The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else in Grimsby, Lincolnshire*
The things which can't be categorised
You can tell us more about Grimsby.
The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- In Nov 1993, 16 yr old Jamie Cheeseman vanished from Comber Place after an argument. Somebody knows something, please contact the police asap. Her parents need closure. How can you keep quiet and let her family suffer?
- grimsby is the best place to live fuck you all you haters!!
- My grandmothers home town - just a free costing car park for over 20'000 one man band manual vans each night - worse than my own home of Scunthorpe DALS!!!! Luis woz here no gone!!!!!
- move grimsby into the sea
- Once people leave grimsby to goto university; they never come back.
- There is a locally produced commic that is worth checking out and a good scifi/comic shop....called Star Rider on the corner of pasture street and Victoria Street.
Also check out Beorc in the same area and a good hippy shop is Kashmir on Freeman street....sells magic mushrooms insense, books clothes etc etc
- There definitely are a few areas which exude a very unpleasant smell in Grimsby - just drive in on the A180 and you'll find out.
- I MEET ROB THE ROBOT IN LONDON. HE WAS WORKING IN A PRINTING SHOP.WHILE LIVING IN LONDON I MEET A LOT OF EX TOWNIES.AL DOING WELL THANKS.
- Geoff Tims the successful author of the modern poetry book Visions Of Life has brought out a new book called Deca which can be seen at www.coolpublications.com or at the authors official website. If you would like to know more information about poetry or would like to talk direct to the author then visit his official website.
- an indoor skate park ppllllzzzzzz there was a partition for one in underground if its still there sign it NOW
- Lincolnshire most exciting modern poet who is from Grimsby has just brought out his latest book Visions Of Life which is full of modern poetry, priced only £3.50. It is available from W H Smith, Ottakar's in grimsby and all good book shops around the country. If you would like details of the author or where you can buy the book then please visit www.geofftims.co.uk.
- shout to all the ainsley st old school graffers,all the skaters n the almighty pinto,
- THIS IS NOT MEANT TO A CONTACT I WAS BORN AND BRED IN GRIMSBY SPENDING MY EARLY YEARS IN NUNNY EVEN IN THE SIXTIES IT WAS A BLEAK PLACE INHABITED BY NUTTERS NOW IT LOOKS LIKE AN OLD NUKE TEST GROUND I MOVED TO LONDON IN THE 80s AFTER A FEW YEARS THERE A BEGAN TO SEE MORE AND MORE GRIMSBY FACES INCLUDING ROB THE ROBOT AND BIL MILLER IT SEMS NOT EVERYONE WANTS TO STAY THERE THE FEW THAT MANAGE TO ESCAPE THE STANGE GRAVITIONAL PULL OF THE TOWN GO ON TO REACH THERE GOAL FOR ME IT BROUGHT MONEY AND THE CHANCE TO START A BUSSINESS SOMETHING THAT COULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED IN GRIMSBY I WENT FROM EARNING 60 QUID AT ROSS TO 250 QUID IN MY FIRST JOB IN LONDON IM NOT KNOCKING THE TOWN IT JUST SEEMS MOST PEOPLE SEEM TO BE CONTENT WITH THERE LOT AND REFUSE TO BELIEVE THERES SOMETHING MORE TO LIFE THAN GETTING PISSED AND PICKING UP THERE DOLE CHEQUE
- There IS an accent. It sometimes DOES smell of fish. It's mucky. But it's honest, and it's home.
- if grimsby is that shit then why are u fuckers doing here
- Well Grimsby is a Shit Hole! GET ME OUTTA HERE!!!
- Ok so y does grimsby havin not only 2 twin towns but 3 make it special if you ask me it just makes it sound dumb!!!!
- HAIRDRESSERS! Alcrest Academy is a great place to get your hair done for a low price....... by a trainee, but trust me, they are supervised at all times, its at the bottom end of freemo down church street
- Why are Sotonions known as 'mush'
- Grimsby is shit! Except for the Krem which is a cool skatepark
- I remember the cab number I used to call 10 years ago after I stumbled out of 'Gullies'. 696969.
The cabbies were all wankers with grey slip on shoes. But there was this one single black cab in town with a rastafarian driver who was really cool. He looked like he'd gone driving around London and gone to far and ended up in Grimsby.
Whenever I go back there to visit family I go to Gullies. I see the same faces in the same places (ie. goth corner) but they never recognise me. Probably because ten years ago I was a goth, as was everyone else in town.
- Grimsby is cool because it has not one, not two, but THREE twin towns! (Banjul, Bremerhaven, and Dieppe)
- we really do need more jobs and money as some people look like tramps and drive skodas for a life time which is embarrassing.all you people who hate grimsby BITE MY ARSE!!!!!!! grimsby rocks you can judge a book by its cover!!!!
- good old Grimsby Haddock and chips.
- Some good surrounding slopes for Downhill Mountainbiking, I would suggest you check out the Bridal way running through croxby woods. It is a bridal way so there should be a right of way to the cyclists.
