroughly irritating hang out in the art museum. And Flip, a clothes shop on Bath Street, which used to be really good when it was on Queen Street, but now they pander to 7 year olds who like Alien Ant Farm. An auld git like me tends to bump into folk at The Cathouse on Union Street, which plays cobblers old and nu metal. It is risible, but you get let in even if you are totally jiimmied (jimmy nailed=aled.)
- Botanics gardens , THE place
- Kelvingrove Park in Summer, definitely.
- Has to be the bench on Byres Rd, between the bank and the car park, were you can watch the world go by, while sitting talking to George (the older gentlemen who sit there RELIGIOUSLY all day every day) one of glasgows old school.
- i used to hang at the GOMA but ive grown out that besides its now getting took over by ...shock horror..NEDS or worse still neds who think they like rock music (neds in black)
cheers limp bizkit,slipknot and wheatus
- Outside Gallery of modern Art
- sauchiehall street
- Springburn Park!
- The top of the hill in Belahousten park is a great hang out on a clear night. You get a great view over the west end and south of the city.
- Royal Exchange Square for moshers and goths, as well as hanging about inside flip (pretending to) look at clothes.
- The Modern art gallery is an OK place to hook-up with goths and shit but if you wanna hang with some sk8rs then try A: royal exchange square (Although the polis will turn up and patronise you if you start skating) or B: tribal junkie, downstairs flip, just hang and talk to sum folk. Don't go to the old roller-rink in Kelvingrove cuz they throw milk at me friends.
- Lets venture over to the Southside for a minute... The greeny and the speedy, and kings park. But watch out for folk hiding in the bushes, behind trees etc..! Oh and those old mattresses arent there for nothing you know.
Train stations generally. Only do this if you are a wee bit neddy- Trackies compulsory. As are socks over them.
School playgrounds, such as that of where your narrator began her education as a fresh-faced wee lassie: St. F*****'s.
- George Sq in summer time. Kelvingrove Park. Botanic Gardens.
- At the top of Buchanan St At the stairs where the concert hall is.THE PLACE TO MEET AS U CAN GET TO IT FROM ALL DIRECTIONS
- Fri 29 Sep 00 - midnite - Buchanan St - the new bud ad hit the city centre - almost non stop for around 3 hours, all I could hear from my spyhole beside the underground was mad cries of waazzup, aaaaarrrrgh, eeeeeegggh, the lot,everyone shouting to everybody. It was mad, it was magic!!! It must have carried all round the City Centre.
Also worth a mention - the busker at the side of Buchanan St Underground, I see him on a Fri and Sat night into the early hours, all the young folk are stopping and joining in. Worth a looksee.
- up the golfie with a bevvy
- THE GOOD THING ABOUT GLASGOW IS WE ALREADY HAVE CLUBS FOR THE UNDER 18'S. THE VENUES ARE ALSO IN THE BIGGER CLUBS IN THE CITY, LIKE ARCHAOS. THERE'S OBVIOUSLY NO DRINK ALLOWED BUT THAT DOESN'T STOP THE TEENAGERS IN GLASGOW! A QUICK BOTTLE OF SOMETHING IN THE BUS ON YOUR WAY TO THE CLUB IS NOTHING UNUSUAL! IF YOUR YOUNGER AND DON'T HEAD INTO TOWN FOR THE NIGHT MOST TEENAGERS WILL HANG ABOUT ON STREET CORNERS, REGARDLESS OF THE WEATHER! THEY'LL GET DRUNK, TAKE DRUGS, MEET MEMBERS OF THE OPPOSITE SEX AND GENERALLY 'CAUSE ALOT OF NOISE AND TROUBLE FOR RESIDENTS AND THE POLICE! THERE'S NO MONEY IN THE SUBURBS AND PEOPLE ARE GENERALLY BORED WITH HAVING NOTHING TO DO!
- There are hardly ever skate boarders outside the Gallery of Modern Art now! Where are they all? I need to know!
