Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Great Malvern, Worcestershire*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Great Malvern.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Elgar obvs m8. Wolfgang always seems to surprise me with his symphonies. I literally jizzed in my pants once when I heard is B flat diminished minor symphony with F double sharp and C cromatic written for Cello. Had to walk out of Malvern Theatres and get a gran to finish me off.
- Somewhere back in time Andy Gray (Ex Sky Sports presenter and Villa, Everton and Wolves striker) used to go to the Morgan as he was seeing Tony's daughter.
- Aleister Crowley (naughty man) the infamous author of 'Liber 777, 'The Book of Lies' and other rollicking japes spent a short time at Malvern College.
- that Bird from Big Brother, Nush worked in the orange phone shop. quite fit.
- Mikey B - pure ledge. 'Aye Mikey B how you doing?' 'I'm just gonna drive my car and not look at the road, pop ya collar homes'. 'But did you lick the clitay?'
- Robert Plant.. of the Zepplin fame
- Nigel keneddy
- Nigel Kennedy the violinist. Frequents the Lamb
- i saw carl kennedy in the great malvern hotel, my life is complete
- Alan Fletcher (Karl Kennedy) from Neighbours is doing Panto 2004
- tim for big brother-saw him in heron news+i hes very tall+had to shout at him to get out of way,nuska from big brother(anyone seeing a pattern here???),elgar,me+also did everyone know that tolkein+c.s lewis used to regularly walk on the hills together+have drinks in the unicorn-YAY!
- justin lamb
- Um... i saw Noel from Hear Say once here, but i dont think anyone famous would want to live here!!!
- NUSH of Big Brother! Surely her new-found celeb status affords her a mention here? Well done Nush.
- Paul Farrer who composed the music for the weakest link now owns 87% of Malvern
- Sammy Knight - round the world athlete
- apparently andrew WK lives here...
- Didn't Langland, author of Piers Plowman, live around here? He's said to have drawn inspiration while gazing at view from Malvern Hills.
I also noticed a plaque saying Birmingham radical Thomas Atwood (a prominent Chartist) died in Malvern, having gone to convalesce. (it's on what's now part of the college).
- Nigel Kennedy, the big GBW, Elgar (you can meet him at Belle Vue Terrace but he might seem a bit cold), Mr Manby (Jack the Ripper suspect) CS Lewis went to the college (so he was a blazer wearing ponce then)
- Apartently Madge from neighbors had a little time in Malvern, no harold though.
- Saw Dirty Den recently
- Barbara Cartland went to MGC.. hmmm.. pink.
- there are loads of hippy tye people from bands and people like david lowe who did the song "would you" i know him my dads kinda famous because hes the editor of sound on sound the music magazine and has a recording studio.
- nigel kennedy and theatre types
- Jeremy Paxman, Denholm Elliot, Satan
- Nigel Kennedy... Erm... Some others. Probably. That bloke that did that "Umm... would you go to bed with me?" song.
- Well along, and down a street of West Malvern Rd Nigel Kennedy lives...not too interesting though...
- NIGEL KENEDY OZZY OSBOURNE CROMWELL VAUGHN BAKER AND THAT CRAPPY TRENDT TEENY BOPPER CHARTMUSIC WHICH I CANT REMEBER THEIR NAME (um....will you go to bed with
- Jeremy Paxman and Denholm Elliot (actor) went to school here
- Nigel Kennedy (Violinist)
Lofty from It Ain't Half Hot Mum
That bloke what did the "umm...I noticed you around" song
- Nigel Kennedy lives in West Malvern.
- So did Roget - buried in St James' Church.
- Jenny Lind.
- George Bernard Shaw.
- Phil Bates of Electric Light Orchestra Part II lived in Malvern until July 1996
- Elgar was here. They invented the first programmable computer here, and als the liquid crystal display. My friend Tim Garrard was pushed into a hedge by my ex-wife, but survived to become Lord Chief Justice of Nigeria.
- Robert Smith of the Cure (Alledgedly) Dave Lowe of Touch & Go Charles Darwin C S Lewis Alastair Crowley
- -Edward Elgar (Composer) -Jenny Lind (Singer) -Nigel Kennedy (fiddler) -Radclyffe Hall (Writer) -Caratacus (anti-Roman revolutionary) Probably not true... -Aliester Crowley (Magician) Went to private school here. -Barry Jackson (Theatrical worthy) -The Queen (drinks only Malvern Water where ever she goes)
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Mark Hutcheson, bob dovey, bob marley, da, Brian Jones, micke, John McClaine, Marc Eting, Matt, jim, Dan, Al, Hugh Nicklin, Phill Tromans, Kirsty, Matt Williams, dave, herman, John Morris, malvernman, Sarah Passmore, Downtown Sid Brown, brian, War Rose, fairy head, Phil, Elmo, Delilah, clive, DD, Louise, ian croft, Suggs, Bob, bonnie, John Taylor, Alex Foulds, Ya main man Rozza, chris, blah, blah, blah!, Edwood, GaZ fAz, Terry, DAVE HARFORD, the STINK, lynn, wet, edward hockett, stu, Victoria Milne, Ange, bobhawks, ali, Holli, nath, DAVID MIDDLETON, SKUM CREW, luke, Charlie Pottins, jack, D Morris, emma, generic, estelle, Rach, Ian Berry, Smackhead, Chris Kirkland, Will Baker, Captain Face Beats Mcginty, Turdy, Andrew Smith, lushy, Tim Millwood, Sarah, bob hope, D Scott, tom, Tracey Waite, Billy Bob, Sophie Evans, charlie, Neil Poulter, Graham Shepherd, litze, Phill, Michelle, Dave Newton, Lenny, Harriet, Ray Toland, Tez, Paul Hart, sazkia, Nick Atkin
Last updated: 2016-09-21
More stuff about Great Malvern
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Great Malvern Knowhere Board