Local dialect for chewing gum is spoggie/spoggey however its spelt. This is a very usefull bit of information as I have found that once you move away from the town nobody else seems to understand what the hell you are asking for. Its usually referred to by the Yorkie scum as Chudd'e
We really hate Yorkies, Especially the ones which come to our town in the summer as they tend to be the thick as fuck ones from the council estates who dont give a rats ass what they say around other peoples kids, let their kids run riot, let there kids run around in the dirtyest clothes I have ever seen, drop litter everywhere, cause fights, rob from our shops, try breaking in to our theme park, speak in such a thick and unusual way that we can't understand them, and last but not least, the one thing that ticks us off the most, they actually ask for COD done in DRIPPING to actually eat. Everyone knows that cod are the scummyest, most scavenging fish around and that dripping is the most foul tasting and unhealthy thing on earth. The best fish you can have from a chippie done in batter is, in my book, haddok. It is tasty doesn't scavenge for food and doesn't leave a greasy layor of crap in between the fish surface and the batter when it is cooked.
- Never say you`re not from Grimsby if you`re male unless you`re trying to impress a bird(you will get the shag)
- apparently the old Grimsby Hippies tell me that Grimsby is built on a lay line... hence the karmic atmos that exudes from the place ... or is that something to do with Tioxide? Are the eternal Question
- BEST PLACE TO TAKE YOUR BIRD OR BLOKE ONCE YOUVE PULLED
Good old fannystone road (notice the appropriate name)
Under the sub way near St James hotel WARNING may come across a few drugies wacking up !
Seedy alleys near Salamanda close !!!!!
In a wan with a bottle of wodka, whoops !!!!
- Doesn't always smell of fish - late night on a Sunday/ early on Monday morning is grim though.
- I was born in a house on Blundell Ave. (Cleethorpes) and the Mariners used to kick the ball into our backyard. My Dad would get fed up (a gardener you see) and refuse to bring it back. I've lived in Canada for years and hope to visit soon. All the negative comments have me wondering: car stereo thefts, rude people, too much drink and drugs? Is this the Grimsby of my childhood or has the place gone down the drain? What about the "Pea Bung"? Is it still there? Give me the straight scoop before I return.
- the punk scene was truly marvellous in gy in the late 70/early80s what about clouds alternative night if people spilt your pint they bought you another.best gig had to be the undertones at the gardens.it snowed after and we went paddling .what happened to rob the robot?
- On the smell debate, it does but i'm proud.
- We all know Grimsby was founded by the Norse. Well, I got to speaking to a Danish flatmate of mine, and he reckons that 'Grimsby' still translates to 'UGLY TOWN' in modern Danish. If you think Grimsby's a bad place - check out the other provincial towns in the North. For that matter, check out the ones DOWN SOUTH!! Grimsby is also, FOOD CAPITAL OF EUROPE. Worth knowing just to wind-up our high-faluttin', gastonimically superior, continental cousins. Make sure they know it too.
- Grimsby *must* be a great place, most of the people there grow up there, move just down the road from their parents, have jobs there, have kids there and get buried there. You're considered stange if you live more than 3 miles from where you were born.
- OI, we got an Ottakars!!! Brill bookshop! Grimsby is up and coming. Watch out!! Soon it wil be the London of the north
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: George, paul thompson, gilly, DavidDavidson, Richard Davidson, drummergirl, sdf, Chris + Damien, emma hall, KEITH, Mike Smith, bobbie socks, Pete Dixey, Chris Borum, Moonhead, Rick S., laura paddey, Dan Harris, Leonara Deighton, mark daynes, Vicky, Ruth LeCore, faa2000uk, Dan Wesley, BadBoy, adam, mono vintage, scott, Myra, GC, Andy B., geoff tims, hannah, RORY STORM, jimbob, katie, leon shepherd, Paula, craig barker, bomber, J. Parkin, sarah, stacey, said the 'g' word, would prefer to remain anonymous if grimb, gee, Chris Robinson, jimsippo, Z, indra, H Coleman, mike, ray moody, Dan McLoughlin, lesley, DANNY THOMO, Donna, matt, theasbolad, barry, Selina, a.humble, gemma, Sam, Ben, hEIDI, sandra reynolds, dawn_61, Ray Richardson, bazza, martyn hurst, matty davies, jo, Ghandi, triff, r. andrews, amanda ov grimsby, matty, Snella, BILLY, Mark Ladlow, paul, Kevin, linzi white, mark, samantha, Andy Male, Jake Powell, Jim, mimi, Dan, Inchy, adz, wesk8, dave kershaw, Miles, Jessie, Natasha Bowers, CE, blakey, UP the Town Down the Beer, john warner, Rich Davidson, dave, Sss, katey, matty rowlands, Batman_col, simon dale, Vanilla Ice, badgerwoman, RHYS, Sam Aisthorpe, jo lander, Nick, IaN, Jenni, fabric retro clothing, i want emma grimes' tight blonde bumhole, ellie, peter, Robert, kik, gra, R U Ferkinshaw, Margaret Campbell, anon, GySkate, A vicious Fiend, stu, Iain, bez, NIGEL GEARING, tim gill, woja, Joe Marshall, Wilks, David Shipley, bunny, charlottte manally, Vicki lucy pippa angela caroline, liam, ANDY T, malc, Ryan, Michelle Ashton, generic, J3ski80, northern lass, Ben Wilkinson, len cposey, Barry Winterton, gareth, Farran, BabyCakes, penny, volcomik, m.a.willie, tw, Tony Ford is a legend, Mighty Mariner, rob, katey christie, Moggy, Daniel Cooper, andy, Joe Barker, Brian Henderson, Milly, Marshy, John Stacey, bump, becks, Lauren Blyth, Kim, Tee, Alyson Thomson, SEAN, Jessica, bob, Speedhorn_gimp, Steve
Last updated: 2014-03-24
More stuff about Grimsby
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Grimsby Knowhere Board