Record Shops in Hastings, East Sussex*
The places where you buy your music
You can tell us more about Hastings.
- Hastings is the thread, Rye is not Hastings, Geddit?
- There's better independant record shops in Rye.
- Lock up Rock in St. andrews market is pretty good, lots of vinyl.
- Old and Gold or st andrews market , both so helpful but not the best at being kind a giving a discount!!!
- Big monkey records trinity st ,back of Robertson st,
Good for secondhand music.
- There's always that golden oldie shop down the old town, but I recon every town has one of those cheesey places. I stick to Virgin and MVC mainly and that one round the back nr substance.
- old town records, they hav loads of sweet and rare records
- Vigin, MVC
- Various shops selling new vinyl in and around Hastings, also Woolworths,Virgin and Old Town Music, excellent if you need the old stuff!
- ummm dunno really but if your after old school stuff then go down the old town man, loadsa cheep cds tapes n even vinal 4 your pleasure
- Used to be frontier but that closed. Little shops with about nine 12inches spring up sometimes but close in about a fortnight.
Old Town Music great from shit music at discount prices.
- EL-DJ in queens road is a new style record shop/cafe which is a safe place 2go and listen before you buy.Nice cafe,good shop downstairs.
- Go to MVC Next to the odeon
- virgin, mvc
- Who remebers Disc Jockey, the purveyor of mighty fine vinyl in the eighties?
Get the vinyl in the day and gate crash the parties at the Chatsworth in the Evening eh? A mighty fine chea half of lager before being thrown out !
- Garage UK unfortunatly closed its doors to walk-in customers a couple of months ago. It was a really good shop - had a good selection of latest dark, 2step, 4-2-the-floor promos and test pressings etc. Darren and his staff were always very helpfull and would do their best to get help you out. They are still around and have a very comprehensive website (garageukvinylstore.co.uk OR .com) You can still talk to Darren and order records by phone on 01424-444944 and if you are "local" AND a good regular customer - he may even let you pick up your vinyl from his home - so no postage to pay!!!
- only 1 man...... on robertsterns st
- can't remember name but it's in george street-sells loads of old nd new records some 4 as little as £2.00
- garage UK records yeah!! guess what style they sell then. a good shop though. but only if you like garage
- "Fat Slobs" @ St Andrews Market. Cheap and Knowledgable on all kinds of tunes, Internet and ordering possible and loads of picture albums, limited edition stuff and vinyl.
- woolies, MVC, Virgin, St Andrews Market, a few in de old town
- St Andrews market just past priory meadow - has cheap second hand cd's and vinyl. You never know what you might find.
- Al's records (it rules)
- Al's records it sells all the metal and punk music of you dreams
- Frontier Records, in Robertson Street - Mainly House Music, but you can find some dead interetsting stuff if you look hard enough.
- Virgin - can't get any better than this
- The Record Shop, Queens Road
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: M.R. Gowen, Tom Bartlett, king of trout, Nicola Davis, Dexter, piff dogg, abigail gilbert, omega, Chris, vibe, Shaun Lee Bishop, martin phinbow, ray, ralph howton, hastings, sam Roberts, Stace, mark peters, geoff martin, Dementia, Jak, Chull, ridhard lacey, Rice, shelley, ross, Shoaib Mughal, Laura-louise, Adam dando (MADA), sarah, Shirley Craig, Mr Proper, Wee, richard wyland, joanie, nick, todd, C J, Rudy, keithduly, Antony, mike, CPB, Alan Griffiths, luke, Linda Shaw, D.YOUNG, amanda, mattnc30, Stephanie June Beale, Richard Moore, Adam Hansford, spanky, Steve May, alfie moon, yannis, Steve Watts, Alison, Tim, Ben Tullis, Lilmishap, Akeel, dave walters, Karen Hayler, melly, Doug Lazenby, Stefan Gutkowski, Peter Shaw, levi, David Hancock, BeatenUp, james, rosemarie, howaRD ROBERTS, Hastings Old Town Studios, Bobby Ray Prince, Arwen, Jim, leigh, paul hog, W Wea ver, Robin Hollingsworth, terry, Luke Gilson, almeh, Brian, @hastingspunter, joy beddows, Eric Firerod, J Griffits, Meg, Rik, Laura, 10 year old sk8er, Lachland Munn, BEER MONSTER, deepdene trolls, skatepunx101, hastingspunter, dan crease, Jayne, Liz, jack ebbets, tanya richards, pete mummery, david webb, oliver mcneil, Dave Jonson, Maureen Fuller, rebecca, Sophie, dan, Pinky, king of trout again, Steve Hawkins, louisa, matt lynch, John Humphries, sven barbarians mc, Dan Clarke, Baronvoncocksplodge, Mat, john, generic, sharon, Tove Gillham, Mark, Louis , Michael, Ann Brooker, miss paal, rob, madam butterfly, Tracey, Adam, Joanna, john mc glinchey, Trevor Bourner, Evilsockpuppets, Matt Davey, Maggie, hastingshappenings, LittleDudette, vruges, Luke da sk8er, vibeman, ADZ, acaukwell, Marc, Steve, george
Last updated: 2016-05-28
More stuff about Hastings
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Hastings Knowhere Board