The Best Things in Hounslow, Middlesex*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Hounslow.
The Best Things
- The M4 westbound
- The M4 westbound
- Used to be the Warren
- '' The Trading Centre '' in Bell rd. full of many bargains in the 60s & 70s. bought my first cooker there. Wonder what the lovely staff are doing these days?
- parks, my gardern, M3, A3, and M4, the river
- gazing at the ceiling in the sun public house from the floor in the sun public house.how a
- Ahh home is where the hatred is.Late summer evenings over Osterley park,frisbee footy and ting.watching a film outside on Pauls lawn with the projector.In the LAB making breakbeat science until the wee hours.Three deck mixing sessions"all back to mine".Family and friends you love and miss very much.
- Hounslow Heath, The majority of the local pubs are friendly.
- the whole range of people you get there, good shops and good food places, discount clothes as well as expensive ones.
- Cheap food and clothes shops all down high st
- The free form Jazz festival 'Windswept' held at Inwood Park August Bank Holiday. A little bit of Southern California in the bleakness.
- Gorgeous Asian girls everywhere, especially at the clubs on Friday and Saturday nights.
The views of the river along Isleworth.
- Have your name engraved on a grain of rice. Serving suggestion - Get them to do a bagful and you can cook your bird up her own personal risotto!
- The hordes of plump ladies sporting tattoos up their arms with their kids names on them - very pleasing on the eye - their beauty is enhanced even more by the rolls of fat which hang over their tracksuit bottoms.
- you can see more national representatives at hounslow west market on a sat in 5 minutes than you ever will in 5 years at the un bldg in new york. great cheap asian food.near lhr and good transport links. being united by our scuzziness and able to diss them snobs from chiswick and richmond. not being feltham.HOUNSLOW BE PROUD!better recycling than Frankfurt
- Multi-cultural. if you want to experience different cultures, come to hounslow. although i must say there are some races and cultures who are just (or appear to be) completely miserable all the time, which puts a dampness on things.
You havent got anything too far away, you can pretty much get anything from some part of hounslow, and even if you cant you can always pop over to richmond which isnt too far away and also a much safer place.
- Great curry houses, loads of pubs, still cheap to buy in an area that will be massively up and coming very very soon. Close to 3 tube stations, Heathrow, Train Station that goes to Waterloo and Reading, M4, M3, M1. What more could a commuter want!?
- Bunnys. The Coffee Pot. Fast links to town / motorways.
- closeness to work
Cheaper than Richmond
- Is highlighted as a major area for investment & regeneration by the Mayor and GLA (get a move on please)
- Not found by Yuppies yet. You will find very few three wheeler prams, wine bars & little BMW Z3's around here - it will be a sad day for Hounslow if an All Bar One ever opens there (unlikely though it may seem at this point in time)
- Being close to Heathrow if you need to go abroad
- Hounslow has real people living real lives not empty headed trendies.
The siege mentality.
- After about nine o'clock everyone who is out & about in Hounslow is incredibly pissed but on the whole fairly friendly.
- The aircraft noise helps drown out the racket the young kids and their teenage mums make.
- the people are friendly,apart from if ur white they kinda stare at you.
- Transport. Picadilly line trains to central London, night buses run from central London to the Bus Station, (where my dad lives in Essex, buses stop at about 7.30pm
The local Tescos is very friendly
Many shops selling foreign vegetable and spices at reasonable prices.
- There is a mad fusion of racist's and militant Asians all in the same patch. Hounslow has a violent history of clashes between Asians and white racists. But that history also makes Hounslow a unique place... a nightmare Hell-hole, but interesting. As long as you don't walk in dark places.
- Good shops, some good pubs, Easy to get to
- Cheap curry houses and other places to eat.
- Maybe after the next War. Nothing a Nuclear Bomb wouldn't sought out.
- Leaving it.
- Local Lounge Rockers Vincent. You`d be hard pushed to find a more smartly dressed bunch of rocker filth anywhere else in the Kingdom.
- Consistently high quality of curry to be had around the area.
- Blenheim Place even though it's not built yet. (completed early 2004)
You can get to anywhere very quickly!
There are actually some decent schools in the borough. A large catholic community ensures that.
- The numerous railway and tube stations, if ever you have the nightmare situation (and believe me it is a nightmare) of being in Hounslow you are safe in the knowledge that you can get out by simply making your way to one of these.
- The bus garage - Hounslow people are known to stand and dream of those exotic faraway destinations such as Tolworth, Staines or Northolt which could be theirs if they could keep off the tennants super for 5 minutes and scrape together 70p
- It's better than Southall and Feltham.. You CAN have a good night out in Hounslow if you try hard enough. And the shopping centre is pretty good. Plus there are some cheap pubs (be careful in these though!)
- Going over to Richmond and polluting the place with hordes of Hounslowites on a Friday night. The last bus back is a bit of laugh.
- Living in Hounslow makes you appreciate everywhere else all the more.
The innovative fashion sense of the Kosovan refugees - a tracksuit and a single eyebrow is de rigeur and the re creation of the Balkan fashion mecca is breath taking.
- The pubs can be a really good laugh- if containing the right people!
Hounslow caters for a wide variety of ethnic groups...particularly Kosovo's and travellers.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: A.A.Gill, q saupin, Paul Davis, T. Rexx, hare, jim, Chris, rick, Colin Bear, Dan, Mrs A Smell, Nikki, tad, Valerie, dave, Double poster, Berni, Gary Chambers, david clifford, Keith Bolton, quentin saupin, Alison Edwards, BP, Kerry, spockis, JOHN, Nick, Katie Chanter, Vik, Richard, Iain Faith, Masher, R S Butler, John Smith, Bill Smith, Windora the witch, dennis a, Mandy Macedo, supper dopper, Bob Charlton, MS, max, Dee, mark howard, dave rogers, Daniel Banche, matt, Pooja, sam, Keith, Alison and Cleo, sally, a edwards, generic, clive edwards, Mick Cummins, Palash R. Ghosh, gareth, Leegal, gemma, nikki clay, roy pryer, Bryn Downing, suiram, jorgie, Susanna Sporran, Robert Harris, horace smith, Spondle Wangdongles, TP, Billy Bob, Gary H, Jimmy, A, jade, Jennifer, sue, Caroline, Dave Smith, Jim Guynan, L.A.White, Gaynor, Stuart, Russ, Pete Seabrook, Sugra Ali
Last updated: 2015-05-20
More stuff about Hounslow
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Hounslow Knowhere Board