Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Hayes, Middlesex*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Hayes.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- nicky graham
- nicky graham
- Shane Richie used to live down Long Lane, George Orwell was a teacher at the Fountain Hotel in Church Road when it was still a school. The Ruts. The child actor who played the Artful Dodger in Oliver.
- Greg Dyke, BBC Director General, George Orwell, a bloke that sang in sweet, Family Affairs on Ch 5 is filmed in Hayes
- Ray Wilkins, The Ruts
- Talest man in the world lived in the area and is a lovely man. He obviously goes out like everyother human being, doing his shopping etc and has a really nice personality.
- George Orwell taught in the school that is now the Fountain House Hotel in Church Road.
- mr.bean pops in for a swim every now and again...
- Hey...Heinz Ketchup, what about the Ketchup, up until recently came from Hayes, now moved to Stockley Park (outside Hayes)
- Ray Wilkins (ex ManU Capt., ex Qpr Manager etc....) Born, raised and schooled in Hayes. (Okeedokee Butch!!)
- Greg Dyke The big boss man at the beeb went to Hayes Manor School
GLen Hoddle was not the only famous footballer to grace Hayes.
Les Ferdinand and Cyril Regis have both played for Hayes FC (Terry Browns Red and White Army).
Not to mention Steve Perryman who used to own a couple of quality sports shops, which have sadly demised as the place is now full of townies who only go to the big JJB sports store down the road.
- even the Z list celebs consider this craphole as too naff to have anything to do with.
- There have been large numbers of celebrities that have come from Hayes. However good P.R has ensured that the public never find out about it.
- NO BODY OF ANY STATURE WOULD ADMIT TO BEING OF HAYES STOCK
- FYI!! - Glenn Hoddle comes from Hayes and despite his slightly off beat views about disability, he proves successful folk can emerge from the home of EMI.
- Screaming Lord Sutch used to shop at Giggled on the bridge close the railway station and George Orwell started 1984 there (Christ, the town will NEVER live down the shame!). Several well-known MP's have escaped and some bloke which vanished in the STAR TIGER in 1947 lived there as well.
- Hey - the Sweet used to live there - i even delivered milk to steve priest, and andy scott
- george williams out the love affair 1970s
- David Wilks (ex-Man Utd player) used to live here. Hillingdon Hospital is often used as a location shoot for films/ TV progs, eg. Inspector Morse, Family Affairs.
- Hayes, Wheeze, Cheese, the famous experimental Punk band from Keggers Hill came from here. Their seminal album "Nose Whistle" was recorded in Big Tits Studio in St Polo Street.
- Sean Maguire's cousin lives near Hayes Town (Wahey)...can you spot her?
Some famous drummer out of Deep Purple used to live there (obviously he had the sense to move away)
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: gemma whitney, Ryan O'Tang, Kevin Tits, Irpy Smutter IV, DC, Dan, claire, LC, Adroc morley, peter hunt, Charlotte Murray, Dougie, kate price, Mike Hart, James, your locial pro charlie papps, generic, Della Sharpe, BRIDGET ADAMS, nax, carol smith, DAVE, Sharron Vince, TonyDa Butcher, Trudi Flanagan, jackiehumphries, Hanna, Gavin Cowell, TC tanana, alfie, lisa Hooper, smith, JIM, kirk roberts, Joanne, Johnny, Garry, des donnelly, Andrea, Saint, Hayes was nice!, Jonathan D. Bluestone, Baxter, sarah, bob, mark lester
Last updated: 2013-10-09
More stuff about Hayes
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Hayes Knowhere Board