Live Music Venues in Hounslow, Middlesex*
Live sounds in a garage, pub, park or stadium
You can tell us more about Hounslow.
Live Music Venues
- People often refer to Jimi Hendrix playing the now defunct Duke of Cambridge pub on Kingsley Road while when I was younger, it was said to be the White Bear on the same road.
There may be some mis-remembering here. According to other sources, he played the Ricky Tick Club in the 60s which was on London Road facing the bus garage building; it's now an employment agency. It only seems to have been there around 1966-67 but in addition to Hendrix, it saw John Mayall, Thw Who, Cream and Pink Floyd playing there.
- If you wanna listen to any decent live music...don't go to hounslow
- a shaddow of its former self, The globe brentford but still Okay, they should close the curtains though.
Red lion Isleworth, great beer.
- does anyone remember my band :the: blueswailers: we played all the big venues;isleworth town hall the methodist church bell rd & the hall behind the lord palmerston. autographs signed just ask your price.
- The Rifleman for Indie and tribute bands.seen people like Roy Ayres at the Watermans in Brentford.
- 1st floor shannons random gig nites, pop in for details (just past high st on the left hand side)
- the rifleman has a backroom for bands, which is depressing and dingy when seen in broad daylight, but if filled with people at night is quite "atmospheric"... until the police come and peer through the window and everyone leaves
- Inwood Park has a packed schedule of summer music events including 'Windswept' (Jazz), 'Inwoodwind' (recitals), Shandigarh (Indian folk/beer) and 'Relentless' (hard dance/D&B).
- Stripes bar at Brentford FC - local bands, Northern Soul nights too.
- the streets of Hounslow West on a weekend night- rude boy ragga and bhangra from car stereos at 2 am- great.
- The Sun Pub behind the treaty centre plays loads of the old music that we all remember and love all the proper dancing and singing songs. The garden also has speakers so you can listen to the music in the garden and the children can go there!!
- FLANDERS, Every Tuesday Upstairs at The Earl Russell, Hanworth Road, Hounslow. The only place in West London dedicated to the burgeoning Belgian avant garde scene. Offers a fine selection of Belgian beers, bar snacks and magazines. "..calming but strangely unsettling..." - Folk Week
- The Old Red Lion in Hounslow did not become McDonalds, but was beside McDonalds, it is now Barclays Bank. Red Lion, Brentford, how I mourn its passing - a curse on McDonalds, now the John Bull music has gone - sigh!
- Are you joking? Hounslow used to boast some of the best Rock pubs. I.e. The Old Red Lion in Hounslow High St. Now a McDonalds and the Red Lion in Brentford. Notorious Biker, long hair pub.Now a ... McDonalds!
- D. SHANNON & SONS, HIGH STREET HOUNSLOW
DJ SCOTT GARCIA, (IT'S A LONDON THING) FRIDAY NIGHTS 'TILL 2am
70's -01 DISCO GLITZ OPEN 'TILL 2am
KARAOKE SUNDAY, 'TALENT NIGHT !!!' TILL MIDNIGHT
- The now defunkt Universal at Rowan`s Cafe bar , Kew bridge was a great place to see local and visiting bands and novelty acts. The Shrine at the Rifleman behind M&S is the only indie venue in the area - real rock`n`roll vibe. Acoustic gigs at The white Bear every Wednesday.
- The Fisherman`s Arse . Folk.
- None. Don't bother
- 'Rifleman' pub, holds debuts from many aspiring young rock/indie bands every weekend
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: A.A.Gill, q saupin, Paul Davis, T. Rexx, hare, jim, Chris, rick, Colin Bear, Dan, Mrs A Smell, Nikki, tad, Valerie, dave, Double poster, Berni, Gary Chambers, david clifford, Keith Bolton, quentin saupin, Alison Edwards, BP, Kerry, spockis, JOHN, Nick, Katie Chanter, Vik, Richard, Iain Faith, Masher, R S Butler, John Smith, Bill Smith, Windora the witch, dennis a, Mandy Macedo, supper dopper, Bob Charlton, MS, max, Dee, mark howard, dave rogers, Daniel Banche, matt, Pooja, sam, Keith, Alison and Cleo, sally, a edwards, generic, clive edwards, Mick Cummins, Palash R. Ghosh, gareth, Leegal, gemma, nikki clay, roy pryer, Bryn Downing, suiram, jorgie, Susanna Sporran, Robert Harris, horace smith, Spondle Wangdongles, TP, Billy Bob, Gary H, Jimmy, A, jade, Jennifer, sue, Caroline, Dave Smith, Jim Guynan, L.A.White, Gaynor, Stuart, Russ, Pete Seabrook, Sugra Ali
Last updated: 2016-03-22
More stuff about Hounslow
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Hounslow Knowhere Board