- The neds of Partick hing about it Partick cross desroyed park at the cross
and the best chippie is the Uni Cafe
- Byres Road, outside the QM, anywhere in the west end.
- You'll always find a bunch of wee neds hanging about St.Enoch bus station with their baseball caps etc.
- All the goths sit outside the Modern Art Gallery - so don't go there
- Kelvingrove Park/Botanical Gardens, ST ENoch's Center, outside shops in the pedestrian part of the city centre (this is all school age hook ups)
- Hook-up spots in Glasgow are pubs - there are no other places.
- St Enoch's Centre.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Kevin Burleigh, Tom Murray, emma watson, Gary B, mick, jonny snee, brian robinson, neil, Andy Roberts, modeski, janet, Tony Love, Mike Kulwicki, Ashley, Russell Cassidy, Karl', Joker, andy brown, chrisy, Claire, Malky, Iain Sandlan, Ciaran M., Dave, jay hoolihan, Samantha, frank, audrey horton, Natalie, ricky, Drew, lj, johnny, Robert Shah, Magnum, pauline connolly, m0r1arty, Noeleen-Anne Murphy, LM, sam coleman, sarah, Kevin Wilson, David Cameron, Ross Aitchison, tom simpson, Yon Yin, stacey, ivor biggun, Pooka, jules, SARAH LAKER, andrea, Decci, Morag Malloy, jonathan emery, Angie P, Windmill, jake, Becky Thomson, leighlou, tommy hopper, Mike, matt, Steve Kelly, Michael Devaney, bigjtlh, fi, Andy C, ybf ya bass, Hecotr, DRUNKEN JOCK, gemma, Jamie, laure, hoggie, alannisbet, peter the painter, JENNY, *, STUART ELLIOTT, settlov, amserious, Jimmy, David Tait, darren, tino, Disco Davy, Robert Gillespie, jcn, jiop, Max Murphy, Michael Cameron, paul jarvie, Dauvit Alexander, SRD, Lorna, Kerr, Andy, Teresa Attwater, jim thomas, Phil Howie, Mike Malcolm, Tracy, Susan J Matthews, Peter Halliday, David Evans, Katie Sutherland, Niall, FRASER MCNEILL, Lennox Ogilvie, iain, jav, Mizium, Gunner, louise, Skate Cambie, Craig Morris, wee man, Kenny Hamilton, lukez, James, electrochix, Alice, Kelly McGachy, Jess, joe Blow, ruth mackenzie, ed smith, Brian, Neil Burrows, rebecca ridding, James Grady, Fergie, cat, marky wilson, Hazel, Unhappy, Jen Lavery, Phil, jason, jackie, teggs, Nokbongwa, sappa, Trip, David, peter, GCHALMERS, Anne Horner, Stephen, Stuart Forsyth, James Murray, Fitlike, Ash Duffy, Andy Steele, Kev Stronach, caitlyn maccabe, Jane, David Roddie, Swirly, Brian Mcculloch, Derek Sweeney, margaret bean, M., m.c.muir, tim mc tim, stu, Vic Reeves, JOE MCDOUGLE, j, ian, claire mccluskey, john smith, Wodieskodie, Paul Climie, Kamilah Neighbors, kelsey, Neil gilkison, Nobreath, susan, Alan, Zhan McIntyre, Derek Dunnington, Suzanne C, generic, Katie, Danny, nemisis, jerry adams, Vikki Laing, Audrey, paul mcdonagh, Michael, mark bryans, Ronnie, Paula McGuinness, COLIN FRASER, kyle.campbell, wilkie, yungster, Shirley, Holly, Kelly Durham, Muninn, Ray, catherine s, Alex Boyd, bevy, Rob, wolfie1979, gordyboy, Gary Boi, Louise Carruthers, Deputy Davieboy, jennifer, John, Gillian, TD, David Reilly, Douglas Nicol
Last updated: 2017-11-17
More stuff about Glasgow
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Glasgow Knowhere Board