Cheap Food in Hounslow, Middlesex*
Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Hounslow.
- Someone, probably from Hounslow, cannot seem to cease posting everything twice. We know what you think, no need to repeat it. Thank you.
- Lot of cheap chicken shops (fried rat and chips)
- Grease and rats all over the place,low grade food and service
What more could u want
- Grease and rats all over the place,low grade food and service
What more could u want
just got to try the heathrow tandori on Jersey parade on the A4,
- My wife makes a decent cheese and tomato sandwich that I am quite prepared to sell to anyone
- Priyas in Cranford,Half loaf shop on Jersey parade and Rita's in Southhall.
- the Golden Oriental (Indian - not Chinese!) is very reliable & reasonable. The staff are very friendly and take aways are just as good as eat ins. UPDATE ON PREVIOUS COMMENT - afraid this place has plummeted and gone down hill. Meat is grisly and it's almost always empty now. they will have to improve standards as I would no longer recommend it and would warn against it. Often empty now - a bad sign.
- JANS on kingsley road! pizza for a pound!
- Nice and well priced hot food opposite library 1st floor treaty centre
- The Empire Chinese opp Hounslow Heath. Cheap, but a proper sit down resto, not a buffet!
- There is no decent Halal chinese available in Hounslow, those who lay claim to this are lying!! All chinese dishes are curried to destruction, here. the nearest near decent place is 'The Anne Bolyn' in Staines.
- The Chinese Kitchen on the High St. UK take on oriental food. The full english stir fry is a must try!
- there is a shop by the bus station called... wait for it... kebabish! We have been trying to figure out the pun for months but to no avail. you could ask whilst you get a kebab(ish)
- The Coffee Pot, London Road Isleworth is the best Thai restaurant in the world. It opens Thursday to Saturday the food is unbelievably good and booking is essential. The owner will often entertain the customers with magic tricks. Forget the Blue Elephant - this is the real deal. AN UPDATE TO THE EARLIER LISTING , THE PREVIOUS OWNER WHO DID THE MAGIC TRICKS HAS MOVED ON, BUT THE REST STILL APPLIES, JUST SAMPLE THE NEW MENU & SEE WHAT I MEAN!!!!!!!!
- Pizza - forget the rest, herbies pizza is the best. Tried the outlet in Brentford and the 'herbies hot bite' was mouth watering.
- The chippy on the Whitton Road. Nice and close to the offie too. Now that's town planning.
- Bunnies Tandoori. Been under new ownership for about a year. The place has just turned around. Excellent service and an exciting new menu. Best in the area. That includes Dhaba's in Isleworth.
- Mmmmm.The Sun Thai restaurant behind the treaty centre is the best restaurant i have ever been to better than chinese or indian!i'd rather go there than n e where else n e day and you can also get waited on in the garden and bar! its a thai restaurant in a pub so u get up after having a gorge meal and go drink the night away!!
- Hounslow Kebabs on the corner of Bell Road is absolutely fantastic ... great Chicken kebabs and you can phone your order through so you don't have to hang around all the piss heads for too long.
- POT NOODLE - Station Parade
All flavours and some collectors special editions for the enthusiast.
- Bunnies Tandoori, Hanworth Road
Zach's, Hanworth Road
- Asia Kebab House for the stonking Chicken Tikka in Fresh Nan!
- The Thai Restaurant in The Sun pub is excellent! The food is scrumptious (my particular favourite being Weeping Tiger), the service is good and always with a smile. It is one of the best Thai restaurants I have tried in the area - GO NOW!!
- theres one little kebab shop thats fairly decent...suprise,suprise by the bus station!!
- There is a great new Keralan restaurant on the Great West Road, near the junction with Vicarage Farm Road (used to be an Italian restaurant called Enrico's). It's called Melam and is, in my opinion, superior to Pallavi in Twickenham - not least because it's cheaper AND it's in Hounslow! So, if you want a change from the usual heavy, oily curry-house fare go and try some tasty South Indian food.
- Khan Tandoori near the south western, best take-away curry you'll ever taste!
- Not many curry houses in the middle of Hounslow but the Golden Oriental (Indian - not Chinese!) is very reliable & reasonable. The staff are very friendly and take aways are just as good as eat ins. There is a very nice Kebab shop opposite the bus garage on Kingsley Road - it is very clean and presentable. Staff are very friendly, it is always busy (a good sign) and I have never had any 'digestive' trouble after eating there. You can't miss it, it is a few shops away from the Asian Kebab shop.
- The Bulstrode for extra cheap food, although you will need to warm up your jaw musces before eating a steak there as they are in for some hard labour
- Pizza express maybe.
If you really want to see something funny. Go to Pizza Hut for the all you can eat thing at Lunch time. Man!!! some of the biggest creatures you will ever see litterally fighting over food which is constantly refilled anyway.
- The Coffee Pot, London Road Isleworth is the best Thai restaurant in the world.It opens Thursday to Saturday the food is unbelievably good and booking is essential. The owner will often entertain the customers with magic tricks.
Forget the Blue Elephant - this is the real deal.
- The Sun pub behind the Treaty Centre now has a decent Thai restaurant inside it. The drinking side still looks dodgy, but the Thai food there is nice.
Asia Kebab House on Kingsley Road does a legendary chicken tikka in nan for £2.50. Has reached legendary status from peoples around the world that visit our nearby office. Don't be put off by the dodgy appearance!
- Cheong Sol Korean restaurant is quite good and is regularly frequented by coachloads of Korean tourists and employees from Dong Ah company down the road. Mind you, the food must be quite good as who'd wanna bring a coach load of tourists to Hounslow? L'Etoile patisserie opposite the Mecca Bingo hall does nice pastries, pannini's and coffee at cheap prices.
- Nandos cheap chicken emporium, although they sell the scrawniest pieces of chicken and a more accurate description of their best line would be chicken bones and chips.
- Hounslow Kebab if you like a run for your money
- Millions of take-aways. Good food available with careful choice.
- Lahore Karahi by the bus garage although put the toilet roll in the fridge before dining there as you will appreciate it later
- McDonalds...(makes your day)
Numerous kebab (ummmm) shops darted around
Pizza Express...(thats as posh as it gets!)
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: A.A.Gill, q saupin, Paul Davis, T. Rexx, hare, jim, Chris, rick, Colin Bear, Dan, Mrs A Smell, Nikki, tad, Valerie, dave, Double poster, Berni, Gary Chambers, david clifford, Keith Bolton, quentin saupin, Alison Edwards, BP, Kerry, spockis, JOHN, Nick, Katie Chanter, Vik, Richard, Iain Faith, Masher, R S Butler, John Smith, Bill Smith, Windora the witch, dennis a, Mandy Macedo, supper dopper, Bob Charlton, MS, max, Dee, mark howard, dave rogers, Daniel Banche, matt, Pooja, sam, Keith, Alison and Cleo, sally, a edwards, generic, clive edwards, Mick Cummins, Palash R. Ghosh, gareth, Leegal, gemma, nikki clay, roy pryer, Bryn Downing, suiram, jorgie, Susanna Sporran, Robert Harris, horace smith, Spondle Wangdongles, TP, Billy Bob, Gary H, Jimmy, A, jade, Jennifer, sue, Caroline, Dave Smith, Jim Guynan, L.A.White, Gaynor, Stuart, Russ, Pete Seabrook, Sugra Ali
Last updated: 2016-03-22
More stuff about Hounslow
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Hounslow Knowhere Board